WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
They live in an ideological bubble divorced from the reality of the rest of the country.

These are supreme court justices, not wacko right-wingers glued to FOX news for their facts.
Have you met Justice Thomas' wife, Ginny? crazy

Contrarian, extraordinaire

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
These are supreme court justices, not wacko right-wingers glued to FOX news for their facts.

Sorry but that IS exactly WHAT some of them ARE glued to because as we now know, the conspiracy theories that Clarence Thomas believes in ARE the ones advanced by Fox News.
I'm not going to pretend that these are noble gods walking the Earth and gracing us with the gift of their presence when talk of pubic hairs on cans of Coke and Long Dong Silver were part of the dialogue PRIOR to donning those long black robes.

These are fallible, and apparently very malleable human beings who are demonstrating a far greater degree of fallibility than at almost any other time in our country's history.

Please give a rest to the "nothing to see here, move along folks" trope.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
>Just stop posting about assassinating people.

Again you are implying that I am promoting assassination. That is slanderous. I never have done that. All I have done is to say that there are millions of people in the US and some of them are going to pissed off when one (or 6) people decide they no longer have a constitutional right to privacy. Some are going to be pissed off enough to go to protests every day. A few might even be unhinged and pissed off enough to do something criminal. Trump certainly found about a thousand who were ready to assassinate the Vice President. So I think 1000 out of 330 million is a good estimate of the number of potential assassins.

My actual point is that judges (especially Supreme Court justices) really need to think about how their rulings will affect people. Here is a Slate article that supports that opinion:

Amy Coney Barrett is in over her Head

From Day One, Barrett has approached this job as an academic. She treats cases like intriguing thought experiments rather than disputes between real people with life-and-death consequences. Her worst questions, like the “safe haven” disaster, sound like a parlor game. It’s easy to envision Barrett probing a student with such a question in an effort to test the strength of their argument. At oral arguments, though, it sounded like a callous minimization of the devastating burdens imposed by pregnancy.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
My actual point is that judges (especially Supreme Court justices) really need to think about how their rulings will affect people.

I understood.
Further to that line of thought, if the insurrectionists actually believe the foolhardy notion that they're going to successfully overturn an election, or in this case, another FUTURE election, they need to stop, sit down, and consider the consequences of their actions, because it's one thing for a mangy dog to chase a car, another thing altogether to figure out what to do with the car once you actually catch it.

"General Bannon" and "Fieldmarshal Roger Stone" don't seem to have all their marbles and Adjutant Reichsinspekteur Stewart Rhodes isn't capable of leading a functioning army to defend their insurrection once it achieves revolutionary status because simply put, none of them have the hearts and minds of a significant majority of Americans.

It's one thing to wave a Trump flag and yell "Let's go Brandon", another thing altogether to actually run the day to day affairs of the world's richest superpower. Meal Team Six, Oath Smellers and the Proud Boys don't pack the gear they THINK they're packing.

If any of these clowns had attempted to pull a stunt like this in the early nineteenth century, in the wake of the British Army storming Washington, they would have all been "hanged by the neck until dead" in Lafayette Square.

And it's crystal clear that six people in black robes are demonstrating an awful lot of sympathy for the insurrection.

deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Honcho
old hand
Honcho
old hand
I knew Stone during our time in Washington. He was a GOP consultant who took no prisoners and the firm -- Black, Manafort & Stone charged high dollar for their services. Paul Manafort was considered the sleaziest of the bunch while Charlie Black was someone you could work with. During by black sabbatical days as a political operative, Charlie asked me to join the firm. Glad I didn't.

At his height, Stone had a plane, a seagoing boat and several homes but lost the plane, boat and one of the homes in a nasty divorce. Afterwards, his comment was "from this point forward, it is flies, floats or f---s, it is better to rent."

Doug

Last edited by Doug Thompson; 07/14/22 05:48 AM.

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
2 members like this: Jeffery J. Haas, pdx rick
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I think it did all start with Cliven Bundy. Feds should have "Wacoed" his ass. Then the bird sanctuary occupation fiasco. Right-wing extremists learned pretty quickly that the feds would do very little to stop them, as long as they claimed all their crimes were political expression. January 6th is the direct result. And the Justice Department's "slow walk" is not helping teach them a different lesson. The Department doesn't like to act near elections, but if they end up convicting elected people, that's really going to be disruptive. Far better to do that before the election so folks can vote for people who will not be going to prison.

We also need several judge dismissals, to fire some vandals installed in lifetime appointments. Article III states that these judges “hold their office during good behavior” . Getting charged and convicted of a felony is NOT good behavior, and we need to remove them.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
2 members like this: pdx rick, Jeffery J. Haas
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
I think it did all start with Cliven Bundy. Feds should have "Wacoed" his ass. Then the bird sanctuary occupation fiasco. Right-wing extremists learned pretty quickly that the feds would do very little to stop them, as long as they claimed all their crimes were political expression. January 6th is the direct result. And the Justice Department's "slow walk" is not helping teach them a different lesson. The Department doesn't like to act near elections, but if they end up convicting elected people, that's really going to be disruptive. Far better to do that before the election so folks can vote for people who will not be going to prison.

We also need several judge dismissals, to fire some vandals installed in lifetime appointments. Article III states that these judges “hold their office during good behavior” . Getting charged and convicted of a felony is NOT good behavior, and we need to remove them.

Every single accusation of Fed overreach turns out to be cases where the Feds went to confront violent anti-government white supremacists and molester cult leaders.

Koresh was a child molester who thought he was God walking the Earth. Cliven Bundy is a white supremacist anti-government SovCit who doesn't think our laws apply to him. Randy Weaver was a vehemently anti-government white supremacist with an obsession on race war that rivaled The Turner Diaries.

Of the handful of Branch Davidian survivors only TWO have doubts about David Koresh, while the rest of the survivors now view him as a martyr and await his triumphant return.
I have ZERO sympathy for ANY of the people targeted by the Feds in these raids and I have even less for the militia types now threatening us with civil war. They've been allowed to use the deaths of their fellow supremacists as ISIS style casus belli for further radicalization and we've just stood by thinking maybe we were a little harsh.

We weren't harsh enough. And now we're looking at the monster our poor judgment created.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Have you met Justice Thomas' wife, Ginny?

No I haven't, have you? And is she a Supreme Court Justice or just the spouse of one? I haven't met any of the justices or their wives nor am I aware of what news they consume regularly. I'll admit she seems a little dodgy but she's quite the trophy wife for an old black judge.

They are conservatives and they espouse conservative beliefs. Why must they be "traitors" because they disagree with you over the viability and personhood of a fetus?

Is that how democracy works? Vote like I vote or you're a traitor to this nation? Agree with me or it's treason and you deserve to hang? Of course not. Is everyone who votes against you some sort of sworn enemy, so far beneath you that he deserves only scorn? That's certainly how it looks on the surface. From both sides.

Democratic refusal to accept the votes on the abortion ruling are different from Republicans who didn't accept Trump's defeat how? A vote's a vote. You take your whipping and try to overcome it next time.

Democrats had 53 years to codify abortion rights. They never even tried.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
They are conservatives and they espouse conservative beliefs. Why must they be "traitors" because they disagree with you over the viability and personhood of a fetus?
Democrats had 53 years to codify abortion rights. They never even tried.

Fifty three years to codify abortion rights when the continual drumbeat kept saying "settled law settled law settled law".
Sounds like anyone in Congress who would try would be told they're a solution in search of a problem.

No, Ginni isn't a traitor because someone disagrees with her conservatism, she's a traitor because she aided and abetted insurrectionists and all but set the table for them. But if it makes you feel better to run around yelling "Is that how democracy works? Vote like I vote or you're a traitor to this nation? Agree with me or it's treason and you deserve to hang?" there's not much anyone can do to stop you.

It's remarkable that you refuse to acknowledge that she gave aid and comfort to Oath Smellers and Proud Cucks.

PS: I guarantee you that abortion WILL however BE codified into law now, even if it takes spilling of blood to get there.
And along the way, "helpful" people will be there to yell that we're exaggerating.

deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Have you met Justice Thomas' wife, Ginny?

No I haven't, have you?.
I've read about her. She's a doozy. crazy

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard