WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 51 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 50 51
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
It didn't come with one - but the Daikin mini-split did. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

T
T
Originally Posted by logtroll
[quote=TatumAH]Just out of curiosity, what do you burn smoke into?
It’s an alchemical process whereby, following a proprietary formula of incantations and exhortations sung by the artist formerly known as John Denver, the smoke is transformed into a very hot product that has yet to be named, but is commonly referred to as “nosmoke”.

That is all the lawyers will allow me to say about it at this time.

There seem to be frequent references to witchcraft to in your helpful requests lately. It may be time to do a little sink or float test, as was popular on Dave Letterman. The winners prize was a CheeseLog

HEAT EXCHANGER
APPLICATIONS FOR GAS TURBINES

I'm just guessing this was the subject of your reading. They still produce CO2, but I guess you could pair one of these with a liquid metal alloy electrolysis unit to convert the CO2 into solid carbon, which you could burn to run the turbine to generate electricity to run the electrolysis unit. Rinse repeat!

TAT

Last edited by TatumAH; 10/30/21 04:40 PM.

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit
L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by TatumAH
'm just guessing this was the subject of your reading. They still produce CO2, but I guess you could pair one of these with a liquid metal alloy electrolysis unit to convert the CO2 into solid carbon, which you could burn to run the turbine to generate electricity to run the electrolysis unit. Rinse repeat!

TAT
The Big Tat is on the hunt but has scented false spoor!

'Tis not reading I am doing but writing. The subject of the Small Business Innovation Research grant proposal is, indeed, a ceramic heat exchanger for the type of turbine generator that surfaced in your literature search. However, our innovation focuses on the high temperature burning of syngas (smoke), a co-product generated during the pyrolysis of woody biomass - the other product being biochar. There is also a 3rd co-product of heat that is not used up in making electricity that can be used for building or industrial process heat.

Because the biochar is a form of carbon, graphene, that is chemically and physically recalcitrant to change, it may be used in the soil and in other durable products as a carbon sequestration substance. And because it came from plants, which took it from the atmosphere, it represents a bona fide CO2 drawdown opportunity. Thus and thereby, it is the only carbon negative energy source in existence!

But the alchemy explanation is easier for most folks to grok...

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
L
veteran
veteran
L
I especially like the girl with the grinder.

R. Buckminster Fuller
T
T
[/quote]
The Big Tat is on the hunt but has scented false spoor!

'Tis not reading I am doing but writing. The subject of the Small Business Innovation Research grant proposal is, indeed, a ceramic heat exchanger for the type of turbine generator that surfaced in your literature search. However, our innovation focuses on the high temperature burning of syngas (smoke), a co-product generated during the pyrolysis of woody biomass - the other product being biochar. There is also a 3rd co-product of heat that is not used up in making electricity that can be used for building or industrial process heat.[/quote]

Well, since you were actually writing a grant proposal, you have my most sincere sympathy for MOAR pain than most willingly subject themselves to. You are granted a special masochism dispensation from the big TAT.

Do you need a hypercritical editor to help? grin I have battled editors from journals and funding agencies for years!
I loath them and their conflicts of interest. mad

TAT

sevil regit
T
T
Originally Posted by logtroll
I especially like the girl with the grinder.

Yep, that's Grindergirl! I was particularly interested in the spark color, as I learned in welding 101 that you can determine the type of steel or other metals by the color and persistence of the spark trails. I bet that shield was well insulated as grinding generates a lot of heat. I guessed titanium from white sparks, but its very hard to judge colors on media, or with cataracts. They said stainless steel that is much easier to fabricate than titanium.

TAT

Sun Aug 22 2004 at 9:16:09
"I've never seen anything like that ...in all my years in Vaudeville I have NEVER...THAT’S AMAZING...can we see a little more?"

-- Paul Shaffer

Fans of the Late Show with David Letterman know neo-Vaudevillian Kiva Kahl as the Grinder Girl. The Grinder Girl is one of an odd menagerie of "talent" who are part of a regular Letterman gag called "Will it float?"

The Grinder Girl wears a silver '50s sci fi outfit. On her stomach is a metal plate. Into the metal plate she grinds a buzz saw. This creates a startling shower of sparks. While grinding whirling metal on metal, she grinds her body in a seductive manner. Behold, the Grinder Girl.

Ms. Kahl is a Russian born performer and make-up artist. She seems to have gotten her start doing sideshow acts at Coney Island. She's also part of a performance art group called AntiGravity.

Grindergirl

Last edited by TatumAH; 10/30/21 08:32 PM. Reason: add grindr

sevil regit
L
veteran
veteran
L
I think the color is not true. I suspect mild steel judging by the quantity and length of the sparks. Carbon steel and stainless are less abundant and shorter. Titanium I have no experience with.

Logtroll MD

R. Buckminster Fuller
T
T
https://f1chronicle.com/why-do-sparks-come-out-of-f1-cars/

I saw the sparks from race cars, while scrolling channels, and it looked familiar. It is from Titanium skid blocks under the frame. MOAR TITANIUM sparks coming ASAP.

Well, it arrived early. The video show the various spark morphology and Titanium only shows up as a white guest star around minute 5. PITA to weld though, unless you like rainbow patterns of oxides, that means your inert gas wasnt enough to exclude the oxygen, it fails QA, but it sure is purrty grin

TATANIUM

Last edited by TatumAH; 10/31/21 03:16 AM. Reason: add timing for titanium segment

sevil regit
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Ms. Kahl is a Russian born performer...
Figures. She seems like a natural born (circus) freak in the same vein as Melania... coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

L
veteran
veteran
L
Ms. Kahl has a lot more talent, and a better personality. And she grinds so fine!

R. Buckminster Fuller
Page 25 of 51 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard