WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I am not just bothered but agitated regarding not just investigative news reports, but statements by members.

First, I do not believe the committee will be able to adequately present a narrative which has any impact on either those who have already made up their minds or those who are waiting for the evidence, unless they begin the public hearings with an examination of the predication of many of the attacking insurrectionists or the Trump loyalists who bought into the idea there was actual, real, detectable fraud. They should begin with a witness panel which includes Powell, Giuliani, Lindell, Navarro, etc, and examine each charge these people have brought forward as evidence of fraud, and address them one at a time. Of course you have Powell, no reasonable person would believe anything I say, or Giuliani, I didn't have time to investigate the allegations, and then you have Lindell, I have the evidence, and Navarro, there were irregularities. Each should be publicly exposed for the fantasies they embrace, and let the public decide who has a credibility problem. They could start with Trump's pressure call to Raffensperger. In that hour long call Raffensperger refutes each claim Trump made about fraud, based on Georgia state investigations.

Second, I have to ask, is any Man above the law???? Already we have a putative case that the rich are above the law and now should we allow the political class to be above the law? If the DoJ does not investigate Trump and any one in his orbit who participated in J6, for possible criminal activities revolving around the insurrection, we may as well burn the Constitution, for we are lost. I can't help but think the only reason DoJ is not investigating is the possible political repercussions. All I have to type is Republican leadership does not care if Garland does not investigate .... there will be repercussions anyway.

So if you have a hankering to commit crimes .... get yourself elected to Congress or the WH .... you will be above the law.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have broken laws with impunity my entire life. Beginning as a small child when I tore my first "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law" tag from under my grandma's chair. I lay there on the floor in terror waiting for the sireens...they never came. I lit unlawful firecrackers smuggled in from states where they were legal. I smoked marijuana and drove too fast. Engaged in underage drinking...

I cheated on my taxes and stole a few things in my life. Doesn't make me above the law, just a successful criminal. I got locked up a time or two(exactly two) did two years probation for a drug charge(weed in '72) I've dealt drugs off and on in my life, I've built things that weren't up to code.

But I've mostly towed the line because that Under Penalty Of Law tag haunts me to this day and I can still hear the sireens in my head...

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Eh, a little weed, a little shortcut on the Building Codes: We forgive you.

It's not like you raped a 13 year old girl, threatened to murder her family, defrauded thousands of people, and attempted to overthrow the government.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
2 members like this: pdx rick, Jeffery J. Haas
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
I'm disgusted by the whole thing. What Trump and his cabal did and what the J6 Committee and Garland are NOT doing. Enough! mad

#LockHimUp!!! eek

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Eh, a little weed, a little shortcut on the Building Codes: We forgive you.

It's not like you raped a 13 year old girl, threatened to murder her family, defrauded thousands of people, and attempted to overthrow the government.
...or kill hundreds of thousands by telling them to ingest bleach and put a sun lamp up their derriere and take some ivermectin for good measure. And oh! Foment an insurrection because you lost your job that you really didn't want in the first place.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Did hundreds of thousands die from ingesting bleach and putting sunlamps up their asses...?

I musta missed that on CNN. Covid killed the unfortunate and the incautious alike. It killed a few idiots along the way too. Their dogs will miss them.

Point was that most white-collar crimes and political misdeeds go unpunished just as most minor crimes go unpunished.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Hundreds of thousands have died because they refused to get vaccinated. Mostly for Trumpy reasons, though Trump did tell them to get vaccinated. But maybe just once or twice, and Trump says a lo0t of contradictory things. He covers his ass that way: If something he said is proven deadly, he can point to the instance of him saying the opposite.

As ex-President, he could have lead a massive campaign to get everybody vaccinated but that would have required he man-up and work for something the Biden administration supported. Can't have that!

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Sooooo .... I should be a white collar worker or a politician so I can commit crimes without impunity. Thanks for the endorsement and information. Think i'll get right on it.

ignorance is the enemy

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
or imagine if Mr Trump had conducted a righteous campaign to eliminate covid .... he would have been elected easily. Instead he sacrificed a couple hundred thousand people because his base is too frakking stupid to employ common sense healthcare measures to save lives.

ignorance is the enemy

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Sooooo .... I should be a white collar worker or a politician so I can commit crimes

Even Petty criminals can make a pretty good living at it. So, by all means, if you feel that a life of crime is for you get out there and start breaking laws! Lying, cheating and stealing aren't hard to do, start small and work your way up to greater deceptions and thefts!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 

Link Copied to Clipboard