WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by jgw - 06/11/24 08:38 PM
Time to Impeach Thomas
by jgw - 06/11/24 05:56 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by perotista - 06/10/24 11:53 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/10/24 06:17 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 06/06/24 05:31 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:20 AM
Watching the Supreme Court
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:15 AM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (NW Ponderer), 25 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,171,716 my own book page
5,023,357 We shall overcome
4,205,032 Campaign 2016
3,799,214 Trump's Trumpet
3,020,939 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,300
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 9
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,095
Posts313,909
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 42 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 41 42
veteran
veteran
How to know you’re really tired:

I saw the following headline

Doctor Who Violated Texas Abortion Ban is Sued

And immediately thought

“But why would a fictional character be involved in Texas law?”

Early to bedtonight, I think.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
1 member likes this: logtroll
L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Mellowicious
Doctor Who Violated Texas Abortion Ban is Sued

“But why would a fictional character be involved in Texas law?”

It would be an interesting court case. If someone helped a person to get an abortion in a different time or dimension, is that a violation of a current Texas law? What if the aborter went back to a few weeks ago when the law wasn't passed?

What about going to the future after it has been found to be unConstitutional?

Not to mention another dimension where the aborted is transmogrified into a Republican anti-vaxxer who gets Covid and dies a miserable death?

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
So it turns out the Tampa, Florida, police department has been encouraging landlords to evict their [usually Black] tenants, in the name of "crime prevention."

Because, as we all know, making people homeless is a great way to reduce crime.

Yahoo News

Tampa, Flori-duh:
You mean evicting black people for no reason at all might be considered racist?
coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Mike Pence thinks he's a serious contender to be prezzie for people who yell, "Hang Mike Pence."

...of course those people will vote for you, Mike.
- Mother

smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

K
old hand
old hand
K
It is all so astonishing how people can invent so convoluted a response as to appear to be somewhat rational. I refer to your previous link about the not so BrightBart guy trying to rationalize why the right nut anti-vaxxers are so. Or arrive and conclude to be so. It goes to shoyu (soy sauce joke) how amazing human mind manipulation, or convolution can be.

To bend matters into a chosen conclusion. And somehow, possibly, make it work.

Last edited by Ken Condon; 09/21/21 06:52 AM. Reason: Referring to Rick’s post

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
K
old hand
old hand
K
BTW along with Stern I too go full schadenfreude when radio and or other info personality “influencer” anti-vaxxer idjits end up on ventilators dying from Covid. It fills me with glee whilst chuckling thinking about their self chosen ignorance and stupidity.

Take invermectin (or what ever it is called) assholes. Better yet bleach internally for a sort of “cleansing.”

And no, I am not a horrible man. Hopefully…… I suppose it’ll do everyone a favor if willfully stupid people exterminate themselves. The sooner the better.

Have a nice day!

L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
BTW along with Stern I too go full schadenfreude when radio and or other info personality “influencer” anti-vaxxer idjits end up on ventilators dying from Covid. It fills me with glee whilst chuckling thinking about their self chosen ignorance and stupidity.
Could it be…? Could it possibly be that the left has manipulated huge swathes of Trump voters into believing they are owning the left by not taking the life-saving Trump Vaccine?
When I was maybe 10 years old I remember lying in bed before going to sleep puzzling over a profound thought about if other people could read my mind, but I didn’t know they were doing it. At first I felt panicked but then it gradually came over me that if it was indeed the situation, it had always been that way, so it was “normal”, and in any event there was nothing I could do about it.

Perhaps the Trump conspiracy fear-orists should just relax with the obvious conclusion that they are too stupid to breathe, and being manipulated by their super intelligent and rightful Lib masters is nothing more than the proper order of the Universe?

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
K
old hand
old hand
K
Hey, even Don Henley sang about dirty Laundrie almost 40 years ago.

veteran
veteran
..... Hopefully…… I suppose it’ll do everyone a favor if willfully stupid people exterminate themselves. The sooner the better.

Have a nice day!
I'd prefer to say willfully uncaring, dangerously cavalier about the threat they may cause to those around them.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Take invermectin (or what ever it is called) assholes. Better yet bleach internally for a sort of “cleansing.”

And no, I am not a horrible man. Hopefully…… I suppose it’ll do everyone a favor if willfully stupid people exterminate themselves. The sooner the better.

Have a nice day!

I totally understand, and yet I too am not heartless for feeling that way...it's self defense.

Allow me to make it personal for a moment...
A very dear friend of mine is one of those former "Twenty Feet From Stardom"
backup singers for a well known musician.
No, not one of the six mentioned in the Wiki article.

[Linked Image from funkmysoul.gr]

She's my auntie as far as I'm concerned...she's adorable, she's funny, she's a sweetheart and she knows I wish she would get the shots.
She won't do it.
And it's damn near killing me because of the three sisters, she's the only one left, one sis died of cancer, one in a car wreck and now there's just her.
And if she gets COVID, with her health issues, it will kill her faster than you can slap a tick, and she may wind up killing some of her family too, because some of them have some health issues, too.
And that will damn near kill me too...it will definitely break my heart, and that's already happened more than I can count...I've already had to say goodbye to too many who went the same way this last year and a half.

Now, take that story and multiply by about fifteen and you have my gallery of friends and loved ones who are still refusing to get the shots.
And I sure as s*** won't be laughing or celebrating when another one of them winds up meeting the same fate as the rest that went before them.

The idiot that gets in my face or my wife's face and starts spooling out all the Alex Jones/Joe Rogan/Bill Gates bullshit while flecks of his spittle launch across the air gap?
Yeah sorry, I'd even give him an extra kick off the deep end dive into Hell, because that's where he belongs,.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Page 35 of 42 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard