WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 27 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 26 27
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I've liked Fetterman since the first fundraising email I got from him!

I don't think I ever considered him a presidential possibility until you mentioned it. Then the heart attack happened...

But I'm not gonna look any dark horse democratic possibility in the mouth. We need new progressive blood in Washington and that's what he is. I suspect over the next few years we'll see more like him.

He may even be the beginning of a Pennsylvania that is trending Democratic...time will tell.

I sure wish Biden would announce his retirement at the end of this term. It would free up democrats to begin the discussion about who should replace him. The winnowing needs to begin early because Democrats need to make a wise choice.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
I've liked Fetterman since the first fundraising email I got from him!

I don't think I ever considered him a presidential possibility until you mentioned it. Then the heart attack happened...

But I'm not gonna look any dark horse democratic possibility in the mouth. We need new progressive blood in Washington and that's what he is. I suspect over the next few years we'll see more like him.

He may even be the beginning of a Pennsylvania that is trending Democratic...time will tell.

I sure wish Biden would announce his retirement at the end of this term. It would free up democrats to begin the discussion about who should replace him. The winnowing needs to begin early because Democrats need to make a wise choice.

It was a minor stroke, the kind that hit my own mother when she was in her fifties.
She made it to 92 without having another one until 90 years, another minor episode which they corrected with medication.

It was due to atrial fibrilation, and they gave him a pacemaker.

In other somewhat related news, Joe Manchin may not be kingmaker in West by God Vuhh-geen-yuh much longer.

And the first Generation Z Dems are now running for elected office and they don't G.A.F. about staying in the shadows and keeping their heads down.

The game is afoot.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
My mom had one in her 40s and lost the ability to speak or read. Then another in her 80s that eventually killed her. I take blood thinners for Factor 5, Fetterman shoulda been taking them for afib and is now, so he'll be okay.

I'm not worried about his health but about voter perception of his health. Voter perception is like the tide...it gets pulled one way or another by the gravity of propaganda.

Millennials and GenZ are the ones that are gonna save our Boomer asses from ourselves.

And the planet for themselves!

And just as you're going to see them harden Democratic attitudes toward a more egalitarian society you will also see a softening among Republicans against it.

Exciting times are coming. But Jesus what an ugly slog we've got coming up between now and then.

Ten years, Jeffery, ten ugly years before most of the Boomers are flushed out of the system.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
My mom had one in her 40s and lost the ability to speak or read. Then another in her 80s that eventually killed her. I take blood thinners for Factor 5, Fetterman shoulda been taking them for afib and is now, so he'll be okay.

I'm not worried about his health but about voter perception of his health. Voter perception is like the tide...it gets pulled one way or another by the gravity of propaganda.

Millennials and GenZ are the ones that are gonna save our Boomer asses from ourselves.

And the planet for themselves!

And just as you're going to see them harden Democratic attitudes toward a more egalitarian society you will also see a softening among Republicans against it.

Exciting times are coming. But Jesus what an ugly slog we've got coming up between now and then.

Ten years, Jeffery, ten ugly years before most of the Boomers are flushed out of the system.

That's really awful about your Mom, so sorry.
Mine, she was riding in my car, me being a relatively new driver and in the middle of the conversation her face drooped on one side and she started mumbling something unintelligible...like "So as I was saying Jeffery bluh bluh bluh brrrbl blob puuh zuuh..." etc.
And the look of fear on her face was unforgettable, she knew something had vapor locked.
I got to a corner, dashed to the payphone and got the paramedics and pulled into the parking lot and they were there in less than five minutes.

I was a teenager and not used to seeing my mother drool and babble incoherently while flailing one arm with a look of pure fear on her face.
But in 72 hours she was sitting up in her hospital room and conversing normally, much to everyone's relief. It was arterial fibrillation.

I'd never seen a person have a stroke before, I didn't know what to tell the 9-1-1 operator except that something was wrong with her and she couldn't talk or move one side of her face. They figured it out.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: Greger
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
How can Lindsey Graham say he's going to ignore a grand jury subpoena. I thought the DA can put you in jail for that until you talk. Am i wrong?

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Nine days from today, Trump has an under oath date with Letitia James. Fatboy is probably sweating like a whoar in church right about now.

smile

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
You know the saying that people who lie can't remember their lies?

In my quest to find out why Lindsey Graham won't testify under oath, the thinking is that he can't remember the lies he told Brad Raffensperger to try to throw out legitimate votes. The problem is the call was most likely recorded as Trump's call was.

If Lindsey Graham legitimately had a concern regarding the legality of ballots cast, he would remember the law that he cited, or the legal reasoning to have the votes tossed.

But when you pull things out of your derierre and make things up on the fly, you're not going to remember what you said.

In my opinion, THAT is why Lindsey Graham won't testify. smile

Honcho
old hand
Honcho
old hand
Sad to read about the family experiences with strokes. My mother suffered one when she fell at home about five years before she died and I had to put her in assisted living to have the around-the-clock care needed for her final years. When she died in 2012 at age 89, she often did not even know who I was but she did recognize me while I set up with her on her final night before she passed shortly before 5 a.m.

She, thankfully, did not see what has happened to the land she loved in the years that followed.

We can hope judgment is near for those who have tried to destroy America. It keeps me writing and hoping.

Let's hope we can see it through.

Doug

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
We have to hope that good triumphs over evil, Doug. Else what is there to keep us going?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Take it one logical step further: What Graham has to worry about is when he tells some BS under oath, and the recording shows that is a lie, he can be charged with perjury. And if he just takes the fifth, then his only "testimony" is the recording itself. So this is a perjury trap for him. And even if he has a pocket pardon from Trump, that does not protect him from crimes (like this perjury) that he did after Trump gave him the pardon. Even worse, from Trump's perspective, is if he pulls that pardon out of his butt then he can't plead the fifth for anything before the pardon. He either testifies (truth or perjury) or goes to jail for contempt.

If he wants to save his ass, his best play is to flip on Trump and get immunity in exchange for testimony about EVERYTHING. And immunity deals do require the witness to testify about everything the prosecutor cares to ask. Of course, maybe he's looking forward to some enjoyable times with cellmate buddies in prison.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
Page 6 of 27 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard