WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 51 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 50 51
K
old hand
old hand
K
Why do you think there would be a difference in the antibody levels between the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccines? It was my understanding that the two are almost identical and only vary slightly in their method of manufacture. Is that true?

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
Why do you think there would be a difference in the antibody levels between the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccines? It was my understanding that the two are almost identical and only vary slightly in their method of manufacture. Is that true?
That's my understanding as well

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Moderna uses a higher dose of mRNA than Pfizer, and the two doses are four weeks a part instead of three weeks. They picked doses that worked and interdose times that got their trials done ASAP. Turns out that even four weeks is not optimal. Mine was five weeks because of the Texas power grid failure leading to vaccine shipment shortages. But some virologists say 5 months would be WAY better. Immunologists have known this for a long time, but WarpSpeed's aim was to make as many somewhat immune as fast as possible.

Seems the immune system does a bunch of things that take time, and the first dose just gets some processes started. If they have run for a while, the second dose has activated T-cells to turn on and get B-cell antibody production really cranking. This is why infection followed later by one vaccination gives you super-immunity.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
2 members like this: NW Ponderer, Ken Condon
K
old hand
old hand
K
So as I had mentioned earlier I got my third (booster) Pfizer vaccine two days ago. I waited three weeks as per directives between the first and second injections. Six months and one day between the second and third one. Are you saying even with the Pfizer (don’t forget to include Bio-N-Tech) vaccine I would have been better served if between the first and second shots it had been five weeks?

And between the second and third probably eight months?…..Too late now.

Not to mention the higher manufacturing dose of mRNA?

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Alex Jones was found guilty of liable in two suits for knowingly and willingly lying about the tragic deaths of the Sandy Hook elementary school kids, stating the Sandy Hook parents were crisis actors and the tragic event didn't really happen...

This Rightwing nut job is whining that his First Amendment Free Speech Rights are being trampled.

Hmm

Here's the thing about Rightwingers: They think "free speech" means consequence-free, speech.

Nobody has ever claimed that Righties are stellar thinkers... coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
K
old hand
old hand
K
Alex Jones et al deserve a special place in hell. Too bad that does not exist. Neither does heaven. But I still wonder how those self-serving assholes can live with themselves.

Is money and fame the answer? And their only answer?

1 member likes this: pdx rick
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Six months or more between the second and third vaccination is perfectly fine. You were still protected from serious illness, but now you should have several months of sterilizing immunity, that prevents any detectable infection at all. I wouldn't go and make out with a Covid victim, but as long as you stay out of crowded rooms without a mask, you should be very safe.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It's a real pleasure having discussions with people who operate in the real world. I spend time on another board where that is frustratingly not the case. Understanding the biological mechanisms of inoculation. And of disease. And think about the actual real world consequences of policies. I really appreciate you guys and this forum.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Was supposed to go to a corn maze tonight, but Rocksus' 3:30 annual vaxx appointment took longer than I hoped. Missed the 4:15 close ferry and by the time we did finish, I was not going to make the 4:45 ferry where I would have to drive 30 mins to get there.

That's ok, I made shrimp scampi for dinner, instead. smile (Always fill your disappointments in life with food. laugh )

I joined a meal kit club. I got my first delivery two days ago on Thursday. I figured FR, SA, SU dinners. It doesn't look like a lot of food when you open the box, but when they say it's for two people, it really is. I have leftover white bean stew, and leftover shrimp scampi.

The produce sent was absolutely beautiful. The provider sends all of the seasonings, produce, main entree, accompaniments. You supply the oil, salt, pepper and butter.

This company's recipes are heavy on the butter...so far.

You get to pick from 12 menu times for the week. Each week is different. Each meal is costing $4.95 or $5.95 per serving. So far so good.

smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
That's an excellent price. Does that include shipping? You might be able to do that cheaper shopping yourself, and my local supermarket lets you pickup your order curbside with all weekly specials honored, and no extra charges. But it's WAY WAY cheaper than even the cheapest fast food. And the market doesn't let you buy two servings worth of many items.

Sounds like you will be having some nice lunches with the leftovers.

Page 10 of 51 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard