WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Murder again? What is this fascination with death? Your posts here might preclude you from buying firearms in some states with red-flag laws.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
L
veteran
veteran
L
I don't know why Kavanaugh is whining, he can always eat at a restaurant in another state.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by logtroll
I don't know why Kavanaugh is whining, he can always eat at a restaurant in another state.
The SCOTUS said there is no right to privacy in the constitution. So why should they have ANY privacy? I'm good with making their lives a living hell. They're doing it to us.

Which is worse? Being forced to leave Morton's before the crème brûlée arrives, or forcing a girl to have her father's baby when she's 10 years old? I'm sure the answer will come to us.

#NoJusticeNoPeace

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by logtroll

Exactly! He's an A-Lister now and the local pubs are off-limits without dark glasses and a fake mustache. Just like the local baby-vac clinics are off-limits to women in some states and just like you gotta cross state lines on a Sunday to get beer. You jump through whatever hoops you have to jump through to get what you want.

Whether it be beer creme brulee or an abortion.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Your posts here might preclude you from buying firearms in some states with red-flag laws.

My post was mentioning the abortion workers that have been murdered by anti-abortion zealots. Obviously, I think that's a bad thing. I don't think any anti-abortion person has ever been murdered by a pro-abortion person, although somebody did burn down one of those fake "pregnancy crisis centers". I really have no dog in this fight. I don't support murdering anybody, except maybe Hitler.

Any time I bring up murder or assassination, it's always in the context of what zealots might do when they see no other solution. This is why people in power should think about what happens to other people as the result of their decisions. As your decisions get more outrageous and affect more people, the odds of somebody killing you go up. Think about the first American colonists to kill British soldiers: What motivated them? Taxation with out representation? Seems pretty mild compared to some of the stuff going on now.

I read today about a group that will pay $50 for a report one of the conservative Supreme Court justices is sighted in public. Or $200 if they are still there 30 minutes later. Some Morton's Steakhouse worker got $200 for reporting Kavanaugh. If they just go there and protest, that's perfectly legal and fine with me. A recent Supreme Court ruling said privacy is not a constitutional right, but Freedom of Speech certainly is. If some misguided person uses that to assassinate one of them, that's very bad and I will support arrest, conviction, and punishment.

Those six have painted targets on their backs. Good luck to them.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Just stop posting about assassinating people.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
They do...

What society do you think they live in?
They live in an ideological bubble divorced from the reality of the rest of the country.

But, occasionally the real world intrudes into that bubble, and they whine about it, although they are the very ones thinning the bubble itself. Did anyone see Pete Buttigieg's takedown of the Fox reporter's effort to pose a "gotcha" question. It was marvelous. Pete Buttigieg HUMILIATES Fox News Host with EPIC Response on Live TV

Last edited by NW Ponderer; 07/11/22 07:16 PM.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
...Did anyone see Pete Buttigieg's takedown of the Fox reporter's effort to pose a "gotcha" question. It was marvelous. Pete Buttigieg HUMILIATES Fox News Host with EPIC Response on Live TV
Yes, I mentioned it on the Round Table yesterday. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Buttigieg might be the fresh face Dem's are looking for. He's a good communicator and I think fully encompasses what Democrats need to defeat DeSantis.

Harris hasn't humiliated anybody but herself.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
They live in an ideological bubble divorced from the reality of the rest of the country.

These are supreme court justices, not wacko right-wingers glued to FOX news for their facts.

Former judges, well educated, well-traveled and well-read. Catholics...indoctrinated against divorce, birth control, and abortions. Constitutionalists who thought Roe was bad precedent.

I suggest that partisans on both sides live in ideological bubbles divorced from the rest of the country. The calls for mass migrations, civil wars, assassinations, hangings, and firing squads from Democrats don't offer much proof against it.

Either you're willing to compromise with the half of America you think is divorced from you or you are also divorced from them.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard