WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted of killing two people and wounding another.

Recap:

Kyle Rittenhouse, then 17 years old, travieled from Antioch, IL to Kenosa, WI with the help of his mother to "protect property" in a community he did not live in and was not invited to protect. Rittenhouse made comments on social media about "wanting to get into with antiFA and BLM."

Welp, Kyle "got into it" by fatally shototing Josepth Rosenbaum - who was chasing the teenager and threw a bag at him - and then tried to flee. A crowd of people pursued the teenager, and Rittenhouse shot at an unidentified man who kicked him; fatally shot Anthony Huber, who had hit him with a skateboard; and wounded Gaige Grosskreutz, who was armed with a pistol.

I certainly hope that fedeal charges are brought and this 18 year old creep sees prison time. mad

Contrarian, extraordinaire

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
We're going to see an army of Rittenhouses now.
The bad news however, is that the Trump Right needs to know that if there's another insurrection, anyone who mows down a few dozen insurrectionists will be using the Rittenhouse defense too.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
We're going to see an army of Rittenhouses now..

Bow

When Kyle Rittenhouse killed two men and maimed another because he was scared they would kill him just because he was shooting them, and was acquitted by a Wisconsin jury on all charges, this verdict ushered in a new era in America: when fearing for your life is grounds to kill someone who is trying to defend themselves from you threatening their life.

Hmm

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Everyone knew this verdict was coming, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

The Right has a new hero, one whose thirst to shoot people the jury was not allowed to see because it was prejudicial, a kid who cold-cocking of a girl, just weeks before he killed two people and maimed another, the jury was not allowed to see because it was prejudicial, one whose new bosom friends the Proud Boys and gun maniacs are thirsting to shoot some leftists themselves.

And it's now open season on woke folks.

mad

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
K
old hand
old hand
K
I wouldn’t get too excited about this thing Rick. The whole cast of characters consisted of unsavory types in my opinion. Read about the background of the victims por favor.

Should Rittenhouse have been wandering around with an AR-15? I don’t think so. But that is another topic for federal/state gun laws.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Okay, so next time I see a teenager with a gun I won't chase him, throw things at him, kick him, or hit him with a skateboard and I suspect my chances for survival would skyrocket over those who chose those tactics

There is an old adage about which weapons are appropriate to bring to a gunfight.

None of these are them.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
K
old hand
old hand
K
There is always room for a new and improved skateboard.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
I wouldn’t get too excited about this thing Rick. The whole cast of characters consisted of unsavory types in my opinion. Read about the background of the victims por favor.

Should Rittenhouse have been wandering around with an AR-15? I don’t think so. But that is another topic for federal/state gun laws.

I grant you everything however Rick's assessment as to what this portends for the Right is still rather rational.
The Right doesn't care about anything but license to do as they see fit, to do as their Fearless Leader instructed, to do as Gawd Hisselfâ„¢ says.
And Gawd Hisself takes his orders from Trump, when Fearless Trump isn't hiding from insurrections he ordered, that is.

Unsavory people in Kenosha? Yeah you're right, plenty of em.
But just being unsavory isn't license to shoot at them, or it wasn't until the other day.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It was the chasing, throwing things at, kicking, and hitting with skateboards that led to the shooting....

These actions are inappropriate when approaching an armed civilian of any sort.

In fact, these actions are inappropriate when approaching anyone.

You could be killed.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
I have a cousin that once talked about 13 year olds tearing up mailboxes in her neighborhood so she bought a glock (whatever the hell that is).
There is such a thing as proportionality.
Chasing hitting throwing things (one of those people had a gun that he never used) validates shooting someone dead with a long gun. Really?

I understand what you're saying. It's the law. But let me tell you, it's twisted. If he were black he'd get the death penalty. I don't know what should have happened to a pumped up teenager who wanted to be part of the action. Who strutted through the streets of Kenosha after almost all of the peaceful protesters were gone (curfew) and the trouble makers were left, most of which weren't even there to protest but to just make trouble and do damage (and make the protesters look bad.) Sure some of them were unsavory but guess what so is Kyle and certainly his parents and all that influenced him to this life.

But anyway, Greger you needn't worry about your buddy Kyle. He's a happy beaming boy today (destroying his life....uh not even). He's scheduled to be on Fox tomorrow. Republicans are falling all over themselves to be the one to sponsor his appointment to the Capital. Isn't that swell? He's loving it. I don't think we need to worry too much about his mental health. Other than how much more damage he would like to do.

If only those guys hadn't upset him....oh well, he took care of the problem
one more thing Greger/Mark...."In fact, these actions are inappropriate when approaching anyone.
You could be killed."
This is where we are, huh?

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard