WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Read again today about colleges and universities being concerned about students (and faculty?) showing up with fake vaccine cards. They should not worry: Besides being a possible crime of fraud, about the only increased risk is to the fakers themselves. Vaccinated people might catch a covid-cold from the unvaxxed, but they could also catch one from vaccinated people. It's the unvaxxed who have much more to lose. At an in-person school and dorm, they are a lot more likely to catch it, and it could be much more serious. If they do go home sick, they might kill their parents or grandparents.

It’s a crime that comes with a hefty fine.
The FBI said a fake vaccine card is considered a misuse of a government seal.
That comes with a $5,000 fine or five years in prison.
By the way, Canada is slapping vaxx card fakers with SIXTEEN thousand dollar fines.

Your future employability is also a factor.
I think we should be more like Canada.

Last edited by Jeffery J. Haas; 08/10/21 01:29 AM.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
jgw #334994 08/10/21 01:34 AM
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Here you go.

Fake COVID-19 Vaccination Cards Worry College Officials

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fake-covid-vaccine-card-college_n_6111435ae4b0be1936de59e8

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Greger #335018 08/12/21 04:16 AM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
While I'm not in favor of the government seizing their assets or forcing hospitals to turn them away I am gleefully watching them die for Donald Trump.
Not getting vaxxed and dying from COVID to own the Libs. coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
The problem with asset seizure after a no-vax death, is that most adult's "assets" are their ability to work for another 20 or 30 years. Few people have much saved for retirement or houses without mortgages.
There's also the long-term disability that COVID is heaping upon the unvaxxed survivors of COVID.

jgw #335020 08/12/21 04:19 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Black Lives Matterâ„¢ has some explaining to do.
Of all the civil rights activist groups that have a decent amount of pull, you'd think they would have picked up the vaccine bullhorn a long time ago.
Their silence almost equals complicity with the anti-vaccine crowd.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Of all the civil rights activist groups that have a decent amount of pull, you'd think they would have picked up the vaccine bullhorn a long time ago.
Silence = Death

h/t ACT-UP 1990s smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Silence = Death

h/t ACT-UP 1990s smile

Of particular importance, ActUP! is a textbook example of how a militant activist group learns how to be excellent leaders once they're seated at the table. Most activist groups don't manage to take the next step toward leadership, so ActUP! deserves a lot of respect.
I am hoping BLMâ„¢ steps up and focuses their considerable reach into the black community WRT the vaccines.

And I can't understand why they remain hesitant, because in addition to the grace of such a noble effort, it would also forever drown out their critics who are desperately trying to paint them as bomb throwers.

deepfreezefilms.com
jgw #335024 08/12/21 03:19 PM
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
I've learned from experience that there are workers who make poor leaders, privates and SP/4's who were the greatest soldiers at that rank, fail the grade big time as sergeants.

There can be instances where one is a good leader in one area, but very poor in another. Perhaps the leaders of BLM are great leaders and organizers when it comes to protests, pushing equal rights etc. But poor on overall leadership of the group on a myriad of other things. Or perhaps they didn't think vaccinations as important as their reason for being, police brutality? We all have priorities, some things very important, other things kind of irrelevant or off our radar screen.

Actually, I think the NAACP is more of a voice when it comes to the overall black community and their stances on different things to include vaccines. The NAACP has been pushing for all to get vaccinate. BLM in my opinion is an organization created and adopted to deal with police injustice.

I wouldn't be hard on BLM as vaccinations really wasn't an issue for them, not a main issue, treatment of blacks by the police is their main issue..

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
jgw #335033 08/13/21 05:19 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I want you to pay particular attention to the group under "Insurance Status".
A financial disaster awaits the 77% of insured Americans who are refusing the vaccines.
No way in Hell an insurance company is going to underwrite hundreds of thousands of extended hospital ICU stays for these people when their refusal to take the shots constitutes an avoidable risk.
It's worse than smoking, it's worse than driving without seat belts or riding without a helmet.
And health insurers have no choice but to pass these costs onto the consumers or else they will go bankrupt and so will their shareholders.

Yes, believe it or not, it is beginning to look as if the free market is going to be the arm that enforces vaccine mandates.
And we're about to witness a lot of Republicans who suddenly HATE capitalism.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by perotista
I've learned from experience that there are workers who make poor leaders, privates and SP/4's who were the greatest soldiers at that rank, fail the grade big time as sergeants.

There can be instances where one is a good leader in one area, but very poor in another. Perhaps the leaders of BLM are great leaders and organizers when it comes to protests, pushing equal rights etc. But poor on overall leadership of the group on a myriad of other things. Or perhaps they didn't think vaccinations as important as their reason for being, police brutality? We all have priorities, some things very important, other things kind of irrelevant or off our radar screen.

Actually, I think the NAACP is more of a voice when it comes to the overall black community and their stances on different things to include vaccines. The NAACP has been pushing for all to get vaccinate. BLM in my opinion is an organization created and adopted to deal with police injustice.

I wouldn't be hard on BLM as vaccinations really wasn't an issue for them, not a main issue, treatment of blacks by the police is their main issue..

NAACP is a wonderful organization, but just as traditional conservatives and traditional Republicans are being shouted down by the larger Trump Party of COVID, just as rational Christians are buried under the explosion of Qanon believers, NAACP is barely audible above BLM's bully pulpit.
Most people who follow BLM, regardless of color, don't pay much attention to the marxist underpinnings, but that doesn't change what BLM does when it comes to spending their funds or their political capital.

When Patrisse Cullors and her little marxist friends shouted Bernie off the stage at a rally in 2015, they also said that none of the marching and activism of the Sixties meant shee-it to them. These same revolutionaries also want you to know that NAACP doesn't mean a damn thing to them either.

I'm going to be as hard on BLM as I can be, because they're the loudest voice in black civil rights activism, thus they have a duty, an obligation, to take a stand on the vaccines, because COVID is killing way more black people than the cops ever will.

Last edited by Jeffery J. Haas; 08/13/21 05:26 PM.

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard