Originally Posted by perotista
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by perotista
You can see the third-party vote actually helped Clinton in 2016. It’s an old wife’s tale about third party vote always helping the GOP.

One instance in...how many?
Nope sorry, doesn't change the fact that well over ninety percent of the time third party candidates siphon off votes to the benefit of Republicans.
One outlier does not a liar make.

You'd have to reach all the way back to the Bull Moose Party to find another.
But...tell ya what...if Trump runs as a third party candidate I may be proven wrong again.

Actually, I gave you two recent examples, Clinton benefiting from third party voting in 2016 and Warnock benefitting from third party voting in 2020. With out the Libertarian candidate drawing 2.6% of the vote, Perdue would have won as I showed you. Now if you’re only talking Presidential, there’s been others. But the third-party vote didn’t change the outcome. Like in 2016, Clinton benefited, but still lost.

Johnson Libertarian took some 1.3 million votes from Romney while Stein took 470,000 from Obama in 2012. Once again, the Democrat benefited more. Perot drew 25% of his vote total from Republicans along with 20% from Democrats, he helped Bill Clinton win. Anderson in 1980 took votes from Reagan, but Reagan won anyway. But if you want to believe that third party voters always help elect Republicans, feel free to do so. But you’d be wrong.

James Carville said it clearly:"Ralph Nader basically elected GWB in 2000. Jill Stein basically elected Trump in 2016."
In PA,WI &MI Hillary lost by a mere 77k votes;there were 800k 3rd party votes in PA,WI & MI.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com