WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
So, the member of Congress who discusses matters of import less than the President has decided that Donald Trump is a loser? The woman who uses victimology to her advantage better than any other member of that austere body of Congress known as the Senate. In her terms, it is a better place to be an Native American than Harvard, and less work. Now I understand that Liz isn’t the sharpest tomahawk in the tepee, but even somebody as challenged as she must understand the meaning of loser. As a matter of fact, if not for the fact she leveraged lying on a resume and being female into becoming a Harvard “Professor” (in her case I am pretty sure she was a Harvard reader, since being a professor means that she would have to have an original thought), she would telling stories around the campfire to her grandchildren, she would still be lying about her resume.

Now, you may not like the Donald’s politics, even if they do meander left and right upon occasion so there must be some part that everybody likes. You can even belittle his intellect, but in no way can the “loser” title be bestowed upon him. He won the sperm lottery, got given some real estate and $25,000,000 and was told to find his own way, which he did with uncommon success. He has parlayed his celebrity and hair into billions, is well liked outside of politics and tells the truth more often than Congress, who wouldn’t know the truth if it bit it in the ass.

This is the problem with politics, it is the ultimate Peter Principle occupation. If you can tell a big enough lie, and make people believe it, you can be put into office. Once in office, all you have to do is breath and you should be ok, unless like Scott Brown you decide that being PC is more important than winning reelection. You remember Scott, he was beating Liz mercilessly until that fateful night when he scolded his supporters about doing the tomahawk chop outside of a debate. His poll numbers went down and then he decided to double down and complain that some of his supporters should show more respect for Liz. As I said, the loser’s seat.

But anyway, Liz Warren may be dumb, and may be obtuse, and may be clueless (I can keep going), but coming from Harvard she must know how to use a dictionary. Loser does not apply in this case, but then again, Liz said it so the source must be considered.

Tim

Last edited by Ma_Republican; 03/22/16 05:58 PM.

A proud member of the Vast Right-wing Conspiracy, Massachusetts Chapter

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Nothing you write will diminish Lizzy in our collective progressive minds. Nice try. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Ma_Republican
...Now, you may not like the Donald’s politics, even if they do meander left and right upon occasion so there must be some part that everybody likes. You can even belittle his intellect, but in no way can the “loser” title be bestowed upon him. He won the sperm lottery, got given some real estate and $25,000,000 and was told to find his own way, which he did with uncommon success. ...
"Winning", in Conservative parlance, is only a function of getting more money. My test of judging another's success is if I would like to trade places with them. Trump? No firkin' way... I consider him to be a loser in the game of life.

BTW, Trump's "uncommon success" at getting more money has been shown to be less than the "success" he would have had by putting all of Daddy's dough into an index fund.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Nothing you write will diminish Lizzy in our collective progressive minds. Nice try. smile

That's OK, nothing could diminish her in my mind either.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson
L
veteran
veteran
L
All the mind diminishment that is possible has already occurred?

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by logtroll
"Winning", in Conservative parlance, is only a function of getting more money. My test of judging another's success is if I would like to trade places with them. Trump? No firkin' way... I consider him to be a loser in the game of life.

BTW, Trump's "uncommon success" at getting more money has been shown to be less than the "success" he would have had by putting all of Daddy's dough into an index fund.

Actually, his life looks pretty good. He was happy, rich, married well and had a very good reputation in business. The fact that he could have made more an index fund may be true, but think about all of the people who worked on his dime over the years. I understand that lying on ones resume and taking a job away from somebody who didn't lie on their resume qualifies you for the Senate on the Dem side, with the only higher calling being welfare fraud, but couldn't you have found a smarter lay about than Liz? Let's be honest, have you ever seen her talk about anything of substance and make sense? Blah, blah, blah, college tuition, blah, blah, redistribution of wealth, blah blah. I could agree with her on the Donald, except she is just so wrong. She had so many other avenues to criticize him, and she chose the incorrect one.

But she is Liz Warren, why would I expect anything else?

Tim

Thomas Jefferson
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
All the mind diminishment that is possible has already occurred?

My opinion of her could get no lower, so it could not be any more diminished.

Thomas Jefferson
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
My test of judging another's success is if I would like to trade places with them. Trump? No firkin' way... I consider him to be a loser in the game of life.

Truth be told, once you've accumulated a certain amount of dough, you get to have pretty much the same experiences a Trump gets to have, the jet setting, your choice of exotic girls, sumptuous accomodations, fast cars, fancy meals, and that feeling that the world is yours.
The fact is, above that, you're only arguing about minor details, like "THEIR fancy imported Italian sports car is newer and cost a million dollars more"...crap like that.
Truth be told, it does not take all that much money to live the way Trump lives, and most people would rather do it without being under the microscope that Trump lives under.

And in the past I made that kind of money once, and got to enjoy some of those pleasures. I was young and stupid and squandered pretty much all of it away, but I did have that moment.
And I bet I had a WAY better time living it than The Donald ever has.
Yeah, youth IS wasted on the young, I'm here to state my regrets.
I would have stashed some of that loot for the future had I stopped long enough to ponder the future, that is.
But I do have some fun memories.

Does that make me a loser? I'm comfortable and married to my soul mate, I have aches and pains but I'm not dying, and I think I have most of my marbles. I am annoyed at being phased out of a career due to Hollywood age-ism but I think I figured out how to reinvent in a slightly different category within the same business.

Nope, not feeling like a loser and not looking like one either.
Feeling like the luckiest man on Earth to be frank.
Can Donald Trump trust anyone?
I don't think so.

And the same fates which might befall me someday might also hit him, and I doubt he's equipped mentally to handle the kind of challenges which will lay him low.

So, who's really the loser?

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Anyone who lauds Trump is, by definition, a "loser." He's a gutter politician, a gutter businessman, and a sorry excuse for a human being. I am flabbergasted, sometimes, Ma_R that you no longer engage in relevant discussion. There was a time when being a Republican meant having common sense. That CLEARLY is no longer the case. When was the last time you posted something that wasn't just knee-jerk recitation of the party line?

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Anyone who lauds Trump is, by definition, a "loser." He's a gutter politician, a gutter businessman, and a sorry excuse for a human being. I am flabbergasted, sometimes, Ma_R that you no longer engage in relevant discussion. There was a time when being a Republican meant having common sense. That CLEARLY is no longer the case. When was the last time you posted something that wasn't just knee-jerk recitation of the party line?

Come on, we are talking about Liz Warren. Her ONLY accomplishment is that she lied on her resume.

I am not a Donald supporter, I am however an anti-Hillary voter. I have said this before and I will repeat, there is only one person in this election that will do anything different than what has been done in the last 30 years. That is not a pro-Trump position, it is simple fact. My decision is who will do more damage, the status quo or the Donald?

I cannot support Hillary. She lied about Benghazi and allowed a person to be thrown in jail for months to cover her lies. She lied to the families of the people she allowed to be killed in Benghazi, lied to their faces. She signed the paper work to get a security clearance and failed in her responsibility to protect State secrets. She cannot be trusted.

But more importantly, she is an open border Dem. I cannot support anybody who will watch as our country gets invaded.

I can go home and pick a fight with my wife and have more fun than getting beat upon by liberals here at CHB. All of the conservative voices have left. I can kick the bees nest, get a laugh and blow off some steam. Sometimes it is important to see the other side and assess their positions. Unfortunately, the positions here are are homogeneous.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard