WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd say if the election were held today, DeSantis would lose, Rubio would win. But it's not, it's 13 months off and a lot can happen between now and then. I do agree with Republican don't legislate, the only legislation I remember during Trump was his tax cuts. I don't remember him proposing any other major legislation.

On governing by EO's, Obama did exactly that his last 6 years. Which worked when he was president, but when a new president enters office, the new president can repeal, revoke, change previous president's EO's which is what Trump did. Trump spend more time rescinding EO's than initiating them. At least that how it seemed to me. Trump was doing everything he could to eliminate anything Obama did to include any legacy.

I don't think Trump will run again in 2024. If he did, the only candidate I think he'd stand a chance of winning against would be Harris. Independents don't like either one, but dislike Harris more than Trump. A repeat of 2016 with Clinton and Trump.It also seems to me, a lot of independents have over the last month and a half to two months assigned Trump to the dust bin of ancient history. Another run for the presidency would bring out all the old reasons why they, independents disliked Trump and got rid of him.

But who knows? No one knows what will happen between now and Nov 2024, what unforeseen events or how the public as a whole will view or perceive Biden's and democratic rule.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
veteran
On governing by EO's, Obama did exactly that his last 6 years.
So why would someone whose only opinions are what the polls say not look it up?

Pres Obama avg 35/yr, while Mr Trump avg 55/yr. In fact Pres Obama's second term he did fewer EO's than the first term. More importantly it should be remembered EO's only apply to the Executive Branch of government. You may call it governing but in reality it is tweaking, not governing.

I don't think Trump will run again in 2024
I believe there is a higher probability of him running than not running. Revenge is a powerful motivator. Imagine all the anti-Trumpers he can frak. Who would stop him from running? The Base is all in for Trump. 70% believe election was stolen and the other 30% can be easily persuaded it was stolen. The stage is set for a large scale insurrection, why would Trump waste the opportunity to ensconce himself as the one and only savior of America, voice of the delusional, face of Mt Rushmore, .... Master of the Universe.

As most commentators, you have sold the Master Manipulator short. The ordinary rules of engagement do not apply. We live in an n dimensional-space where demagoguery can sway even the independents to become irrational. We'll have 3 more years to deal with Trump before the anti-democratic weasels of the Republican Party march in the goosestep parade to fascism.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
veteran
veteran
What people want more than anything is a functioning government.
Let me fix that for you.

What [rational] people want more than anything is a functioning government.

The Republican base wants to bring it all down. Elected Republicans have said it. They did not get elected to play nice on a team. Bannon says it best ... deconstruct it. The radical extremist Republicans don't like anything about democracy. They remind me of Bakuninists.

ignorance is the enemy

1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Anarchists of any sort can't really be taken seriously. I'm not at all familiar with that faction, Bokononism came to mind though.
Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
I have not heard what they want to replace it with. I think that is the very definition of anarchy. Perhaps you mean they will deconstruct and reconstruct it in the image of the Great Orange One, in which case they are simply insurrectionists.

Is that more palatable???

ignorance is the enemy

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
They don't really seem to have any plans beyond breaking things. But apparently, that is how you make America great again.

And again, anarchists of any sort can't really be taken seriously.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
I fail to comprehend how anyone can take 1/6 lightly. 147 Republicans out of 264 elected Republicans voted to overturn an election. That's more than half of the elected Republicans. Turning away from the obvious, sticking one's head in the sand, marginalizing the impact, or minimizing the importance of an attempted coup is precisely how democracies are lost.

These people have to be taken seriously because they are steadily working on destroying the foundations of Democracy. These are not a rabble of liberal anarchists from the 60's. These are well funded fascists.

and when they come for you ... will you finally take them seriously?

ignorance is the enemy

2 members like this: NW Ponderer, Jeffery J. Haas
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
One federal judge sentencing a January 6th insurrectionist scolded the Justice Department for only filing a single misdemeanor charge, when she had obviously committed more serious crimes. Maybe she cooperated and made a plea deal, but the article didn't say that. It seemed to imply that Justice Department lawyers sympathetic to Trump insurrectionists are letting them off easy.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
One federal judge sentencing a January 6th insurrectionist scolded the Justice Department for only filing a single misdemeanor charge, when she had obviously committed more serious crimes. Maybe she cooperated and made a plea deal, but the article didn't say that. It seemed to imply that Justice Department lawyers sympathetic to Trump insurrectionists are letting them off easy.
I do wonder if the DoJ is going too light. Especially when someone expresses specific intent to do harm.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by rporter314
I believe there is a higher probability of him running than not running. Revenge is a powerful motivator.

The longest and most favorite chapter in Trump's other book "Think Big" is aptly titled

REVENGE

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard