WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jeffro Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I just watched "8: The Mormon Proposition.

I came here wanting to add to my previous thread but for some reason I could not add to that thread (I'm sure it's my fault) However, I couldn't do it. I am angry. I am pissed. I just watched "8: The Mormon Proposition" - it is really all I need. I knew that the Mormons presided over the hateful proposition, however, I didn't know how fully they had done so.

It doesn't matter, ultimately. I have given up trying to think that most people support me. I have given up trying to convince those who don't. I really don't care anymore.

If you think for one second that denying gays the right to marry will change anything - you are absurdly wrong. If you think I care for one second - even half a second,care what you think. You are wrong. Think that your opinion means anything to me - you are wrong. I AM an EQUAL citizen of these United States - and I have, frankly, stopped caring about your OPINION

This is not directed to anyone here - but I have been driven, to not care anymore - accuse ME of intolerance - I welcome that debate. I am not focusing on anyone here on RR - I'm just pissed and I don't know what to do with it. I've already responded to one person over on Amazon - another = clearly white heterosexual male - who feels some justification for his clear hatred of gay people. In all honesty, I don't care what people think.

That is not Persecution, this is not hatred. I just don't care. If I am legally permitted to get married to some man I may love - or not - I want people to say "who gives a s***" like they do now with straight marriages.

It's not complicated. AND I'm not interested in other opinions anymore. You want some god to tell you what is right? I don't respect your opinion - what do YOU think?

Do not drag me into your struggle, I am gay. That is your starting point.

Love (sincerely)

Jeff

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
You go grrrl - preach on sista! Bow

...for all the conservative-religious out there: Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged

m'kay? NO H8

[Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Jeffro, let's ponder, for a moment, the Mormons.
Founded by a nutcase of the first order.
Golden Tablets? Left by some "earlier" North American civilization and given to him by an Angel?
Special underwear? What's up with that? They want to be wearing briefs when they meet their maker? Like, God hasn't seen us naked? Bigamy is okay? Not just bigamy but polygamy, older fellows marrying underage girls is perfectly okay among the more extreme branches of this "religion". That's child abuse in my book and pedophilia as well.

And for one reason or other they feel they have some right tell you who you can marry?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Jeffro Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Mark, I know, I'm so completely inundated right now that it's even hard to be humorous about the magic underwear. I'm tired. That's really what it comes down to. I'm tired of what some god or another will do to me. I'm tired of trying to think that the opposition will have something in their pocket besides some bizarre faithful belief. I'm just tired. And getting older by the minute. Sure... it takes time... whatever... I feel like I'm going to hate in that time frame because I'm not 26 and to pretend I'm 26 advances nothing. I don't have time for then dicking around for some ultimate conclusion - as I said, I don't care what people think anymore.

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau
veteran
veteran
Jeff, we CANNOT let these closed religious sects (cults) rule our world....yours and mine.
I am with you, Jeff. I believe most people are. I truly do.
Those groups are evil.

You are not too old.

I don't exactly know what to say to you other than....please don't give up.
This sh*t breaks my heart.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
veteran
veteran
Jeffro, I understand your anger (as best I can as a straight woman, anyway.)

The only gift I can give you is this: I absolutely don't give a s*** whether you get married or not. I never have.

And I say that with love for you, my brother in a parallel universe.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
it's even hard to be humorous about the magic underwear.
So who's being humorous Jeff? I'm dead serious; these people are
crazy at best, dangerous when they begin to effect government policy. They are this way by choice, they choose to follow a religion based on a hoax. There is something very comforting about homosexuality, it is as normal and natural as the sun rising in the east, and never, I think, in the history of Man, has it come so close to legal and societal acceptance as it has today. Your anger is justified but you will have to be patient just a little bit longer.
I don't care what people think anymore.
That would be a step in the right direction but your anger betrays you. If you didn't care you wouldn't be angry. Try to find some comfort that so many of us believe as you do, that equality is equality, whether you be man or woman, black or white, republican or democrat, christian or jew.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
...for what it's worth Jeffro, real religious conservatives don't believe that Mormonism is a religion - that's why Romney will never, ever be President.

I hope that makes you feel better. smile

(ps. that beautiful woman with the NO H8 on her face is Cindy McCain - yes, that McCain wink )

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by california rick
...for what it's worth Jeffro, real religious conservatives don't believe that Mormonism is a religion - that's why Romney will never, ever be President.

(ps. that beautiful woman with the NO H8 on her face is Cindy McCain - yes, that McCain wink )

Of course not long ago they also thought of Jews as Christ Killers

"It's not a lie if you believe it." -- George Costanza
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves. --Bertrand Russel
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by Ardy
Originally Posted by california rick

Of course not long ago they also thought of Jews as Christ Killers

Mel Gibson still does!

You, you and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard