WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by jgw - 06/11/24 08:38 PM
Time to Impeach Thomas
by jgw - 06/11/24 05:56 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by perotista - 06/10/24 11:53 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/10/24 06:17 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 06/06/24 05:31 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:20 AM
Watching the Supreme Court
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:15 AM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 22 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,175,074 my own book page
5,024,657 We shall overcome
4,205,879 Campaign 2016
3,801,374 Trump's Trumpet
3,021,002 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,300
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 9
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,095
Posts313,909
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
numan Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
'

Violence at a Canadian University? [Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]
Maybe in Alberta! grin

Ann Coulter’s speech in Ottawa cancelled

Right-wing antagonist Ann Coulter cancelled a University of Ottawa address last night after organizers decided it wasn’t safe to speak.

The move followed boisterous demonstrations outside that sponsors of the appearance feared could turn violent.

“There was a risk there could be physical violence,” said Canadian conservative activist Ezra Levant, who was scheduled to introduce Ms. Coulter. Ms. Coulter has made a career of outrageous statements, including her post-9-11 call for Islamic countries to be invaded, their leaders killed and all Muslims converted to Christianity. In 2007, she said “if we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president.” In an April, 2008 column she described Barack Obama’s book Dreams From My Father as a “Dimestore Mein Kampf."

Please note that it was the organizers and the sponsors of the event that cancelled it! Sure as shooting, the right-wingers will be lying about that, and blaming the protesters!

More grandstanding for publicity!

Coulter's Ottawa speech cancelled

But the regular Fox News commentator drew outrage from some, including a 17-year-old Muslim student who asked her a question about her views on Muslims.

Coulter has said all terrorists are Muslims and has suggested all Muslims be barred from airlines and use flying carpets.

When the student said she didn't have a flying carpet, Coulter told her to "take a camel."

Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Originally Posted by numan
'

Violence at a Canadian University? [Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]
Maybe in Alberta! grin

Ann Coulter’s speech in Ottawa cancelled

Right-wing antagonist Ann Coulter cancelled a University of Ottawa address last night after organizers decided it wasn’t safe to speak.

The move followed boisterous demonstrations outside that sponsors of the appearance feared could turn violent.

“There was a risk there could be physical violence,” said Canadian conservative activist Ezra Levant, who was scheduled to introduce Ms. Coulter. Ms. Coulter has made a career of outrageous statements, including her post-9-11 call for Islamic countries to be invaded, their leaders killed and all Muslims converted to Christianity. In 2007, she said “if we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president.” In an April, 2008 column she described Barack Obama’s book Dreams From My Father as a “Dimestore Mein Kampf."

Please note that it was the organizers and the sponsors of the event that cancelled it! Sure as shooting, the right-wingers will be lying about that, and blaming the protesters!

More grandstanding for publicity!

Coulter's Ottawa speech cancelled

But the regular Fox News commentator drew outrage from some, including a 17-year-old Muslim student who asked her a question about her views on Muslims.

Coulter has said all terrorists are Muslims and has suggested all Muslims be barred from airlines and use flying carpets.

When the student said she didn't have a flying carpet, Coulter told her to "take a camel."

More evidence that Man Coulter has no couth-she is, along with Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh, the penultimate of Ugly Americans. rolleyes

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

numan Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
'

Even Canadians Can't Tolerate Ann Coulter

True to form, after the cancellation, Coulter insulted her hosts—most of whom had not protested her appearance....

...That this is Coulter’s eternal shtick—cruel, offensive, bullying, but kidding, just kidding!-—generated little sympathy or understanding from our friendly neighbors to the north....

From the public reactions I’ve read so far it’s clear that many Canadians—I would wager the vast majority of Canadians, in fact—simply didn’t like the fact that an invited guest had come to their country, mocked their rules about civility, and then applied her own low standards to public discourse. The message from the Great White North thus couldn’t be much clearer: Don’t go away mad, Ann, just go away.

numan Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
'

Maclean's is a weekly journal in Canada -- roughly equivalent to Time magazine in the USA.

Coulter: the she-devil in her own words

The police, Coulter says, “had been warning my bodyguard all day that they [the protesters] were putting up [messages] on Facebook: ‘Bring rocks, bring sticks, you gotta hurt Ann Coulter tonight, don’t let her speak.’ And the cops eventually said, we’ve got a bad feeling, this isn’t gonna happen. And they shut it down.”

Commentary

“In this case they(the students calling for violence) are certainly not any better than the accused and as far as I am concerned should be removed from university and campus for inciting violence.”

Unfortunately for you, Ann, and Ezra, no one has been able to confirm any of these claims. The police dispute Ann and Ezra’s account of events. The University has made an official statement disputing their version of events. Reports from reporters on the scene dispute their version of events. Finally, newly interested investigative reporters are finding nothing to support their claims. In fact, they’re beginning to find factual evidence that shows Ann and Ezra to be the travelling hate propaganda profiteers they truly are.

Last edited by numan; 03/24/10 11:46 PM.
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
On Man Coulter and Ezra canceling their tour...I'm wondering if it was canceled due to a lack of attendance on the part of intelligent Canadians not wanting to bother listening to her crap. And that this brouhaha she's postulating is a patheric way to try and save face.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm wondering if it was canceled due to a lack of attendance
What if there was a Grand Old Party and no one came?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Section 319

(1) Every one who, by communicating statements in any public place, incites hatred against any identifiable group where such incitement is likely to lead to a breach of the peace is guilty of an indictable offence....

(2) Every one who, by communicating statements, other than in private conversation, wilfully promotes hatred against any identifiable group is guilty of an indictable offence....

(3) No person shall be convicted of an offence under subsection (2)

(a) if he establishes that the statements communicated were true;
(b) if, in good faith, he expressed or attempted to establish by argument an opinion on a religious subject;
(c) if the statements were relevant to any subject of public interest, the discussion of which was for the public benefit, and if on reasonable grounds he believed them to be true; or
(d) if, in good faith, he intended to point out, for the purpose of removal, matters producing or tending to produce feelings of hatred toward an identifiable group in Canada.

Or, putting it in peoplese, if one is indicted for committing a politicized multicultural no-no, one is guilty unless or until one can prove one's innocence.;-)
Yours happily dwelling below the 49th parallel,
Issodhos

"When all has been said that can be said, and all has been done that can be done, there will be poetry";-) -- Issodhos
numan Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
'
More from Maclean's website:

Ann Coulter Went Home

Comment by NRay on 24 March 2010:

Ann Coulter is a barbarian. The provost at the University, having learned that someone possessed of so few manners was coming for a visit, acted correctly in advising her of a few of the requirements of civilised society. He wanted to be sure that Coulter knew that her practice of some of the worst customs of her half-civilised homeland would not be permitted in a more polite society. Congratulations to the Provost on understanding how to advise a visiting lout.

Comment by C. James on 24 March 2010:

Well I’m sure MzCoulter will get a warm welcome from her kindred spirits in Alberta. Hey, maybe they’ll burn a few crosses and drag out the Nazi gear to make her feel at home. Free speech – what a concept. Seems it’s only good when it works in her favour. Vile woman.

numan Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by issodhos
Issodhos

I'm happy you are dwelling down below the 49th parallel, too! wink

(as am I, as a matter of fact!)

I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Originally Posted by issodhos
Issodhos

I'm happy you are dwelling down below the 49th parallel, too! wink
I am not sure why I knew that answer would be forth coming -- perhaps a sense of vibrating jello tipped me off.:-)
Yours,
Issodhos

"When all has been said that can be said, and all has been done that can be done, there will be poetry";-) -- Issodhos
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard