Capitol Hill Blue
via Fox News

The Manhattan District Attorney's office has asked for a meeting with law enforcement ahead of a possible indictment of former President Donald Trump next week, according to a court source.

According to the source, the meeting was requested Thursday and hasn't been set. The meeting is to "discuss logistics for some time next week, which would mean that they are anticipating an indictment next week," the source familiar with the planning said.
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]
This morning, SA 03/18/23, Donald Trump posted on Truth Social that he will be arrested on Tuesday by the Manhattan district attorney's office and called for public protests.

The tears of a clown...
"OUR NATION IS NOW THIRD WORLD & DYING. THE AMERICAN DREAM IS DEAD! THE RADICAL LEFT ANARCHISTS HAVE STOLLEN OUR PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, AND WITH IT, THE HEART OF OUR OUR COUNTRY. AMERICAN PATRIOTS ARE BEING ARRESTED & HELD IN CAPTIVITY LIKE ANIMALS, WHILE CRIMINALS & LEFTIST THUGS ARE ALLOWED TO ROAM THE STREETS, KILLING & BURNING WITH NO RETRIBUTION. MILLIONS ARE FLOODING THROUGH OUR OPEN BOARDERS, MANY FROM PRISONS & MENTAL INSTITUTIONS. CRIME & INFLATION ARE DESTROYING OUR VERY WAY OF LIFE..."

...adding:

"NOW ILLEGAL LEAKS FROM A CORRUPT & HIGHLY POLITICAL MANHATTAN DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE, WHICH HAS ALLOWED NEW RECORDS TO BE SET IN VIOLENT CRIME & WHOSE LEADER IS FUNDED BY GEORGE SOROS, INDICATE THAT, WITH NO CRIME BEING ABLE TO BE PROVEN, & BASED ON AN OLD & FULLY DEBUNKED (BY NUMEROUS OTHER PROSECUTORS!) FAIRYTALE, THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!"
I'm looking forward to the perp walk myself. smile

#LockHimUp
Here’s some more.

Delicate negotiations underway over potential Trump arrest next week

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-in...ct-attorney-investigation-162455434.html
apparently Rep McCarthy believes Trump is above the law. He has directed federally elected representatives to run interference for Trump.

We are no longer a nation of laws. It's all about sheer naked power. The Republican vision of a Darwinian death struggle is full on. "Please fasten your seatbelts and return your tray table to its full upright and locked position" .... we will endure a period of extreme turbulence.
Originally Posted by rporter314
apparently Rep McCarthy believes Trump is above the law. He has directed federally elected representatives to run interference for Trump.

We are no longer a nation of laws. It's all about sheer naked power. The Republican vision of a Darwinian death struggle is full on. "Please fasten your seatbelts and return your tray table to its full upright and locked position" .... we will endure a period of extreme turbulence.

McCarthy is a Republican. View his actions through that lens and it all makes sense.
Sounding more and more like Saddam.
Trump calls for protests of his impending arrest

With his indictment by a Manhattan grand jury expected but its timing uncertain, former President Donald J. Trump declared on his social media site Saturday that he would be arrested on Tuesday, and demanded that his supporters protest on his behalf.
This call to protest echo's his J6 "fight like hell" request. The arraigning judge ought to deny Trump bail for Trump riling up his supporters.

I’m sure this is not necessary because Trump means for his base to protest in a peaceful, zip tie-free way. crazy
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Trump calls for protests of his impending arrest

With his indictment by a Manhattan grand jury expected but its timing uncertain, former President Donald J. Trump declared on his social media site Saturday that he would be arrested on Tuesday, and demanded that his supporters protest on his behalf.
This call to protest echo's his J6 "fight like hell" request. The arraigning judge ought to deny Trump bail for Trump riling up his supporters.

I’m sure this is not necessary because Trump means for his base to protest in a peaceful, zip tie-free way. crazy

The MAGA's still think they are invincible.
Can't wait to see what happens.
Trump will only be arrested if he refuses to submit to the process voluntarily.

I think he sees this event as the pilot episode of a new reality TV show I call “The Apprehendice”, where he is the victim/hero of a near religious persecution. He has to get arrested or the show will be cancelled!
Apparently, just being mug shot and finger-printed is being "arrested."
A lot of Rwingers are dismissing the pay-off to Stormy Daniels by Donald Trump. Here's why Rwingers are wrong (as usual).

Not only did Donald Trump pay off Daniels through his lawyer, but he also paid off Karen McDougal through a third party - The National Enquirer. The tabloid's chief, David Pecker, was given immunity in the case involving Michael Cohen and that's how we know about McDougal.

Also Trump used his business to funnel these two pay-offs and created false records to hide them. These false records are at the crux of the NYC DAs grand jury inquiry and it dovetails into the recent conviction of Trump Organization's false record keeping.

smile
I think you are on the crux of the case. It is NOT about a hush money payoff. It IS about how that hush money was paid out. Pay out of your bank account ... no problem. Use money laundering process to hide source of payment with falsified business records ... well that may be illegal and certainly is in NY.

If the DA lets this go, then I hope everyone in past year who have been convicted file motions to overturn their convictions for reason if one man is above the law, then all men are above the law.
If the DA lets this go, then I hope everyone in past year who have been convicted file motions to overturn their convictions for reason if one man is above the law, then all men are above the law.
:applaud :applaud
I think you are on the crux of the case. It is NOT about a hush money payoff. It IS about how that hush money was paid out.
Nuance has never been the forte of the Rwinger. crazy
Trump states "potential death and destruction" should he be charged with a crime.

The guy is a complete and utter screw-loose sociopath. crazy
Trump states "potential death and destruction" should he be charged with a crime.

The guy is a complete and utter screw-loose sociopath. crazy

Hee hee, you're actually ON that platform?
Geez whiz, hope you can get the cooties off ya there, Rick.
Talk about taking one for the team. LOL
Ew...gross. shocked

Others do the lurking for me and report back. laugh
Indictment watch...

...the Stormy Daniels payment may lead to Trump’s first indictment.

smile
Apparently, just being mug shot and finger-printed is being "arrested."

That's the White version. The Black version of "being arrested" can include a little nightstick upside the head or even getting shot in the back while handcuffed, if you object to anything.
Looking forward to the perp walk tomorrow. smile
Sadly, there probably won't be one. Reporters have been breathlessly following his departure from Mor-a-Loser.
  • No perp walk
  • No handcuffs
  • No mugshot

Why bother? cry
Trump WANTED the perp walk,
WANTED the cuffs,
WANTED the mugshot.
He wanted to USE all of the above to gain MARTYRDOM.

The judge is DENYING him all of that, which in my humble opinion, is a good thing because Trump will sell autographed mug shots, tee shirts, signed USB drives containing video of the perp walk "with a special message from POTUS 4 LIFE."

Judge needs to issue a GAG order on Individual 1 aka John Barron aka Donald Trump.
He needs to issue it immediately.
Welp...we ALL we denied all of that too. mad Only a sicko would fund-raise off being a criminal. crazy

Not even a gag order?!? cry

I knew the charges were more than just Stormy's payoff and Karen's payoff. I knew about the kid and the ex-employee too. Ronan Farrow reported that back in the day. I didn't know that the doorman was paid off too as a "catch and kill"...probably from David Pecker of the National Enquirer.

No wonder Melanie didn't go to NY. laugh
"... the doorman was paid off too as a "catch and kill"...probably from David Pecker of the National Enquirer."

With a name like Pecker, it HAS to be good!
© ReaderRant