WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by perotista - 06/01/24 07:45 PM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,122,727 my own book page
5,021,455 We shall overcome
4,201,038 Campaign 2016
3,796,589 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,064 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,848
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42
veteran
veteran
If you continue to have problems with your eyes, look for a product called OcuSoft. It’s a very good eyewash , not cheap but good and lasts a long time.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
K
old hand
old hand
K
I know we can all laugh and joke about this and I enjoy doing so. But if it were not for the marvels of modern medicine and science I would’ve been a goner decades ago.I almost died of an asthma attack when I was 25. But then along came albuterol followed by the Advair discus that was a combination with a long acting bronchodilator combined with a steroid.

It has been a miracle for me and has allowed me to live a more or less normal life. I am sure most of you folks have equal stories about modern medicines that have helped you along the way.

But remember… Never ever ever!!!… Get that Covid shot. It’ll turn you into some sort of Democratic monster.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
How did you hurt your knee Ponderer? You might’ve already posted that but I missed it if you did so. I needed to get my left knee replaced around seven years ago because it was total bone on bone with no meniscus. I’m sure the cumulative result of sports injuries I had when I was a young jock.

The rehab was no fun but all in all I’m happy with the results.
I'll get results today. When I was in my 30s I was diagnosed with two conditions: chondromalacia and mild "floating kneecap". As a result of that (and 30 years of Army), I have arthritis and bone spurs in both knees. The orthopedist suspects that one of those bone spurs tore the meniscus.

I walk pretty normally and normally don't have much pain, but now it gets painful to walk more than half a mile (and I typically do 5 a day). I expect that they'll want to do arthroscopic surgery to "clean it up". (And I need to Ä‘rop 30 lbs.) By the way, the MRI was a breeze. It was one of the new machines that's a donut, and it only put my leg in. I just relaxed for a half hour with headphones on and thought happy thoughts. The lorazapam helped. wink

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Getting an MRI on your knee has to be a lot better than getting a five hour long MRI on your spine! That really sucked. It would have been nice if I was drugged. Much worse (and much longer) than a brain MRI.
Been there, and so hated it. I have 3 broken vertebrae (Army) that need tending, occasionally, two lumbar and one cervical. The vertebrae and knees are each a 10% VA disability, though. It's one of those, "you break it, you buy it" things.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
I turns out that I had, or still have, severe, I mean SERVRE, sleep apnea. I was waking up on the average of every 90 seconds all not long. I had no idea that was even happening.

So I got the machine and it's nothing like I thought it would be. I thought there'd be oxygen tanks to deal with and other stuff and it's nothing like that. I sleep REALLY, REALLY well now - about 7 hrs a night.

That machine has seriously changed my life. I swear by it. I wished that I had these tests sooner so that i could have started treatment sooner.

The one thing that is really different than before I used the machine is now I wake up with mucus around my eye lids, where before I never had that. As a result, when I first got the machine two years ago, I developed a stye. THAT treatment was to hold a warm cloth with baby shampoo soap on it on the eye lid several times a day.

Now when I shower, I close my eyes and wash my eyes with baby shampoo - literally, every time I shower in the morning. I have never developed another stye.

...and my memory is back to the way it used to be back in the day. smile
The CPAP changed my life. Can't live without it.

I re-read these posts. Man, I'm a physical wreck! wink Funny, I don't feel that way, although my son says I "walk like an old man."

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
I re-read these posts. Man, I'm a physical wreck! wink Funny, I don't feel that way, although my son says I "walk like an old man."

Almost everyone our age begins to walk like an old man and I think I figured out something, although I am probably not the first.

It's YOUR BUTT!!
I think as we get older our bodies seem to forget to use our butt muscles when we walk!
I know I sure had, and I noticed it several years ago, so I began to consciously make an effort to exercise my butt muscles and it has made a big difference.
And the thing that really surprised me is that it made a big difference in how I handle Karen, when picking her up and putting her in her chair or doing the reverse and putting her in bed.

A few years ago we were given a nice ceiling lift to help with the daily routine, but it's soooooo slow.
Don't get me wrong, on bad days where I'm dragging ass, it's a lifesaver.
But I am back to mostly doing the lifting myself again, and it's my butt that has made all the difference.

USE that BUTT! Make a conscious effort to work that booty, when you walk, when you sit, when you lift things, work that booty all the time, guys...and gals.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
veteran
veteran
Jeffery - under funny/not funny - I was actually diagnosed last year with tendonitis of the tushie. I’d had it for about 4 years but other issues kept me from dealing with it. It was very difficult to walk, even harder to climb stairs. Finally it’s better but it may come back..

So - Jefferey is right: watch your a§§.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s bein’ bad
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have to admit, I've gotten less mindful of my body. I used to be more attuned to various aspects of things, like breathing, and warm-ups. I've gotten lazy and inattentive. I think it's part of the weight gain. I used to consciously move around, and, for example, run between buildings on base. Now I stroll. At home, too. When I was doing rehab, I got back into the habit of thinking about what works. Now I've slacked off again. That's a good reminder, my friend. I need to pay attention.

L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Mellowicious
Jeffery - under funny/not funny - I was actually diagnosed last year with tendonitis of the tushie. I’d had it for about 4 years but other issues kept me from dealing with it. It was very difficult to walk, even harder to climb stairs. Finally it’s better but it may come back..

So - Jefferey is right: watch your a§§.
My wife, a physical therapist of 26 years, got one of
these for work and home. It's amazing, works on things like knees and tendonitis. There are more affordable versions available than Theragun...

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
Yeah… I don’t think I hurt that much.

Actually the exercises the PT gave me work very well, and take less than 10 minutes. UnfortunatelyI have a bad time remembering to do them. And with the advent of COVID I’ve developed a real reluctance to go out - I’m just much more comfortable staying home, not because of the pandemic, just because I appreciate not being around people. So I don’t walk as much as I need to.

Might have to change my sig to “watch yer a§§!”

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s bein’ bad
Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard