WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
old hand
old hand
K
All I know is the memory of that day on the beach long ago with that brown skinned girl I so fondly remember. Mine was indeed raisin in the sun, and into the night too.

Ahhh the sweeet memories of my youth.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ken Hill
All I know is the memory of that day on the beach long ago with that brown skinned girl I so fondly remember. Mine was indeed raisin in the sun, and into the night too.

Ahhh the sweeet memories of my youth.
laugh

Originally Posted by Mellowicious
Affirmations That Work:

You go girl!
LOL, she reminds me a little bit of Sadie.
Her spirit anyway.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
enthusiast
enthusiast
hmmm a raisin in the son. I used that term just today to describe someone I know.

For the last month or two I've been going to a church that rounds up and feeds the homeless. It is truly an amazing experience. As the people wander in walking, riding their bikes, or from being picked up by some of us volunteers, there is hot coffee and sometimes something sweet. We then serve a hot meal which they take to their chairs and eat. Then my friend Cherie Birney has a church service. After the service, they are sent on their way with a bag lunch.

I do this for myself; not that I'm some sort of goody two shoes. I help serve the food, bag the lunches, and wash the dishes. I can say I've been to Church without "going to church." idea

There is a man named Walter who lives in his car. I've seen it. I went to pick him up. It is a van with four flat tires and a tarp over the windows that may/may not be broken. It sits in tall grass behind some warehouse type buildings. I understand that the man who owns the warehouses let's Walter and Jeff (who also lives in his car) run an electric cord from the building for some electricity.

Walter looks like a shriveled up raisin. He has less than 1/2 the teeth God gave him. But here's the thing: this man can sing better than any blues/gospel singer I HAVE EVER HEARD. He will NOT allow musical instruments to accompany him. I have recorded him with my I-Phone but I don't know how to retrieve it or publish it.

Walter likes me. I like him too. This is such an amazing experience. When we pray we pray for some of our flock who are in jail for drunk and disorderly conduct. Last week, Cherie welcomed back some who had "been on vacation." She said, "Just remember what you did that took you on that vacation."

I took a very nice looking, neat woman back to the mission. She told me she was married. I asked where was her husband. (This woman is homeless but lives in the shelter.) She told me her husband was on a mission trip. I heard from one of the volunteers that yea, he was on a mission trip. Ministering to his fellow inmates. :-)

Where ever you go, there you are!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard