WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
via Washington Post

On the campaign trail, many Republicans talk of violence

[The] argument has been dramatized in ads that, for instance, show one armed candidate appearing to charge into the home of a political enemy, and another warning of “the mob” that threatens ordinary Americans. In many cases the candidates are brandishing firearms while threatening harm to liberals or other enemies.

In central Florida, U.S. Army veteran Cory Mills has run ads about his company selling tear gas that was used to quell riots in 2020. “You may have seen some of our work,” he says, introducing a montage of what are labeled “antifa,” “radical left” and “Black Lives Matter” protesters running from the gas.

In northwest Ohio, a campaign video for Republican congressional nominee J.R. Majewski shows him walking through a dilapidated factory, holding a semiautomatic weapon, warning that Democrats will “destroy our economy” with purposefully bad policies.

In Missouri, Republican Senate candidate Eric Greitens has issued two ads this summer in which he holds or fires weapons, vowing to go “RINO hunting” — for “Republicans in name only” — in one ad and targeting the “political establishment” in the second.

The arrests of hundreds of rioters who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, has frequently been cited by Republican candidates as proof of a government war on its people.

In early July, at a town hall meeting in southwest Washington state, Republican congressional hopeful Joe Kent told his audience that the “phony riot” on Jan. 6 was being “weaponized against anybody who dissents against what the government is telling us,” from parents angry about public school education to people who had questioned the outcome of the 2020 election.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
We can only hope that Republicans will go on another violent rampage.

Remember how Jan 6 turned out for them?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Intelligence analyst Malcolm Nance told Salon.com the "attack on the Capitol was really a template for the right-wing to do it correctly next time."

Nance is right. Trump is encouraging his supporters to be at the ready should he call for violence again. I'll go with the intelligence analyst on this one. smile

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
...from the Salon link above:

The assault on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, by thousands of Trump's armed followers, including right-wing paramilitaries, was a key part of the coup plot. Trump's mob was not "random" or "hapless" or "unarmed" or "uncoordinated" as too many observers in the mainstream news media and elsewhere have long insisted. Some were armed with lethal weapons including pistols and assault rifles. Their goals were clear: Keep Donald Trump in power at any cost, in defiance of the will of the American people. Their methods were obvious: Use any means necessary, up to and including lethal violence, to stop the certification of the 2020 election.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
...from the Salon link above:

The assault on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, by thousands of Trump's armed followers, including right-wing paramilitaries, was a key part of the coup plot. Trump's mob was not "random" or "hapless" or "unarmed" or "uncoordinated" as too many observers in the mainstream news media and elsewhere have long insisted. Some were armed with lethal weapons including pistols and assault rifles. Their goals were clear: Keep Donald Trump in power at any cost, in defiance of the will of the American people. Their methods were obvious: Use any means necessary, up to and including lethal violence, to stop the certification of the 2020 election.

Oh harumph Rick, there you go engaging in hyperbole again. These are just upset patriots and you should accept Ron DeSantis as your next president. The Democrats are done, and you know that. Move along, nothing to see here. Get off my lawn.

[Linked Image from s3.amazonaws.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Are you pretending to be me again, Jeff? Why? Don't you have anything intelligent to write as yourself?

Or must you build another straw man with words I never said? Under the guise of "sarcasm".

Why not just stick to the discussion without inserting your own sarcastic interpretations of what other people say? Why make sh*t up? Why belittle other posters because they don't buy into the same propaganda you do?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
Are you pretending to be me again, Jeff? Why? Don't you have anything intelligent to write as yourself?

Or must you build another straw man with words I never said? Under the guise of "sarcasm".

Why not just stick to the discussion without inserting your own sarcastic interpretations of what other people say? Why make sh*t up? Why belittle other posters because they don't buy into the same propaganda you do?

Mark I am amused that you think this is you when in reality it is almost every generic response by almost every generic Republican I'm seeing in almost every forum I drop in on.
So you're in good company, there are a lot of you out there.
There's even another one here on CHB, says much the same thing..."Oh pshaw you're exaggerating".

There's a well worn saying about how the road to fascism is lined with people who will try to convince you that you're exaggerating.
And in point of fact, it's a true saying, because in point of fact, you happen to BE one of those people who always accuses others of exaggerating. Sorry if that upsets you.

Any other questions? Am I allowed to have an opinion here or is that now frowned upon?

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Civil war --- keep scrolling because this is an entire THREAD full of threats, not just one.

https://twitter.com/LivingBlueTX/status/1557138184563314690

deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Oh Jeff! Rwingers are good and decent people - just because they think differently from you? Why are you bringing hate to Reader Rant?

crazy

/snark

Your example simply shows that mental illness is rampant in the United States. Their paranoia is simply the most obvious sign.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So what's your goal? To hate them out of existence? If you say enough bad things, will it make them go away. How many do you need to lock up before they start voting for your candidate?

The deal is...you either co-exist or you cease to exist.

Because once you declare yourselves the ubemenschen and them neither good nor decent human beings...then you have entered into a realm of hatred that defies reason or logic.

They don't think differently from you...they vote differently. Their representatives vote differently from your representatives.

Voting differently from you doesn't make them traitors to their nation.

It makes them participating in democracy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard