WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by perotista - 06/01/24 07:45 PM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/23/24 07:11 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 11 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,099,964 my own book page
5,019,843 We shall overcome
4,201,016 Campaign 2016
3,796,577 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,044 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,847
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 72 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 71 72
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I look forward to the future. What could possibly happen flooding far right and Nazi battalions with stingers, RPG’s and small arms. Europe’s far-right problem just got a lot worse.

Meh...The far-right already has that here. They shoot themselves in the foot more often than not. And once they take over (witness the Taliban) they fail to govern effectively because they are so wrapped up in their ideology and hatred there is no room for compromise.

This seems to be an argument that the forces for democracy must tie their hands behind their backs rather than use unseemly tactics in the war for freedom.

I don't believe Putin represents freedom or democracy. I don't believe that the US and NATO really do either. But it's not hard to pick a side

It's like an argument about our two political parties...neither one is worth a f*ck. But one's maybe a little better. Both are going to use unseemly tactics, both are corrupt, and all governments are slaves to capital.

Chunks, you seem to want geopolitics to be reasonable and fair with everyone held accountable. World don't work that way. Never has. A million dead here and there means nothing in the greater scheme of things. All those people were gonna die anyway.

But it's getting better and tyrants like Trump and Putin are simply not allowed to push the entire world around for long.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
I have already stated I think it’s all B.S and don’t have a side. Though one ranter seems to feel offended with any post of mine that contradicts his fever dream narrative.

Nor have I ever said that geopolitics is a spotless undertaking. What I do mind is criminal incompetence by these Ivy League psychos and the corporate media that backs them in constantly getting our dicks caught in our collective zippers.

It looks as though we’re all going to pay a collective price for these hacks and their supporters both economically and geopolitically. Some more than others. Those most responsible not at all. As is usually the case.

C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
You define yourself by your enemies. Real or imagined.

Sounds just like that Russian Dad, if Max Blumenthal was whispering in one ear and Vlad was whispering in the other.

Sorry your mother goddess didn’t go to Michigan.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
You define yourself by your enemies. Real or imagined.

Sounds just like that Russian Dad, if Max Blumenthal was whispering in one ear and Vlad was whispering in the other.

Sorry your mother goddess didn’t go to Michigan.

*I'm assuming you think "Mother Goddess" is Hillz.
Sounds like you're convinced that HRC 2016-2020 would have been worse than Trump.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
As a state actor directly involved in the destruction of two functioning societies, her record of voting for the destruction of two others as my state Senator, one can easily make the argument that the right wing mother goddess is a war goddess serving a death drive.
I would also note that the Blueanon formation that resulted from mother goddess’ campaign incompetence also exhibits a death drive now on display. So much so that context and complexity no longer have meaning or tolerated. The blue hive is driven to punish its perceived enemies.
In short, I’m not sure what’s more dangerous, the liberal mother goddess ascending the presidency or the hive mind effects of her loss that is pulling our politics, NGO’s, economy into its death drive orbit.

If your position is one that rationalized Nazis in your Emanuel Goldstein hatred of Putin (say, when did that hatred begin?…) you might be part of a hive mind.

Some of us might object to where the hive is taking us.

I would also mention the blue hive is a largely upper middle class white liberal phenomenon. The same class that desires to rule but not to govern.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/12/22 03:40 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Some of us might object to where the hive is taking us.

Object all you want, "we" are buckled in the backseat and will go where mama and papa take us.

Whether it be Blueanon or Qanon who drive us, we get to beg every two years for one or the other to take the wheel...and some few make the third choice to call an Uber.

Stupid things were done in the past, stupid things are currently being done, stupid things will be done in the future.

My goal is to live happily ever after.

L
veteran
veteran
L
I’m always left with the same two questions after your posts, Chunks… What in the hell are you talking about? And, what am I supposed to do about it?

The next thing that happens is an earworm starts up playing the phrase, “… bring us something we can use…”, and that leads to finding the ‘Songs From The Capeman’ youtube.

Enjoy!

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Well yeah…

I’ve already said there gunna do what there gunna do.

Just describing the motivations of the hive mind with implications of its gravitational pull towards a sudden terminal point. We’re on the knifes edge. May not have much runway left to live that best you.

Lots of centrifugal force happening now. Oddly, it seems as though the war dept is the only one having a grip on reality. They seem to know what a ‘no fly zone’ means.

It would be the perfect ironic ending though, wouldn’t it? The most pampered class that has ever lived on the face of the earth would pull it all down in a hissy fit from their inability to deal with reality on its own terms?

Something tragically funny there.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/12/22 04:43 PM.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
I’ve always seen this protest from you Logs.
Always border policing. What’s your confusion exactly?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
As a state actor directly involved in the destruction of two functioning societies, her record of voting for the destruction of two others as my state Senator, one can easily make the argument that the right wing mother goddess is a war goddess serving a death drive.

That right there is the most twisted description of Madame Clinton I have ever heard bar none. Even the repubs couldn't come up with anything more inflammatory.

I think I can say, without equivocation, that had she been elected, we would find our current situation much more tenable.

You may disagree, but allow me to say, forthwith and without reservation that you, sir, are wrong.

Page 16 of 72 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard