WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 40 41
#296445 11/18/16 02:38 PM
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Donald Trump's first three Cabinet picks represent a worst-case scenario for individual liberties and true fascist instincts. ("My belief is that the nation-state remains the one entity that can function, the one entity that can demand sacrifice from its constituents in the national interest." - Jeff Sessions) While on paper Flynn (NSA), Sessions (Justice), and Pompeo (CIA), are "qualified" for their nominations, they represent the rightest of the right wing and are temperamentally unfit for the positions to which they have been nominated (kinda like Trump himself). They are all known as grudge-holders and for wing-battiness in their views. Trump To Name Picks For National Security Adviser, Attorney General, CIA Director.

Sessions was denied a federal judgeship in 1986 because of his openly racist views.
The man who President-elect Donald Trump will nominate as the 84th attorney general of the United States was once rejected as a federal judge over allegations he called a black attorney “boy,” suggested a white lawyer working for black clients was a race traitor, joked that the only issue he had with the Ku Klux Klan was their drug use, and referred to civil rights groups as “un-American” organizations trying to “force civil rights down the throats of people who were trying to put problems behind them.”
Jeff Sessions Was Deemed Too Racist...’ll Now Be Trump’s Attorney General. - HuffPo. If he is confirmed (he's not respected in his own party) you can expect the Civil Rights Division to be disbanded, and its resources redirected to immigrant persecution and anti-marijuana enforcement. Those DoJ supported suits about vote manipulation? Gone.

Pompeo was the leading Clinton persecutor on the Benghazi committee, and felt that the committee report didn't go far enough, so he wrote a "supplemental" opinion, in June of this year, that was intended as a direct attack on Clinton's candidacy. A TEA party Republican, he is one of the most conservative, and least productive, members of Congress. On the Issues - Mike Pompeo

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
veteran
veteran
Gen Flynn was too nutty to be a valuable part of the intelligence community, but that is a plus in Trumpland

Sen Sessions was, and probably still is, a bigot, but in Trumpland that is a plus

Sen Pompeo is dull knife (in the Benghazi hearings I think he asked the same question 10 different ways and got the same answer each time) but in Trumpland Clinton hatred is a plus

I suspect those are Trump picks

there are rumors that Gov Haley and Gov Romney are on some lists for something.

These are Pence picks

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

old hand
old hand
So I guess if anyone had any doubt about the racism and militarism and just plain old right wing insanity of the Trump administration, their minds should rest easy. He has chosen the worst of the worst, so far.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Is there any chance a Republican Senate might reject these picks?

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Since the election, I have gone through a series of down moments, slight upswings, then further descents. This is one of the latter. Could he have made worse picks? Worst potential Trump pick of all? ... guru Jeff Sessions as attorney general. - Salon.

veteran
veteran
I suppose one could say Sen Sessions is simply saying he would grab the law by the pussy but really did not do it .... I have often wondered what part of the law he understands well enough to prosecute anyone

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Could he have made worse picks?
He certainly could have made better picks, but in a sense, the worst case scenario might be the best possible outcome for this administration. The sooner it fails the better things will turn out for everyone involved.

Republicans made it their prime directive to make President Obama's administration fail. This had nothing to do with his policies and everything to do with blind partisanship. They chose the party's interests, greed for money and power, and complete disdain for the constitutional rights of minority Americans over national interests.

This option is not and should not be on the table for Democrats. Hopefully we are better than that.
Republicans now completely control every aspect of government. They own everything that happens over the next four years and at this point they are setting themselves up to fail.

Personally I would rather see any president succeed at spurring the economy, uniting a divided nation, and making lives better for all Americans. I want every president to be remembered as one of the best.

Maybe Donald Trump will fool us all. Maybe his picks for top positions in the Whitehouse will be better than they appear on the surface. Maybe conservative fiscal policy will prove successful this time. Maybe pigs will fly.

At the moment we are staring at an impending trainwreck, unable to look away, knowing that many lives will be lost or destroyed. Knowing it is inevitable, that we shouldn't even watch because we will will be forever scarred by seeing it.
But the sooner this thing leaves the rails and is crushed by it's own momentum the better it will be for the rest of us and the sooner we can get about the business of cleaning up the wreckage, tending to the wounded, and counting the lives lost.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Let me see, how can I put this?
So white middle class workers have lost their jobs to China, Japan, South Korea, and Mexico. This is going to piss some of you off but you really piss me off also.

You voted for Reagan and the Republican party, and they gave you trickle down economics, destroyed the Labor/union movement and the college system, starting in California. They allowed corporations to take your jobs to cheap labor countries and through a complex system of tax evasion keep their money over seas and bring the products back to America, where you rushed down to Walmart to buy the products from people who needed a job after they lost good paying work. Now they have minimum wage jobs that barely put food on the table or pay the rent, even when everyone in the family is working.

So Reagan and the Republicans quadruple the debt while cutting taxes for the wealthy so they can donate more money to elect more Republicans to do more of the same. After George "Read My Lips" Bush you elect a Republicrat Clinton who makes thing a little better for a while but keeps the same trade policies that send more jobs overseas. Then you elect George "The Decider" Bush who gives you more of the same crap and spends trillions for a war that is now without end.

Their true goal? A gift for the military Industrial Complex with the same stupid strategy, that is if you are working class in this country, watch as more goes to the top and there's less for everyone else.

People having finally had enough, they elected Obama who tried to solve some of the major problems that were created over the previous 12 years with a Republican Congress. The Republicans sole strategy was to do nothing at all and bring America to their knees and oppose anything, even if it's their ideas to the front. For a brief moment Obama was able to save the Auto industry, do something about the healthcare hole that the middle class was in, and bring us out of the worst recession since the 30's.

Ah, but then you gave all the power to the Republicans and what did they do, nothing, nothing at all but disrespect the President of the United States that the American people elected overwhelmingly. Then what did you do? You elected Donald Trump, because you think he will be your champion, how stupid you are. Not only that but now the Republicans have total control of the entire government with soon getting control of the Supreme Court.

So the white once middle class acts like they are some kind of victims. You created this and deserve everything you get. As far as those people in the rest of the world who you think stole your jobs, wake up, It was people just like Donald Trump who fired you and made deals for cheap labor abroad and a Republican party who gave tax breaks for corporations to do it.

As far as those people in those other countries, they deserve to have the work and they are bringing themselves up rather than whining and voting against their own self interest. How are you going to get yourselves out of this mess? You're not.

So bring it on trolls tell me how it was all because of liberals. I don't give a damn what you say. I'm sick of hearing it and if you don't like what I say stop reading my posts and just follow Trump's posts. I really like the Japanese, South Koreans, African Americans, Mexican, here and in Mexico, and the Chinese so much better than you. I wish you would just run off and create your own little white homeland somewhere where I don't have to hear from you any more.
Signed,
Enraged White American Liberal.

(Michael Miro)

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
So white middle class workers have lost their jobs to China, Japan, South Korea, and Mexico.
That would be least educated white middle class workers. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Trump wants to spin off air traffic controllers from the FAA and privatize their jobs.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard