WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2wins Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Santorum’s Warning: Breaking Christian ‘Moral Bounds’ Will Lead To ‘A Very Dangerous Place’
dang headline won't fit up top.
If everybody goes out and says, ‘I’ll do whatever I want, I’ll be my own government. I’ll love my life under my rules.’ Go out and leave here and drive down the left side of the highway and see how well that works out. You can’t live according to your own rules. We have to live to rules that are good and descent and moral and fair that allow us all to pursue our dreams. And when people break those moral bounds and society becomes a very dangerous place and government gets bigger, we have to hire more people in uniforms here in this country and we are less free.
link the folks doing what they want these days seem to be the big corporations. haven't heard much from you on that, rick. but, yeah, you're gonna shut down the smut industry once and for all. rolleyes

sure, you can talk to god, but if you don't listen then what's the use? so, onward through the fog!
old hand
old hand
What the F*** does government have to do with morals? Good and decent (not descent) and moral and fair are NOT the things with which our or any government should concern itself.

Another day, another coffin nail.

Take the nacilbupeR pledge: I solemnly swear that I will help back out all Republicans at the next election.
veteran
veteran
'
Well, this Yankee Huckster has carved out his niche market!!

[Linked Image from joshbrownnyc.com]

I wonder what he aims to trade it for at the Republican Convention -- by Crackey!!

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Simply put, it's not your place to decide what constitutes Christian moral boundaries.
You have no right nor invitation to decide for me what constitutes a healthy morality so long as I do not interfere with your right to live as you see fit.

Neither does my government or you within it.
You will lose this war Mr. Santorum.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
2wins Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
i wonder if even gets the irony of this statement:
And when people break those moral bounds and society becomes a very dangerous place and government gets bigger, we have to hire more people in uniforms here in this country and we are less free.

sure, you can talk to god, but if you don't listen then what's the use? so, onward through the fog!
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Originally Posted by Ted Remington
What the F*** does government have to do with morals? Good and decent (not descent) and moral and fair are NOT the things with which our or any government should concern itself.

Another day, another coffin nail.
Ted, you can rest assured most elected officials are not concerned with morals, at least not their own.

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
old hand
old hand
A good hearty chuckle on that one, Phil.

Take the nacilbupeR pledge: I solemnly swear that I will help back out all Republicans at the next election.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Religious organization's "MEMBERS" WHO AFFILIATED THEMSELVES with a respective religion is TOTALLY out of CHOICE. They aren't held hostage by any respective religious organization. Nobody holds a gun to anybody's head and says they have to be a member of a specific church.

Once a member...

Each church denomination teaches its own beliefs and moral standards. AGAIN...members have a "CHOICE" as to whether or not they want to adhere to any taught beliefs or moral standards. There is no CHURCH MORAL ENFORCEMENT AGENCY to ensure that each member is living within the confines of those standards.

Each church denomination (every church)is obviously mutually exclusive from each other, but they are also mutually exclusive of all of it's members (because the churches can't legally enforce their dogma on its members)...and of course non-religious organizations or institutions like local, state, and federal governments.

In other words...it's up to every individual who attends or has a membership at any given church TO CHOICE TO OR NOT to abide by their church's standards and/or beliefs. They are not legally bound to do so. Churches don't have the right to enforce their beliefs or standards on anybody. Religious organizations should be nothing more than facilitators of a place for people to share their common beliefs and faith. NO MORE...NO LESS.

Members of any respective church should be a "living example of their beliefs and faith" and AT THE SAME TIME...they should not infringe on the rights of others while seeking to pursuing their own needs and wants.

Religious moral standards are usually very discriminatory.

Local, state, and federal governments use a form of MORAL PRINCIPLES to create public laws. The origin of any given moral principle isn't really important...IF...IF... such moral principles incorporated into public laws are done so (or should be) in such a way as to "remove as much discrimination as possible" in order to create public laws. Now, I know there are a lot of laws that discriminate. But a nation, which is RULED BY LAW...should do its dire best to create laws that are the least discriminating.

What I see today is: Religious Organizations attempting to impose their respective moral standards over those of the moral principles incorporated into public law. "They want discriminating laws" enforced at every level of government.

That's my 2 cents worth...and my iPad is panting so I'll stop.

Oh, wait! Santorum is a religious fanatical creep. [censored] him and the horse he rode up on!

Turn on ANY brand of political machine - and it automatically goes to the "SPIN and LIE CYCLE" wink

Yours Truly - Gregg

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
and the horse he rode up on!

Or perhaps the church he "rode up on"?

Maybe it's time to file some RICO charges against the entire Catholic Church hierarchy, for their continuing criminal enterprise of shielding child abusers from law enforcement, buying off victims, extorting families into silence, sending criminal priests across state lines to avoid prosecution, etc.

I've read some things about the current Pope that could have him included in that indictment.

Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Topic, PIA, please.

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard