WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Yes, exactly. What major legislation did Trump and the Republicans push during the Trump presidency? Tax cuts, that’s about all I remember, nothing else. They did try to repeal the ACA, which failed big time because of the filibuster threat along with Trump not having anything to replace it. You’re correct, the GOP really doesn’t try to change anything or pass anything new, now repealing is a different story.

Many folks have their comfort zone, they develop a routine. They don’t want anything to take them out of their comfort zone or interrupting their routine that they become use to. Even if taking them out of their comfort zone or changing their routine makes for a better life for them, improves things overall.

I’m a lot like that myself. I sit here with a laptop with Windows 7 on it, I’m use to it, I know it, I don’t want to change it. Same for my cell phone, an old flip cell phone where one can only call in or out. Nothing fancy, but it works, I like it, I’m use to it, just leave it be. No smart phone for me. I’m used to these, so don’t make me change. If you make me change, I get mad as Hades at you for doing so. Just leave me alone, then I’m happy. I’ve been dealing and living with what I have for years, maybe decades. I know how to use them, what to expect, I have my routine, just don’t change anything, we’ll get along fine.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You might want to look at Consumer Cellular's cheap flip phone and monthly plans. I have a flip phone too, but I also get texts which is convenient for many web site logins. I get ATT as my service provider at $20 per month for unlimited minutes. As opposed to most smart phone users paying around $100 per month. I paid $30 for their phone at Target.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I got a used unlocked Samsung A51 from ebay for $300. It costs me $14 a month for unlimited phone and a half gig of cellular data. It bumps up to $28 If I use over a half gig.

I have a custom built desktop with 24 inch monitor. I run my entire life with it.

I'm not good with cell phones but a decent smart phone is nice to have. I used cheap Motorolas for years and never knew how much better life could be.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
The conservative Supreme Court Justices are asking state authorities to remove the demonstrators from outside their houses. They already asked the Marshalls, and they said these people where doing nothing illegal so they could not. Well, state and local governments can't either: There was a recent Supreme Court ruling that privacy is not a constitutional right, but Freedom of Speech certainly is. Especially political speech.

Those demonstrators are going to be out there every day, for the rest of their time on the court until they reconsider. Clients and workers at women's clinics have put up with demonstrators for the last 50 years. Let's see how the Justices like it.

1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
The justices should have to live in the same society they created when they wrecked havoc on with their rulings.

#NoJusticeNoPeace

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
They do...

What society do you think they live in?

Along and alongthe demonstrators will have other places they need to demonstrate, other folks they disagree with to harass, other headlines to chase. They will disperse...or the justices in question will go and stay at their townhouses in Maryland until the dust settles.

And it WILL settle.

Actual lawsuits will be winding their way up the judicial ladder as states push the envelope as far as possible. Overturning Roe wasn't the end of abortion in America. There is no federal prohibition.

You might have to drive across a state line now but I've done that to buy beer. It's not a huge obstacle.

And Congress is free at any time to write legislation codifying how far restrictions can go.

Just as they are free to impeach every SC Justice you tell them to in your sternly worded letters to them listing your demands.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
What society do you think they live in?.
One of rich white privilege that shields them from living like the rest of this as a result of their rulings.

#NoJusticeNoPeace

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
One of rich white privilege that shields them from living like the rest of this as a result of their rulings.

#NoJusticeNoPeace

I'm thinking a society built for rich white people has been under construction since before the founders ink dried.

But I'm a philosopher, not a partisan...

Inroads have been made into changing society slightly, there is finally some desire among white people to create a more egalitarian system. We have stopped massacreing the redskins, stopped enslaving the blacks, but white people are still running the world and most of them are rich.

Abort all the babies you want, that's not gonna change soon. Take away every gun in America and rich white people are still calling the shots. And are surrounded by armed guards...

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick

#NoJusticeNoPeace

I'm thinking a society built for rich white people has been under construction since before the founders ink dried.

But I'm a philosopher, not a partisan...

Inroads have been made into changing society slightly, there is finally some desire among white people to create a more egalitarian system. We have stopped massacreing the redskins, stopped enslaving the blacks, but white people are still running the world and most of them are rich.

Abort all the babies you want, that's not gonna change soon. Take away every gun in America and rich white people are still calling the shots. And are surrounded by armed guards...

Yabut soon those guards will be robotic, and that's not going to go down the way the rich whiteys think it will.
"Lunch?? Don't SERVANTS create lunch?"

[Linked Image from angryflower.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
So seems "Beer" Kavanaugh had to slip out the back door of a Morton's Steakhouse, due to all the Roe protestors out front. He's never going to have a moment of privacy in public, since the Courts ruling that privacy is not a constitutional right. It's been Hell for the health care workers and clients at women's clinics for the last 50 years, up to and including getting murdered. Now it's their turn.

Be careful what you wish for.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard