WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#340276 02/04/22 12:57 PM
L
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
L
An excellent piece.

A second Civil War?

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
L
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
L

R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
Thanks for these, log. I spend a lot of time inside my apartment, excluding the outside world, and Idon’t think I’m as aware of this stuff as I could be…which may explain why I find it so frightening.

Or maybe it’s really that frightening.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
K
old hand
old hand
K
I have made allusions to this topic several times on this site. My main wonderment is…is all of this rancor domestically created or are there foreign players involved, such as Russia or possibly China? Could be other external forces.

It seems to me a lot of this disinformation and attempts at dividing the US population is not all domestically created. Sure there is all the BS distributed widely on the Internet but humans by definition will devolve into various tribes because that is both culturally and DNA influenced behavior. Just as it is for all other animals on gawdz green earth. Although most humans seem to think they are above such DNA influenced behavior, because after all….they are human.

No?

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
L
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
I have made allusions to this topic several times on this site. My main wonderment is…is all of this rancor domestically created or are there foreign players involved, such as Russia or possibly China? Could be other external forces.

I have a friend (D) who I used to rent shop space from and who later went on to manage the nonprofit forest restoration company that I started back in 1998. He retired from that in 2012 and returned to his “hobby” of hardrock mining. A libertarian and a prepper type, he has always distrusted the federal government, wanted to return to the gold standard for money, and has lately been mumbling about the inevitability of a civil war. Interestingly, he only talks a little bit about these things to me, but says much more to other mutual friends. Recently he caught the Covid (unvaxxed, of course) on a trip to Arkansas and had a middling serious experience with it. He was in the middle of doing some electrical and machine rehab work for me, and texted upon his return that he had Omicron but was slowly recovering, and I offered to go to the store, or whatever, if he needed (he lives alone but has a number of friends, both liberal and a range of RWNJ) and he said he was getting along. About ten days later he felt well enough to come back to work on my stuff. I have a guy (J - a “nomad” who has a consistent income from rentals in Califonia) who lives on the shop property and serves as security, and he helps around there a good amount, so he was hanging around D. D has been talking a lot to J and has said he didn’t have Covid (it was just the flu), and that he really fears the impending civil war is about to begin.

Finally, I’m getting around to the point.

In the Avlon piece (I think it was the civil war one - I watched four in a row) they made a point that many people earnestly believe in the conspiracy shiit and fear the government and fantasy enemies like antifa and BLM, and those fears fuel their foreboding of a coming civil war, which will draw them in to nobly defend America and our way of life. They believe they are victims, and the “other” is coming to get them.

So, using my friend and colleague D as an example, who will he actually go to war against? He has no enemies here. No one even argues with him concerning his fears, he doesn’t even bring them up to me - I have wondered at that, and am of the impression that it must be a mix of me being his occasional employer (though he works as an independent contractor) and being someone who usually has a problem solving approach to most every issue. So who’s he going to war with? The only possibility I can see is he imagines a scenario where the Gummit comes to get his guns and he will have to fight them to the death. Which, of course, is a fantasy.

That said, I can imagine some incidents where a group of crazy malcontents manage to organize and coalesce for a confrontation (Jan. 6 comes to mind), but it ends up in chaos. The so-called leaders are all wingnuts who won’t even take credit for their noble actions, instead letting the deluded fearbots, who they created through lies and propaganda, take the fall for them.

R. Buckminster Fuller
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Why does there have to be a Civil War? Why not a simple divorce? Hmm

A divorce will not satisfy the extreme right's bloodlust to spill Liberal blood is one reason. crazy

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Is the post above hyperbole - even with its supporting link? Um...no. crazy

L
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
L
Originally Posted by pdx rick

I wonder what a simple divorce would look like…

R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
Um,yeah. Even the easy ones aren’t easy… Believe me, I tried twice!

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
1 member likes this: logtroll
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by logtroll
Originally Posted by pdx rick

I wonder what a simple divorce would look like…
Welp, we would sit down like adults and divide the community property (states) and sign Agreements. Give everyone five years to move to where they want to enjoy their liberties and then start living separately as two. Hmm

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard