WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by perotista - 06/01/24 07:45 PM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,122,727 my own book page
5,021,455 We shall overcome
4,201,038 Campaign 2016
3,796,589 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,064 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,848
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Going by favorable/unfavorable ratings, they show the opposite. You do have this.

Poll: Trump leads Biden, Harris in 2024 match-ups

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/600146-poll-trump-leads-biden-harris-in-2024-matchups/

I think all of the above is irrelevant as I, like you, don’t think Trump nor Harris will be running in 2024.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
all of the above is irrelevant

I figure the J6 Commission will put an end to any chance Trump had of being re-elected.

Biden fell off his bike. Neither is long for this world, and neither will be our next president.

Trumpers, or TEAbaggers, or other various right-wing factions will always be around and will always be a minority. They might seize control for a time but they never hold it for long.

I hate them as much as anybody but I don't see any point in getting riled up over what I see as political theater and completely out of my control.

Politics is a game to me. Whatever the game throws my way, I try to plot a path to global domination.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Unlike a lot of folks on this site, I don’t fear Trump. He’s an obnoxious, uncouth idiot who doesn’t stand a chance of winning the presidency again regardless of the 1-6 hearings or anything else. I’m content to let the midterms play out, then see what they have to offer us as to fresh younger potential candidates. Besides, you throw Trump into jail, someone else will take his place. A Trump II or a Trump III, but the last name won’t be Trump. Trump II or Trump III won’t be an obnoxious, uncouth idiot. He’ll be much more tactful, more political attuned, present a pleasant personality, act presidential among other things. He won’t go around calling other names and throwing temper tantrums ALA Trump. He’ll be much harder to disliked, maybe even a smooth talker. Whoever he is, he’ll be much harder to beat.

What the Democrats fail to realize, independents were split on Trump’s policies. For some, against some. It wasn’t his policies that lost the election to Biden. It was Trump’s personality and his very unpresidential behavior. For most independents, 2020 had very little to do with policy or stances on the issues. It was all about Trump’s very distasteful personality, his childish antics like name calling and throwing temper tantrums along with his 3rd grade schoolyard bullying tactics. I’m amazed that most Democrats still think it was policy and their agenda that won the election, they couldn’t be more wrong. To prove that, all the Democrats must do is look at the down ballot results, they lost down ballot but won the presidency big.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Unlike a lot of folks on this site, I don’t fear Trump.
I don't fear Trump, I loathe and despise Trump. Big difference. What's to fear about an incompetent orange clown? Even his henchmen are incompetent.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
And that's why there is no need to worry about him. He'll get whatever is coming to him or he won't.

Democrats need to be thinking about the future. Because it's looking kind of bleak right now.

While everybody is patting themselves on the back for jailing Trump they're going to lose the WhiteHouse and see Trump pardoned by DeSantis.

1 member likes this: perotista
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
It’s very easy to see that happening Greger. Even if the Democrats luck out and keep the senate this November, they’ll probably lose it in 2024. The Democrats will have 23 seats to defend in 2024 vs 10 for the Republicans. 2024 could see a complete reversal of 2020 where the Republicans have the presidency, the senate and the house. This midterm is much more important in my opinion as to limiting the damage than nprosecuting Trump. Ponderer, Rick and Jeffrey may get everything they wish for this year, a jailed Trump, but have their world turned upside down in 2024.

I’m not predicting that, we first must get the midterms in the books as I have stated in the past, the results of this midterm will have a direct effect on 2024. Not only presidential, but in the house and senate races.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm actually predicting a DeSantis win in 2024. He's been a popular, successful governor, and just announced a $20 billion budget surplus. He's not connected to or endorsed by Donald Trump and had no connection to the Jan 6 insurrection.

A dynamic, charismatic democrat could defeat him.

We await our savior.

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
DeSantis defeated Trump in a recent New Hampshire poll.

“Veteran GOP pollster Frank Luntz said on Thursday that a recent New Hampshire poll showing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) narrowly edging out former President Trump indicates Republicans are saying “it’s time to move on” from Trump.”

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-pollster-frank-luntz-republicans-125353733.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

I also think Kemp has been an excellent governor for Georgia, he’ll have my vote in November. The fact Kemp is on Trump’s enemy list is a plus in my book.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There was a time when I might have voted to re-elect DeSantis. But then he set his sights on the presidency and the red meat baiting of the base began. I didn't say he was an excellent governor...but he's been successful governing Florida where Biden has failed at running the nation.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
DeSantis is polling +1 over Christ per 538.com.. DeSantis barely won over a bisexual Gamma-hydroxybutyrate taker in 2018.

If Ron loses re-election, his White House dream is bye-bye. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard