WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Interesting little story on MSNBC:

If you flee the capitol, you have lost.

Turns out, Mike Pence was even more of a hero than we knew. He didn't just refuse to do Trump's bidding and return the electoral votes to the states. Trump's Secret Service supporters had a plan to whisk Pence away (supposedly to safety), but Pence refused to get in his armored limo and leave the Capital. He knew when the legislature fleas the Capital the coup has won. He called a bunch of congressmen and told them not to leave.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Interesting little story on MSNBC:

If you flee the capitol, you have lost.

Turns out, Mike Pence was even more of a hero than we knew. He didn't just refuse to do Trump's bidding and return the electoral votes to the states. Trump's Secret Service supporters had a plan to whisk Pence away (supposedly to safety), but Pence refused to get in his armored limo and leave the Capital. He knew when the legislature fleas the Capital the coup has won. He called a bunch of congressmen and told them not to leave.

A little bit more to it than that. Chuck Grassley tweeted that he didn't expect Pence to BE there on 1/6....first time time in US history a Veep skipped the certification.
Grassley was sure HE would be in charge instead of Pence.

Pence knew something was amuck with his SS detail and said to his lead SS guy:
"I trust you Tim, but I am not getting in that car."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-6-chilling-raskin/ar-AAWwuVd?li=BBorjTa

https://twitter.com/VoteAngryNow/status/1517887975811596294

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Had this been 1865, all of these unAmericans would have been rounded up and either hanged or deported to Ft Jefferson, almost immediately. Because they have not been, they have now concluded conspiracy to overthrow the government is not only OK but it is the thing which should be done, should your party not win an election. The intentional listlessness of the DoJ to pursue investigations into a conspiracy to overthrow the government is not only tantamount to placing everyone involved above the law but condones and endorses future anti-Democratic coups.

Democracy is in peril. I fear a failure to execute the mandates of my contractual agreement has been voided irreparably. There may be nothing left to do but to dissolve the binds of the Constitution and declare each citizen a sovereign citizen, beholden to no one or no state.

We are indeed lost. I will hold a candle light vigil tonight, mourning the passing of what was a once great Democratic state.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Woe is me, all is lost. No reason to continue living in this future fascist hellscape...

Yall act like Russia has won the war and we will be subjugated to rule by Moscow from here on in.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by rporter314
Had this been 1865, all of these unAmericans would have been rounded up and either hanged or deported to Ft Jefferson, almost immediately.

That is pretty much what is explicitly recommended by the founders of this country.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Has any Ranter wondered why both the boy blunder Jared and Ivanky testified before the J6 Committee under oath? Surely, this put a damper on their relationship with the corrupt and incompetent, insurrection fomenting "billionaire" orange clown, right?

Not if both knew that Saudi's Mohammed bin Salman was going to invest $2Bn into boy blunder's little dog and pony show's "investment fund" of which boy blunder has zero experience in running and managing. Oh! Did I mentions that MbS's own people strongly advised against it?

Side bar to a bit of U.S. history: When President John F. Kennedy appointed his brother as Attorney General, Republicans had a hissy-fit and freaked out by passing an anti-nepotism law against presidents hiring family members.

Remember when Orange Clown Trump put boy blunder Jared into the White House (even after he failed a security clearance), Trump's Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel ruled, essentially, that Trump could ignore the above mentioned law?

So who needs a corrupt and incompetent, insurrection fomenting "billionaire" orange clown dad and father-in-law, when you have an actual $2Bn dollars of your own and those billion dollars are real and not highly leveraged assets?

Could the boy blonder have negotiated with the J6 Committee that in exchange for his testimony, he would never be charged with a crime while working in the Trump Administration? Just spit-balling here. Because there is a lot of evidence that good ol' Jared shared a lot of classified information with MsB which lead to the death of Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi with his newly acquired security clearance after Jared helped MbS come to power by sharing US intelligence withMbS?

Remember, right after Trump was sworn into office in 2017, Trump's very first visit foreign visit was to the Arab world? Shortly thereafter, MbS began arresting his royal political foes and family members, apparently using information from inside US intelligence agencies, which is how he came to power.

This should be an even bigger scandal requiring a counter intelligence investigation with treason and espionage charges in the end. Is this why certain Republicans are trying to go after the CIA in order to spy on it’s intelligence gathering of Jarvanka? Jared should be facing some serious charges over this, made worse by MbS ignoring ol' Joe and keeping oil prices artificially inflated hoping that Jared ends up back in power.

I'm just sayin'. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Has any Ranter wondered why both the boy blunder Jared and Ivanky testified before the J6 Committee under oath?

Nope. The affairs of the rich and famous are none of my concern.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
What I don't understand is why they can't display their show instead of giving bits and pieces. I suspect that, eventually, they are going to have to stop saying that is their plan. They are very good at giving thoughts on what they are going to do, sometime, maybe, perhaps. What happens is that, again eventually, people just give up on whatever they say. I wonder why they don't. Perhaps its those they are questioning? They have wonderful plans?

I watched one of the Dems, on that committee, say that the problem was that they are getting so much information, and so many different things are surfacing, that they don't, apparently, have the time to do it publicly.

One can only wonder........

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blinders and tunnel vision

No one typed the word Russia but you. I said the anti-Democratic forces of small minded people has taken the field .... they are on the march .... and it looks like nothing will stop them from implementing their fascist tendencies.

Despite all the flaws, I would rather live in this democracy. Moderation is the order of the day, not the fascist extremism of disenfranchising citizens, in order to maintain power, nor the disenfranchisement of citizens based on their sexual orientation, nor the banning/burning of books with which they don't agree, nor the indoctrination of students, nor political retribution, and of course any attempt to overthrow a duly elected government.

I suppose for those who keep their head down and remain off the grid, none of it matters. But I recall the poignant words written post-WWII by Niemöller, "Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me". Eventually they will come for you .... despite any localities you may think you have.

ignorance is the enemy

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Liz Harrington calls for everyone who stole the election to be rounded up.

I am calling for everyone who participated in the conspiracy to overthrow the government to be rounded up.

Frak these people!!!!!

ignorance is the enemy

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 

Link Copied to Clipboard