WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Robert Bates, retired millionaire and volunteer Tulsa deputy shot Eric Courtney Harris, who was on the ground. Bates says he mistook his gun for his taser. Oklahoma police say they do not plan to investigate the incident further because, hey, it was just a mistake. They haven't said if Bates will keep his job as unpaid deputy.

There is talk that supervisors were told to falsify his training records, and it has been alleged that those who refused to comply were transferred. There's supposed to be an internal investigation about that.

Bates actually went through police training and became a deputy in his early 20s, but left that job for some reason.

Bates donated tens of thousands of dollars worth of vehicles and equipment to the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office. And in 2012 he gave Sheriff Stanley Glanz $2,500. for his re-election campaign ... the largest contribution Glanz received that cycle. This may have encouraged Glanz to wave some training requirements, or it could have been because of the training Bates received 50 years previous to the incident. Whatever. I think we can agree that it was unwise.

Small wonder Bates has been called a pay-for-play wannabe cop and Sheriff Glanz' sugar daddy.

America's cops need to police their ranks and get rid of the idiots and bad apples. It's a job that needs to be done by trained and disciplined professionals.

Just a Missouri school teacher ... stubborn as a mule and addicted to logic.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I don't know very many departments that have 73-year-old rookies.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Here in Palm Desert, our Police Department are showing many commercials for part-time work as a volunteer in our section of Palm Springs.

When I was 6 years old, my Grandpa bought me a lovely pale blue bike. My dreams of becoming a policewoman in Santa Monica grew to such am extreme that I copied all the names of our area of 5th Street so that I could protect all of them.

When Pearl Harbor was bombed, all my uncles joined up with some service to help our America to take on the enemies. I realized, my little blue bike would be useless and looked around for a new French Racing Bike. I gave that up when the curfew cancelled our area of the beach including all who lived from the beach to 23rd Street. That ended my desire to kill our enemies. My grandfather signed us all up to tend to Wadsworth Army Hospital. I had a nice handwriting style and would play secretary whenever our school was out.

I have enormous respect for Robert Bates and his ambitions to use his talents and brains for his dream job. I wanted to write to him with sympathy when he failed his job resulting in the death of a man. I have realized that I have always been too old or ill-equipped but was able to join up in the Red Cross and trained to assist with all levels of our armed policemen. I have a way with big animals and have assisted in the capture of the Castle Zebras as well as the cattle horses who are kept on the range ranch around the Hearst Castle.

This last period of time, will have taught Mr. Bates that he is no longer a use to his location and his heart will never heal with this realization. In my world he did a wonderful action and it paid him back with wonderful accolades that he kept as proof that he was still a vibrant and active American man.

AKA Sandy Price
L
veteran
veteran
L
Hello, Sandune.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Hello! What came to my mind when I read about Robert Bates was my last attempt at interviewing for an Administrative Assistant or a Mazda Car Dealer. He telephoned me for an interview and asked my age. I let the question go knowing it was against the law. Another manager called me later and wanted to meet the next day. It seemed odd as I was not unknown to San Luis Obispo. I did a radio show for the promotion of our Morro Bay String Assemble and I remember talking with someone from Mazda.I was told that the manager might have wanted a younger girl to meet the people who were wanting a car.

I called the next day and asked if the first manager would meet with me and he said yes. My daughter and I walked into the dealership and I bought a brand new Mazda. I popped into the first manager's office and introduced myself with a check with the full amount and thanked him for his honesty. I will always appreciate honestly when I'm buying a house or a car. I watched as the college coeds were waiting for an interview and I laughed driving home. Why would anyone want someone of my age? I had just gotten home from taking 40 English Majors from U. of Santa Barbara on a six week travels of Shakespeare in England. I had formed my own string group to perform the good music all over the County. My background was not serious enough for Mazda.

I mention this Logtroll as it was my own heart break of being inadequate for a Company. I never again applied for work and spent the rest of my time with Red Cross and raising funds for spay and neutering of little animals.

AKA Sandy Price
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Sandy, I think you have the wrong Robert Bates in mind.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
But anyway, Tulsa has more than just one fake cop problem:

I wonder if Warren Crittenden wore his wrasslin belt when he wuz pullin folks over.

"Is that a REAL poncho or a SEARS poncho?"

"Are you a real cop or a wrasslin cop?"
"Yassir, I AM The Real Deal, but sometimes I'm Super Invader, cept when I'm part timin as a mall cop, but today I'm ALL COP!"

Wrestler Turned Tulsa Deputy Charged With Murder
[Linked Image from cdn.thedailybeast.com]
Boy howdy, check out those man-boobs! ROTFMOL

“He wanted to help younger wrestlers and do more for his community and thought it was his calling to bring them to Jesus,” Demos said.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Oklahoma = Man Boobs

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Hello Sandy!!!!!!! So glad to see you!!!!!

CHB-OG
CHB-OG

It's incredible that a Service Officer even has a gun - or a taser.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard