WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 13 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,127,557 my own book page
5,021,635 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,591 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,165 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
jgw Online Content OP
old hand
OP Online Content
old hand
J
I get a mass of emails from the Democratic party as well as any number of Democratic candidates. They all want one single thing - my money. Its relentless.

Now, I live in Washington state so we really don't get too many political ads. There are some from Trump (they are, for the most part very good) and also we get ads from the Lincoln Project (a group of disgusted ex-Republicans). Their ads are much better than the Trump ads. The news itself reports with regularity how good various of Democratic candidates are scoring bigtime with donations.

Anyway, my question is pretty simple. What is the Democratic party doing? They are not posting any Biden Ads as far as I can tell, perhaps that will happen after they have a convention? I have no idea. As far as I can tell they are either not putting up ads or are skipping Washington because its a known quantity. If that is what is happening then what we might have is another Democratic party ignoring a state that always tends towards Democrats. They also did that one for Hillary and we all know how that worked out.

Here is a list of donors from opensecrets.org:
https://www.opensecrets.org/overview/topindivs.php

As an aside, does anybody know if Bloombergs operation has been taken over by the Dems? Does Bloomberg still have it? Hmmm?

Anyway, my question remains. What are the Democrats doing? As far as I can tell the candidates are, pretty much, on their own. What are they doing?

Oh, I, incidentally, choose to support the Lincoln project as there is evidence they ARE doing something!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Trump has climbed the tree and put the noose around his own neck so far, with no help from Democrats. He's doing a great job campaigning against Donald Trump. All Biden has to do at this point is say he'll be everybody's President, and not just lead some fanatic extremists. Oh, and not be a crook.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by jgw
Anyway, my question remains. What are the Democrats doing? As far as I can tell the candidates are, pretty much, on their own. What are they doing?

If they're smart, they're doing nothing at all.

What can we do to help you stop screaming?
J
jgw Online Content OP
old hand
OP Online Content
old hand
J
You may be right! <G> (agree on your Trump thing. Its absolutely amazing! (still, I really like the vids from the Lincoln project)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Some are saying that the Lincoln Project is doing nothing but trolling Trump and as such are not helping Democrats. We've been trolling Trump for years with no positive effect.

Joe's hat with the stars and stripes aviators is awesome!

Joe's also jumping on the "Buy American" platform ahead of Trump who is basically sitting on his hands.

I dunno what the Democrats are doing but Joe's putting together a pretty effective campaign.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
J
jgw Online Content OP
old hand
OP Online Content
old hand
J
ANYTHING that denigrates Trump helps the Democrats. Anybody who doesn't believe that have a serious problem.

Joe is making a lot of promises. I would have preferred that he talk a bit about what he is going to do to fix our government. He is, for instance, going to have to roll back hundreds of presidential fiats by Trump. Hell, there are actually over a hundred for the environment alone! Hopefully he will not to the fiat way and legislate them all instead. The house has, literally, hundreds of pieces of legislation sitting in the Senate right now. I don't know if that legislation remains after the election in November but, if they don't I would expect the house to re-pass them as soon as they reassemble after the election.

In other words there is a LOT that is going to need doing right off the bat. They should also setup a job corps and go after our infrastructure which has continued to rot through the Obama administration and the Trump administration (Obama wanted to but the Republicans stopped him and Trump said he would but I am not even sure he understands the term 'infrastructure')

I have seen some of the Biden ads. I am happy they are putting them up but they are not, exactly, inspiring. On the other hand Trump is so busy screwing everything up, lying, etc. that I am not sure that Biden really needs to do all that much.

Oh, does anybody know if there is going to be a presidential debate or not? I would be amazed if Trump would do that as Biden would call him, hopefully, on every lie. It would not be good for Trump.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
ANYTHING that denigrates Trump helps the Democrats. Anybody who doesn't believe that have a serious problem.
Then I guess I have a serious problem. Screeching and whining about Trump serves no purpose to anyone and just makes Republicans dig their heels in deeper.

Joe is making a lot of promises. I would have preferred that he talk a bit about what he is going to do to fix our government.

Joe's talking a lot about "Building Back Better". Those promises you don't like hearing are actually his plans to fix the government. He has something clever and devastating to say about Donald Trump almost daily. He's pushing all the right buttons and saying all the right things as near as I can tell.

He's gonna win easily.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Regarding debates, I can take 'em or leave 'em. I don't know whether Joe is a good debater or not. But I know that Trump is a word salad bloviator who cannot debate but can only bully and argue.

I'd like to see some thoughtful interviews of both candidates though.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The only presidential debates I watched were the ones in 1992, I watched none since then and none before then. Being a good debater isn't on my list as what makes a good president.

Now I'm with some thoughtful interviews. But even then, they wouldn't change my mind as to who I'm going to vote for. I pretty much know who I'll vote for prior to the start of the primaries, now I might have to reassess if my candidate doesn't get the nomination, but that's part of the game.

Example, 2016 I started out supporting Jim Webb, when he failed to campaign I switched to John Kasich. When he lost to Trump, then it was on to Gary Johnson as there was no way I'd ever vote for either Trump nor Hillary Clinton. Actually, my vote for Johnson was in reality a vote against both major party candidates, not necessarily for Johnson. Any third name on the ballot would have done nicely.

About a year or so ago there was an article that stated most third party voters in 2016 wouldn't, even knowing what they do today wouldn't change their vote. That some 9 million voters. Such was the disgust for both major party candidates.

But that history, now on to bigger and better things. Bringing sanity back to the presidency, a return to normalcy.

ADULT 2020

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
J
jgw Online Content OP
old hand
OP Online Content
old hand
J
Biden explained his plans months ago and it made sense. Since then he has been giving politics a whirl. I tend to believe what he said before which was, basically, that he planned to search and and hire experts in a variety of fields to solve specific problems. This makes a lot of sense to me. Anybody who claims they are going to fix everything themselves are just running their mouths and little else.

"Screeching and whining" If you are referencing the ads put out by the Lincoln project then I take umbrage. I consider most of them to be exactly the opposite and quite good and, for the true believer, educational as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard