I went in for my scheduled Covid booster this morning at the local Albertson's pharmacy, following up on a confirmed reminder I got yesterday, and when I got there I was told that I didn't have an appointment for 9:00 - in fact I wasn't in their system at all. The pharmacist asked if I had scheduled it through the DOH, and very puzzled, I said that I hadn't - I did it through the Albertson's website - and showed her yesterday's 9:41PM confirmation email. She said they stopped doing it through the store because, "it was too confusing." "So you stopped doing it between 9:41 last night and 9:00 this morning to avoid confusion??" Shrug... "you have to go through DOH."

So I got home at 9:15 and logged onto the DOH website and after 10 minutes of wading through resurrecting my vaccine registration code I filled out the form and rescheduled for October 11, the next available date. As I was about to submit, a red banner came up saying I had already had three shots - two in March and one this morning at 9:00.

I called the pharmacy for advice and got a different person, and explained that I was confused (in spite of the noble effort on their part to avoid confusion). I told her that DOH wouldn't let me schedule a booster because of the previously schedule shot that I didn't get. She said that when I came in on October 11 (how did she know that since DOH wouldn't schedule me?) she would take care of the DOH registration.

Is the Long Covid side effect contagious as a separate pandemic, now? Or is this just Batsh!t Crazy Syndrome skulking about?

At least I got some tamales while I was in the store - now two are working their way through the confusing inner pathways of Logtroll as he sits, hunched in front of the computer, preparing to do everlasting battle with grants.gov...

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller