WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 86 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 85 86
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Whether Joe has low approval ratings or not, i like NOT having an internet troll for a POTUS. smile
I find it very refreshing not to have to hear on the news all of Trump’s twitter barrage. He ran government by twitter it seems. I may be a swing voter, but I’m not disappointed in Biden, I never expected him to do much if anything. He had one purpose in life, to beat Trump. Mission accomplished as far as I’m concerned. Biden was, is a transition president between Trump and whoever comes next.

I also don't think independents, as in mass has deserted him. If they had you'd be looking at a red wave this midterm. Most independents wanted Trump defeated, so they voted against Trump, but not necessarilly for Biden. I think this get lost on the Democrats. But I've harped on it quite a lot. The Democrats won the presidential in 2020, but lost the down ballot offices. That is a political reality.

I believe if one looks at independents, they still like Biden as a person, they still dislike Trump as a person and that is what preventing a red wave. Most folks laugh at me when I talke likes and dislikes, favorable and unfavorable opinions of the candidates. Gallup and Pew research began keeping track of this beginning with Truman. In every presidential election held since 1948, the candidate with the highest favorable rating, the candidate liked the most won the presidency with the lone exception of 2016. Trump had a 36% favorable to Clinton's 38% favorable, Trump won. But a caveat should be given as Clinton won the popular vote.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
While the Republican poll numbers haven't moved much in response to the January 6th hearings, opinion among Independents has shifted. And there can be little doubt that the ceaseless drumbeat of criticism from [Trump's] own former staff and appointees as shown in the hearings has contributed to the Trump fatigue. Having to defend his actions against these accusations from fellow Republicans — members of his own White House — causes uncomfortable emotional dissonance and even his stalwart supporters are feeling the weight of it.

- Salon.com

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
This is about Arizona, but I think applies all over the good old USA. Basically, elections are about the future, not the past.

Psst, candidates: Voters are tired of hearing about Trump and the 2020 election

https://www.yahoo.com/news/psst-candidates-voters-tired-hearing-130016418.html

From the article.

“Nationally, Democrats have fallen into this trap with their endless hearings on Jan. 6. Finding out the facts about that ugly day is a net benefit, but it won’t change the midterms one bit. Voters will base their choice on their lives in November 2022, not something that happened two years ago on the other side of the country.

In the same way, Arizonans are concerned with today’s problems and future solutions, not Donald Trump’s narrow loss of the state in 2020.”

You could take Arizonans and replace them with Georgians, Pennsylvanians, Ohioans, Nevadans or any other close state for the races for senators and governors.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
“Nationally, Democrats have fallen into this trap with their endless hearings on Jan. 6. Finding out the facts about that ugly day is a net benefit, but it won’t change the midterms one bit. Voters will base their choice on their lives in November 2022, not something that happened two years ago on the other side of the country."
No, the hearings won't be over until every last Trump coup planner is jailed or imprisoned. We now find out that the two DHS officials deleted their J5 and J6 texts as well.

The J6 committee is now moving into the coverup phase of Trump's attempted coup.

If some Americans are tired of the hearings, eff them - no one is forcing them to learn, read, or hear about Trump's attempted coup. These people are just as guilty of aiding Trump's coup by turning a blind eye. mad

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
enthusiast
enthusiast
If the Democrats don’t retain control of the house, the hearings will end on 3 Jan 2023 at the latest if not before. I also think inflation, the economy, things that affect people’s daily lives today will have more of an effect on how they vote than something that happened over a year and a half ago. Of course, that’s just my opinion. I also think that both parties living in the past makes this year’s midterms very unique. Living in the past has thrown out historical norms and standards, tradition and wisdom. Neither party is talking about the future which I think is what voters, especially independents want to hear. Republicans and Democrats, no, they’re going to vote for their candidates whether they’re living in the past or have an eye on the future.

All of this has made this midterm a fascinating one. I’m loving every minute of it.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
We're being told that we should not be living in the past worrying about stuff that happened on the other side of the country a year ago but it seems a lot of Republicans can't let go of Benghazi, emails, Hunter Biden's laptop and the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
We're also hearing a lot of screeching about gas prices which are beyond control of any president but we're told voters don't care about that fact, so it matters anyway, and that's how it should be preserved because feelings trump facts.
We're also being told that an attempt to overthrow a government isn't important...fascism isn't so bad.

Republicans who deny the 2020 election results have now moved closer to overseeing the voting process in five different states.
Arizona could become No. 6 on Tuesday, when GOP voters there will decide in that state's primary whether they want to nominate one of the two election deniers running for secretary of state. But that doesn't matter either, so we're told.

If all this is really true, we're well and truly f****.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
We're being told that we should not be living in the past worrying about stuff that happened...
Bamz did that with W Bush's and Cheney's Iraq war crimes.

#NeverAgain

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
...the withdrawal from Afghanistan.
The withdrawal is what Pompeo negotiated and Trump signed. Those negations included the release of 5,000 Taliban bad guys. Gee, I wonder why Afghanistan fell so quickly?!? It couldn't be that 5,000 Taliban bad guys were released, could it? crazy

enthusiast
enthusiast
Jeffrey, if you paid attention the article hit both parties about living in the past. I agree with the notion that it is issues and stuff that affect us today that has priority over either 1-6 or the 2020 election. Apparently most here on this site disagree with me on that. Most think 1-6 is the most important issue that will decide how folks vote this November. I think it’s the economy, inflation. You’re not being told anything, just being informed about how folks think about the 2020 election and 1-6 according to the numbers. People are tired of hearing about the stolen election and about Trump. Both parties are living in the past. I also stated that.

I’m also the type that doesn’t worry about things I have no control over or can’t help. Arizona is going to do what Arizona is going to do whether I wring my hands and fret like Hades over it, get a few ulcers or just wait and see what happens. I live in Georgia; I can’t vote in Arizona or any of these other states. If the Republicans want to nominate some odd ball nuts in Arizona, so be it. Chances are they’ll be defeated in the general. Mark Kelly is as of today approximately a 2-1 favorite to win Arizona’s senate seat. Katie Hobbs is at 3-2 for the governorship. Lake and Masters, if they win the GOP primary, it looks like they will, they are the poorest or worst candidates the republicans could choose for the general election. If I were a democrat living in Arizona, I’d want those two to be the GOP nominees, that would give the democrats a better chance of winning in November than some sane candidate.

But if you and others want to fret and worry, be my guest.

Page 8 of 86 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard