WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yea, Joe Biden stutters and makes gaffes, but morally speaking, he is the real deal, and his heart is in the right place. I just finished reading an article written by Rabbi Michael Beals that tells me everything I need to know about Biden. Years ago, an elderly and very poor Jewish woman in Delaware died. Per tradition, a ceremony was held in the laundry room of the apartment building in which she lived in which Jewish elders recited the Kaddish. In the middle of the ceremony, in walked Joe Biden with head down, and he proceeded to sit in the back of the room. After the ceremony was over, Biden then went to leave. The Rabbi caught up with him and said "What are you doing here?". Biden replied that this poor woman had sent his campaign $18.00 the very first time he ran for office, and he was there to show his respect. In Judaism, 18 is a very magic number. It represents "chai", the 18th letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and means good luck. In all Jewish fundraisers, 18 dollars is what is asked for by those raising the funds. I personally did some fundraising years ago for the Jewish National Fund for trees for Israel. What is astounding here is that this woman was never contacted by any fundraiser. She did this on her own. For Biden to show his appreciation for such a small amount from such a poor woman shows what he is made of. I have never voted for a Democrat for President in my entire life. I will make an exception this time. My vote will be for Biden. His empathy for the poor and neglected is what sealed the deal for me. I disagree with Democrats on many things, but the way I see it, I can always squabble with them later. Biden will have my vote.

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Originally Posted by danarhea
Yea, Joe Biden stutters and makes gaffes, but morally speaking, he is the real deal, and his heart is in the right place. I just finished reading an article written by Rabbi Michael Beals that tells me everything I need to know about Biden. Years ago, an elderly and very poor Jewish woman in Delaware died. Per tradition, a ceremony was held in the laundry room of the apartment building in which she lived in which Jewish elders recited the Kaddish. In the middle of the ceremony, in walked Joe Biden with head down, and he proceeded to sit in the back of the room. After the ceremony was over, Biden then went to leave. The Rabbi caught up with him and said "What are you doing here?". Biden replied that this poor woman had sent his campaign $18.00 the very first time he ran for office, and he was there to show his respect. In Judaism, 18 is a very magic number. It represents "chai", the 18th letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and means good luck. In all Jewish fundraisers, 18 dollars is what is asked for by those raising the funds. I personally did some fundraising years ago for the Jewish National Fund for trees for Israel. What is astounding here is that this woman was never contacted by any fundraiser. She did this on her own. For Biden to show his appreciation for such a small amount from such a poor woman shows what he is made of. I have never voted for a Democrat for President in my entire life. I will make an exception this time. My vote will be for Biden. His empathy for the poor and neglected is what sealed the deal for me. I disagree with Democrats on many things, but the way I see it, I can always squabble with them later. Biden will have my vote.

Biden will get my vote also. For different reasons of course. I look to him to bring some sanity back to the country. Be a reliable, steady leader. That's all I expect and if he provide that and only that, I'm will be a happy camper.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It all depends on how we deal with Congress.
If we hand Biden the Congress we have right now, no chance of anything getting better, or fixed.

I am among the first to say that we need left/liberals AND right/conservatives working together, even if they fight like cats and dogs. We on the left are far from perfect, so we need conservatives for the same reason they need us...keeping the other side honest.

But the conservatives are largely GONE from the GOP now. In their place we have Trump loyalists. That's not conservatism, it's just cult loyalty no matter what.
There was a huge hubbub and outcry all over Europe yesterday when the Hungarian Parliament handed Viktor Orban sole control of the entire country.
There's been some outcry over here from persons, myself included, about the possibility that our own despot might seize similar power any minute.

I just realized that I don't know why I was so freaked out, because that pretty much already happened years ago. With Mitch McConnell acting as absolute gatekeeper with the cooperation of the entire GOP, Democrats are entirely irrelevant, because they have no voice outside the House, and the entire Senate GOP is marching in lockstep behind McConnell.
Thus, the logjam is total and Trump is already free to do pretty much whatever he wants, and he pretty much has.

November 4th, America will wake up to learn their fate.
If the Trump-GOP has a majority in either chamber, our fate is sealed, probably forever, no matter who is in the White House.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
When Reid was Senate Majority Leader he also made anything coming from the GOP house irrelevant. He tabled most legislation passed by them. McConnell and Reid are two peas in a pod. Only different letters behind their names.

If you're talking about traditional conservatives, yes they aren't hardly any left anymore. Dead or dying replaced by neo and religious conservatives and Trumpers.

The last two good senate leaders were Lott and Daschle, Mitchell and Dole, even Byrd and Baker. They respected each other and each realized their opposites weren't an enemy of the state. They would work together, compromise, play the game of give and take.

I feel sad for those who have grown up in this era of polarization, ultra high partisanship and the great divide. But until we get leaders from both parties willing to work with each other, this era will continue on forever. I have little hope of things reverting back to the previous era when compromise and respect weren't four letter words.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by perotista
When Reid was Senate Majority Leader he also made anything coming from the GOP house irrelevant. He tabled most legislation passed by them. McConnell and Reid are two peas in a pod. Only different letters behind their names.

If you're talking about traditional conservatives, yes they aren't hardly any left anymore. Dead or dying replaced by neo and religious conservatives and Trumpers.

The last two good senate leaders were Lott and Daschle, Mitchell and Dole, even Byrd and Baker. They respected each other and each realized their opposites weren't an enemy of the state. They would work together, compromise, play the game of give and take.

I feel sad for those who have grown up in this era of polarization, ultra high partisanship and the great divide. But until we get leaders from both parties willing to work with each other, this era will continue on forever. I have little hope of things reverting back to the previous era when compromise and respect weren't four letter words.

I agree. I am a diehard Blue-Dog Democrat, socially tolerant, fiscally conservative. Not against taxes, just give me a reasonable return on my investment- decent roads, defense, etc. The reason we're called Blue-dogs is because we get beat up by the left and the right.

What if the Hokey-Pokey REALLY IS what it's all about?
God Hates Me
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So the farthest right among us are all in favor of Biden. That tells you something....Biden is pretty far to the right. But we all knew this. Will he restore "sanity" to America? I suspect not. He will, if he should win, restore the illusion of sanity for a while. Then the Republican attack dogs will shred him like a fresh killed rabbit.
If Biden should run again in 2024 he will go down in defeat. His VP, if she should happen to run in his stead will also lose.

Republicans will regain the White House and immediately return to the power grabbing unitary executive stance that the president is above the law.

This doesn't seem to bother anyone but me.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
journeyman
journeyman
Sorry man, but anything beats the Cheeto. (my opinion only). I like Biden. Consider everything he's been through. Does that entitle him to become POTUS? NO! Does it make him more qualified than a child that doesn't understand the "sandbox rules"- don't lie, don't cheat and don't steal? Yes!
I really don't see Biden running for re-election if he wins. I am voting for him to get us headed back towards abiding by the rule of law. Of course, he cannot run on being a one termer, but I believe he understands his limits. Trump is president because many could not pull the lever for Secretary Clinton- get that, but to defend the current POTUS is absolutely a breakdown of democracy.

God Hates Me
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Livetoride
Originally Posted by perotista

I agree. I am a diehard Blue-Dog Democrat, socially tolerant, fiscally conservative. Not against taxes, just give me a reasonable return on my investment- decent roads, defense, etc. The reason we're called Blue-dogs is because we get beat up by the left and the right.

For the most part so am I. But I never claimed a political party outside of a few years being a member of the Reform Party before it was hijacked by Pat Buchanan in 2000. I can remember the yellow dog Democrats, those who would vote for an old yeller dog before they would a Republican.

Usually when I vote I choose candidates from both parties and sometimes third parties. I've always gone by what I think or like about the candidates with no thought to political party.

Those who go by party only I always figured the odds say they're voting for the best candidate half the time and for the worst candidate the other half. My first vote was in 1968 when one had to be 21 to vote. I think since then there has been only twice I can remember voting straight party line, although there might have been more. They were in the midterm elections. Never in a presidential year have I voted straight party line.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Sorry man, but anything beats the Cheeto.

I'm not about to argue that point, he should never have been elected, should have been impeached, if god gave a rat's ass about his creation, Trump would never have been born.

Kindly old Uncle Joe will be a good president. Don't get me wrong about that. He is a good man, a kind man, a sensible man, he has a lifetime of experience, the wisdom and the knowledge to be exactly the man America needs at this time.

Republicans will eat him alive.

Are you aware of how much respect they have for goodness? Kindness? Knowledge and experience? Not a thimbleful.

You remember General John Kelly? He was Trump's handler for a while. You know what he said about Sen. Elizabeth Warren?

“What an impolite arrogant woman. She immediately began insulting our people accusing them of not following the court order, insulting and abusive behavior towards those covered by the pause, blah blah blah.”

He thinks she's the meanest woman alive. She is dedicated to making the economy work for everyone. The far right, the far left, the huge nutty chewy center, people of all races and creeds, the rich and poor alike. Republicans and Democrats alike.

I could get behind a candidate like that. I want someone who
WILL. NOT. BACK. DOWN.

Remember how Obama used to get in people's faces and get sh*t done?
Remember how he stood up and fought for Americans, how the citizens got behind him and demanded that congress deliver what the voters needed and wanted?

Me neither. It never happened.

Trump gets in people's faces and gets sh*t done. He stood up and fought for the Americans who elected him, they came to his rallies, told him to stop immigration and he did it. They told him to cut taxes and he did it. they wanted to get rid of liberal judges and he did it. They wanted a leader who would get sh*t done and they got one. You f*ck with him and he will f*ck with you right back.

He told them he would fix insurance! Turned out it was too hard and he told them so. They understood, they've all tried to fix stuff and found out it was too hard too. But he tried, and that's all they can ask.

Biden...yeah, he aint like that. I saw potential in every single candidate except Obama's old sidekick that Obama refused to endorse.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
journeyman
journeyman
Not going to argue my friend, but are you calling the Affordable Health Care Act nothing? Remember what Biden said over the live mic? Big F'ing deal thing? Obama couldn't do anything because Mitch said, in 08 I believe, that his main job was to make sure Obama was a one termer and whatever he's for, we'll be against and vise versa? That's why Obama enacted so many executive orders, he didn't have a chance with Mitch. I'll catch hell for this here but much of the Obama interference had to do with skin color- at least in my backwards part of the world. For almost 4 years the Cheeto has busied himself with retracting most of Obama's exec orders and or accomplishments to the delight of the 35% base. I'll vote for a GD chimpanzee before I would even consider the tanning bed dude. IMHO, we'd be much better off without a president- and don't give me that Pence option either. He is so wooden, he makes Gore look like John Travolta.
Okay, I'm done, gonna get a glass of wine and a good cigar and chill!

God Hates Me
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 

Link Copied to Clipboard