WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Originally Posted by california rick
Originally Posted by issodhos
...(the View is always a good one for pushing a leftist based agenda)...

[Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]

Golly Issy - who was that remark directed at?

It was directed at the red-haired clown and her dullard sidekick, Whoopie.;-)
Yours,
Issodhos

"When all has been said that can be said, and all has been done that can be done, there will be poetry";-) -- Issodhos
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
It was directed at the red-haired clown and her dullard sidekick, Whoopie.;-)

Oh no you di'int! nono

What's wrong with Joy Behar and Whoppi Goldberg? [Linked Image from i48.photobucket.com]

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Issy~The difference is that The View is a talk show, and Faux Gnus purports to be a "fair and balanced, just the facts" news source. The donation to only Republican/Tea Party candidates(or any pols at all) belies that claim. The lack of any Liberal commentators reinforces it.

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Originally Posted by Scoutgal
Issy~The difference is that The View is a talk show, and Faux Gnus purports to be a "fair and balanced, just the facts" news source. The donation to only Republican/Tea Party candidates(or any pols at all) belies that claim. The lack of any Liberal commentators reinforces it.
The posted opinion piece referred to "publications and shows". I offered a varied of such when I wrote, "Take your pick of Democratic outlets, Phil. The NYT, the Washington Post, CBS, 60 minutes, various TV talk shows from the past to the present (the View is always a good one for pushing a leftist based agenda), the Huffington Post."

You need not have restricted yourself to comparing Fox with the View. As to a paltry million dollars somehow differentiating between propagandizing for a particular party, well, that is a load of crap that would be expected from a site (TYT) that is itself propagandizing. A million dollars? Absolute chump change compared to pimping a party or an ideology as a part of an organization's culture.:-)
Yours,
Issodhos

Last edited by issodhos; 08/21/10 09:50 PM. Reason: spacing

"When all has been said that can be said, and all has been done that can be done, there will be poetry";-) -- Issodhos
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Is that like "a little bit pregnant" or just your obvious pre3judice showing up?

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
The posted opinion piece referred to "publications and shows". I offered a varied of such when I wrote, "Take your pick of Democratic outlets, Phil. The NYT, the Washington Post, CBS, 60 minutes, various TV talk shows from the past to the present (the View is always a good one for pushing a leftist based agenda), the Huffington Post."

You need not have restricted yourself to comparing Fox with the View. As to a paltry million dollars somehow differentiating between propagandizing for a particular party, well, that is a load of crap that would be expected from a site (TYT) that is itself propagandizing. A million dollars? Absolute chump change compared to pimping a party or an ideology as a part of an organization's culture.:-)
Yours,
Issodhos

The issue is that Faux News donated to a specfic political party, and none of the shows you listed did. That alone precludes any remote likeness to "fair and balanced".

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
...Fox fills [the] void with whatever propaganda they have decided will incite fear and loathing at that time. So, last summer it was death panels and Tea Parties. This summer it's the "Ground Zero Mosque."
  • Jerimah Wright
  • President Obama's birth certificate
  • Obama is a Muslim
  • ACORN stole the election for Obama
  • Sherry Sherrod is a racist
  • Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11
Fox News has certainly lead the national discourse for the past nine years. Other media organizations spend their time playing catch-up and countering Fox's propaganda. Rarely does a left-of-center media organization lead a national discussion.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
Let your imagination run wild with the power possibilities held by Top 10 Media Conglomerates

Globally, large media conglomerates include, National Amusements, Viacom, CBS Corporation, Time Warner, News Corp, Bertelsmann AG, Sony, General Electric, Vivendi SA, The Walt Disney Company, Hearst Corporation, Organizações Globo and Lagardère Group

We know that the government is now owned by corporations. It couldn't have happened without conglomerate owned and controlled media (which includes television, radio, publications, internet companies, etc.)

Use to be a time when it was believed that the press (media) was the keeper of freedom, liberty...but no more. They control what we read, view on TV, listen to on the radio, content on the net, more than likely how we vote, on and on and on...

Media should be bloody from kicking the government's ass. Not bedfellows who cuddle and contribute to their campaign funds.

THANK YOU UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT!

Turn on ANY brand of political machine - and it automatically goes to the "SPIN and LIE CYCLE" wink

Yours Truly - Gregg

Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Could you please let me know which major media outlet is "left of center"? I certainly don't know of any.

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
The issue is that Faux News donated to a specfic political party, and none of the shows you listed did. That alone precludes any remote likeness to "fair and balanced".
The monetary donation was only the pretext for the meat of the fellow's opinion, which was propagandizing for a particular ideology and party. And, might I add that a donation is not restricted to something as paltry as cash -- though that would make for a nice but false simplicity.
Yours,
Issodhos

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard