Capitol Hill Blue

Hillary Clinton Goes Glam for Daughter Chelsea’s Rehearsal Dinner
People Mag

I am not so fond of Ms CLinton's stylish Caftan...
but I am happy for her that she can enjoy this moment of her life. [Linked Image from img2.timeinc.net]
It looks stylishly comfortable. Some thing to be greatly appreciated. And she looks very happy. That is a good thing when a child is getting married. Congratulations to the Clinton family oupon the marriage of their daughter.
How long until Faux puts this pic up and raises questions about who that strange man is holding her hand that didn't want his face in the picture. Bill and Hillary splitting at their own daughter's wedding? Breathless Beck has the scoop!
She may look happy, but all the guys around her don't. LOL

.. and who's hand is she holding?

I am fairly certain that no one has ever looked particularly dashing in a mother-of-the-bride dress.
Those men are probably her Secret Service detail fending off obnoxious paprazzi. And I don't particularly care whose hand she is holding. None of my business.
Originally Posted by Mellowicious
I am fairly certain that no one has ever looked particularly dashing in a mother-of-the-bride dress.

Especially since all the attention should be on the bride and groom. wink
Rather reminds me of a sari: I wonder if Madame Secretary was inspired by the clothing she has seen on leading women in other countries, during her many trips abroad.

You also have to consider that a Rehearsal Dinner is not all that formal. Many I have attended were just in a back room at the Bride & Groom's favorite casual restaurant, for example Olive Garden. Let's see what she wears to the wedding itself.
If you ever wondered what Hillary would look like draped in a queen size bed sheet (and I doubt you ever wondered), now you know.

I'm wondering if she paid big bucks for that.
I wonder why any of us feel the need to state our opinion of a dress a woman wears to her daughter's wedding rehearsal.

Sorry, but for me this is on a par with who will be he next judge on American Idol.
I wonder why any of us feel the need to state our opinion of a dress a woman wears to her daughter's wedding rehearsal.

Sorry, but for me this is on a par with who will be he next judge on American Idol.

That doesn't change the fact that somewhere there's a queen size bed missing a sheet.
No, sorry, that's the kaftan I made for myself 20 years ago. Satin sheet, in fact.

I'm sorry. It's just...when I was a young girl there was a woman in my home town whose nickname was "Petty" -- not to her face, of course.

This thread made me think of her for the first time in years.

Well, if you are referring to the populus as a whole, it is historically the case that the peasantry has often been fascintated by the goings on of the predator class. Go figure.:-)
Yours,
Issodhos
No, sorry, that's the kaftan I made for myself 20 years ago. Satin sheet, in fact.

I'm sorry. It's just...when I was a young girl there was a woman in my home town whose nickname was "Petty" -- not to her face, of course.

You continue to apologize, Mellow. There's no need. I respect your opinion of Hillary's dress as I know you respect my opinion.
Originally Posted by Ardy
[Linked Image from img2.timeinc.net]

The mother of the bride wore that? [Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]

What? Have all the gay designers not returned from their winter hiatus' in Mykonos yet?
Originally Posted by Slipped Mickey

You continue to apologize, Mellow. There's no need. I respect your opinion of Hillary's dress as I know you respect my opinion.

Mick, I don't give a rat's tuchus about Hillary's MOB dress. I'm just astonished that anyone outside the event DOES.

Respect or disrespect of anyone's opinion is not a factor. I just don't understand WHY anyone cares.

Mick, I don't give a rat's tuchus about Hillary's MOB dress. I'm just astonished that anyone outside the event DOES.

Respect or disrespect of anyone's opinion is not a factor. I just don't understand WHY anyone cares.

Your astonishment is duly noted.
Originally Posted by california rick
Originally Posted by Ardy
[Linked Image from img2.timeinc.net]

The mother of the bride wore that? [Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]

What? Have all the gay designers not returned from their winter hiatus' in Mykonos yet?

Rick, I have it on good authority that you are correct. I'm told that Hillary's dress was designed by a guy named Bubba Creech at a carpet mill in Dalton, Georgia.

Me too

I just started the thread because I thought Hillary looked relaxed and happy.... and wish her well for this non political part of her life.

It's worse than that, Rick: She had to settle for Oscar de la Renta. tsk, tsk grin
It's worse than that, Rick: She had to settle for Oscar de la Renta. tsk, tsk grin
Mr. de la Renta is straight - I'm just sayin'... Hmm
Oscar de la Renta is a wonderful designer. Straight or Gay.Your prejudice slip is showing, Rick... grin
Your prejudice slip is showing, Rick...
Uh...yeah, Rick is there something about loving women that precludes men from being able to design clothes for them?

But I understand your prejudice, if there were a lot more of us like you there would be a lot less of us.

I'm taking Rick's side in this. I'm can prove that Rick is correct. Look at Hillary's dress! Designed by a straight guy. Look at the men around Hillary. Feckin bored. How do you think the men would look if Hillary was nekkid?

Let's be honest here for a minute. The one thing straight guys like women wearing is nothing. When we see a woman all dressed up, it just makes us think more about how nice she'd look if she was nekkid. That's why women dress for women, and possibly their gay friends. Straight guys don't think about clothes on women. We think about clothes off women. You let a straight guy dress a woman and she'll end up looking like a hooker or like Hillary in the original post or worse.

If a woman is wearing clothes, a dress, all straight guys think about it is:

1) the woman being nekkid
2) how difficult will it be for me to take her dress off
3) can I do it with one hand and not spill my drink, while also kissing her all at the same time

I will admit it. As soon as I saw that picture of Hillary I immediately thought that it could be a deceptively difficult dress to remove. If that dress isn't removed with skill and forethought, she could end up getting her belly button stud or one of her toe rings caught in a pant leg. The good news about that dress is that she probably isn't wearing step-ins (pantyhose). Nobody likes those damn things. I digress.

Think about it for a second. For Hillary, that day, in that "dress", that picture was the money shot. That's the best that damn dress looked on her all day. The light was right and the wind was blowing just enough to spread that "dress" out in a mutant, fluorescent cave bat effect. Without the wind, and just standing still, that dress probably hung on her like a 5 day old gym towel in the back of a locker. That, um, "dress" was designed by a straight guy, a man who prefers women nekkid.

Woman: I don't have anything to wear tonight. Nothing looks good on me.

Man: That's all right, baby girl. I love nothing on you. Let's just stay home and wear nothing. devil

Which is all the guy wanted to begin with, spending the night with a nekkid woman.

Slipped Mickey does make a valid point: Men would rather see women nekkid, than dressed; and gay men would rather see a woman as a sexy dressed diva than nekkid.

I'm just sayin'... Hmm
Slipped Mickey does make a valid point: Men would rather see women nekkid, than dressed; and gay men would rather see a woman as a sexy dressed diva than nekkid.

I'm just sayin'... Hmm

There it is.
There it is.
[Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]

We "get it," Mick wink
Originally Posted by Scoutgal
Oscar de la Renta is a wonderful designer. Straight or Gay.
Um...no, Mr. de la Renta is straight. He's not gay. Just look at his designs. Hmm
There it is.

We "get it," Mick wink

You dress 'em and I'll undress 'em. Works for me. I suppose women might want to have a say in this, but so far we're on our own.
Christian Siriano - gay

[Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com], [Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]

Oscar de la Renta - straight

[Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com], [Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]

Which lady is dressed as a diva? Hellllllooooooooooo! rolleyes

...again I ask: Who are the divas?

Marc Jacobs
- gay

Ralph Lauren - straight

Hellllllooooooooooo! rolleyes
There it is.

We "get it," Mick wink

You dress 'em and I'll undress 'em. Works for me. I suppose women might want to have a say in this, but so far we're on our own.

Mrs. Slipped might have a great deal to say about you undressing women. tonbricks LOL
Christian Siriano - gay

UGLY! sick If I wanted to look like an anorexic chicken with a moulting disease, I'd pick this. rolleyes

Oscar de la Renta - straight

Which lady is dressed as a diva? Hellllllooooooooooo! rolleyes

This is elegant. ThumbsUp I don't want to be dressed as a circus clown. I want class.
...again I ask: Who are the divas?

Marc Jacobs
- gay

Ralph Lauren - straight

Hellllllooooooooooo! rolleyes

Except for the hats, Marc Jacobs is a pretty good fashion designer. So is Ralph Lauren. But I like Vera Wang. That's what I wear.

[Linked Image from brandhabit.com]
The gay guy seems to like dressing anorexic models that look more like boys than girls, Oscar shows of his stuff on a woman I'd like to see nekkid.
Christian Siriano - gay

UGLY! sick If I wanted to look like an anorexic chicken with a moulting disease, I'd pick this. rolleyes
First off, the dress is ostrich feathers - and the design is so cutting-edged COUTURE - HOT !!!

I'd be so proud to walk with a woman who wore the ostrich dress on the right - that woman would be sizzlin' - like a block of dry ice! Heads would be turnin' to look at my arm-candy. Bow
....But I like Vera Wang. That's what I wear.

[Linked Image from brandhabit.com]

B-O-R-I-N-G ! ! !
  • Where's the fun?
  • Where's the WOW!!
  • Doesn't 'POP'
...might as well shop at KMart and save some money. Hmm

This is smokin' - just like the ostrich dress - it's sexy, excellent, excellent, silhouette, very feminine, and evokes confidence.
Originally Posted by Greger
The gay guy seems to like dressing anorexic models that look more like boys than girls, Oscar shows of his stuff on a woman I'd like to see nekkid.

That's what I've felt for a long time.
Christian Siriano - gay

First off, the dress is ostrich feathers - and the design is so cutting-edged COUTURE - HOT !!!

I'd be so proud to walk with a woman who wore the ostrich dress on the right - that woman would be sizzlin' - like a block of dry ice! Heads would be turnin' to look at my arm-candy. Bow

Sorry, the only ones that wear freak parade stuff like that is Lady Gaga and Madonna-when on tour.
Clothes like what Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy Onassis wore are timeless and beautiful.

I'm not saying that there aren't good gay designers-I'm saying that good designers are not only Gay.

If people are staring at your arm candy when they're dressed like that, their heads are turning because they are thinking "WTF???"
If people are staring at your arm candy when they're dressed like that, their heads are turning because they are thinking "WTF???"
ROTFMOL

They're thinking: Wow! How cool is that dress?! Bow

Boy! That's one lucky dude! cool
ROTFMOL

No, they're wondering if that's a pet or an extraterrestrial. shocked
ROTFMOL
I'm not much into this kind of stuff, but someone mentioned Gaga, and I didn't know anything about Lady Gaga, so I looked for pictures...
I know this is offtopic but the lady seems to have humungous ears.
Picture
I really don't know what to make of the popularity, but I wonder if the big ears may be kinda like a foot fetish or somethin.

Dunno... I s'pose it fits in with today's culture.
Lady Gaga is actually a very talented singer/song writer. She sings and writes her own works.
Yes, Lady Gaga is talented. But she is a performer, and that is why she wears such outlandish get-ups-the same for Madonna, Cris Angel and a whole lot of of other performers. Not something that you would wear to a rehearsal dinner or a wedding-unless you went to a wedding for a member of Kiss or Alice Cooper.
ROTFMOL

As Tim Gunn would say, "Make it work, people".:-)
Yours,
Issodhos
I gave up tonight's Project Runway to read THIS thread???
Originally Posted by issodhos
As Tim Gunn would say, "Make it work, people".:-)
ROTFMOL

Absolutely!

(sidebar: This is the second reference to 'pop culture' that you've surprised me with Issy - the first being: Beavis and Butthead. )
Originally Posted by loganrbt
I gave up tonight's Project Runway to read THIS thread???
I know. All this talk of Oscar and Ralph - tired...boring !!! rolleyes

We should be talkin' about those fierce designers out there...those hardworking gay men that make women look like the sexy divas that they are! Bow
Most of the designers on Project Runway have ugly designs. If I wanted to dress like that, I'd just borrow wardrobe from Mimi and the Ringling Bros.

Most of the designers on Project Runway have ugly designs.
That's why there's only one winner. ROTFMOL
© ReaderRant