WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 51 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 50 51
L
veteran
veteran
L
Tamales. Mebbe tamale…

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
K
old hand
old hand
K
Plural: Los tamales

Singular: Un tamal

Jesus, I must be the grammar Nazi. But it’s OK as long as one does not get geotamales.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
Jesus, I must be the grammar Nazi.
Grammar Voxist (Spanish Nazi)

R. Buckminster Fuller
L
veteran
veteran
L
A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Racism tends to attract attention when it's flagrant and filled with invective. But like all bigotry, the most potent component of racism is frame-flipping -- positioning the bigot as the actual victim. So the gay do not simply want to marry; they want to convert our children into sin. The Jews do not merely want to be left in peace; they actually are plotting world take-over. And the blacks are not actually victims of American power, but beneficiaries of the war against hard-working whites. This is a respectable, more sensible bigotry, one that does not seek to name-call, preferring instead to change the subject and straw man. -Ta-Nehisi Coates, writer and journalist (b. 30 Sep 1975)
Anu Garg’s “A Word A Day”

R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
One tamale two tamales three tamales four
my mama doesn’t use potatoes anymore
—slightly bastardized children’s rhyme
(the rhyme, not the children…)

When I lived in New Mexico, during tamale season, bags of tamales were sold from the backs of cars. I worked at a software company, and from time to time there was an announcement: tamales at the front door!

Work stopped. Those stuck on phone calls passed money and a number to a coworker to act on their belief.behalf. On-site client meetings took a break and the out-of-towers were assured they were about to get a treat.

Another few weeks and I’ll head down to 24th Street, see if I can pick up some fresh tamales and maybe some pan dulce.

Last edited by Mellowicious; 09/30/21 02:38 PM.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
Greger Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Hormel canned tamales is all I ever get anymore. They're pretty pathetic but they satisfy the urge.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
L
veteran
veteran
L
I went in for my scheduled Covid booster this morning at the local Albertson's pharmacy, following up on a confirmed reminder I got yesterday, and when I got there I was told that I didn't have an appointment for 9:00 - in fact I wasn't in their system at all. The pharmacist asked if I had scheduled it through the DOH, and very puzzled, I said that I hadn't - I did it through the Albertson's website - and showed her yesterday's 9:41PM confirmation email. She said they stopped doing it through the store because, "it was too confusing." "So you stopped doing it between 9:41 last night and 9:00 this morning to avoid confusion??" Shrug... "you have to go through DOH."

So I got home at 9:15 and logged onto the DOH website and after 10 minutes of wading through resurrecting my vaccine registration code I filled out the form and rescheduled for October 11, the next available date. As I was about to submit, a red banner came up saying I had already had three shots - two in March and one this morning at 9:00.

I called the pharmacy for advice and got a different person, and explained that I was confused (in spite of the noble effort on their part to avoid confusion). I told her that DOH wouldn't let me schedule a booster because of the previously schedule shot that I didn't get. She said that when I came in on October 11 (how did she know that since DOH wouldn't schedule me?) she would take care of the DOH registration.

Is the Long Covid side effect contagious as a separate pandemic, now? Or is this just Batsh!t Crazy Syndrome skulking about?

At least I got some tamales while I was in the store - now two are working their way through the confusing inner pathways of Logtroll as he sits, hunched in front of the computer, preparing to do everlasting battle with grants.gov...

R. Buckminster Fuller
K
old hand
old hand
K
That’s “funny.” I just got my Pfizer booster yesterday at the Lane County fairgrounds site in Eugene. They didn’t have me in their system either but I had a copy of the confirmation email they had sent to me (from an independent site) so all was well.

I have been incredibly impressed with how efficiently Lane County has handled this whole vaccine distribution. It has gone very smoothly and very orderly for all three of my injections. Although yesterday’s one was on a way smaller scale than the previous two, obviously because the eligible clientele is much less than for the previous two.

It really was an old farts convention.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Greger Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Kinda glad I got the Moderna shot...no mention of a booster yet. But even so, there's a DOH/WIC place just a couple blocks away doing vaccinations. It's an outdoor affair so I won't even have to get out of my chair.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
That’s “funny.” I just got my Pfizer booster yesterday at the Lane County fairgrounds site in Eugene. They didn’t have me in their system either but I had a copy of the confirmation email they had sent to me (from an independent site) so all was well.

I have been incredibly impressed with how efficiently Lane County has handled this whole vaccine distribution. It has gone very smoothly and very orderly for all three of my injections. Although yesterday’s one was on a way smaller scale than the previous two, obviously because the eligible clientele is much less than for the previous two.

It really was an old farts convention.

Here too. Easy peesy. Got ours this morning.
Called at 8:15, chose 11:15 appt. DOH 1/2 mile from my house.
There were a couple of younger people there saying their workplace had mandated a vaccine or daily tests. She was disgruntled (hahahahaha).

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Page 8 of 51 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard