WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 86 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 85 86
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by perotista
...You can either like the cold hard numbers, disliked them, toss them out the window or do whatever floats your boat with them...
One of us is going to be correct in a few months. From what I am reading, it will most likely be me. smile

So what are you reading that forecasts Democrats holding the house? If what you are reading and what you are writing are similar then I suggest you review your sources.

Republican men don't typically beat their liberal wives and force them to vote against their will...in numbers great enough to affect an election. I'm not saying Republican men don't all beat their wives, I'm just saying they don't marry liberals.

Perhaps you could link me to whatever you're reading that supports such claptrap?

I think we already have ten bucks on this but I will happily make it a C-note.

House will fall, Senate will stand. Loser pushes the Donate button to pay up.

A sixteen-seat loss is the best they could hope for if the election was held today.

It's 100 days until the election,

Last edited by Greger; 08/01/22 02:16 PM.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
...Republican men don't typically beat their liberal wives...
That's the thing...the husbands don't know their wives are closet Liberals. The husbands think they're conservatives. Ergo the closeted remark.

At any rate, everything is speculation until it happens.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
We haven’t looked at governorship races. Republicans hold a 27-23 advantage today. Republican held Massachusetts and Maryland are guaranteed to be Democratic pickups. Republican Arizona is likely to go to Democratic for Hobbs depending on whether Lake is the GOP nominee or not. GOP held Georgia leans Republican, Kemp over Abrams. That’s should be 3 governorships the Democrat pickup this November with Georgia being a possible 4th.

But on the Democratic side, Democratic held Kansas, Nevada, Wisconsin lean Democratic, Pennsylvania is likely Democratic as Shapiro has an 8-point lead which borders on solid. Chances are we’re looking at the Democrats picking up 3-4 governorships this November if these numbers hold. That would give the Democrats a 26-24 advantage, perhaps a 27-23 edge depending on Georgia. But keep an eye on Kansas, Nevada and Wisconsin, all democratic held governors, all lean democratic which means these 3 races are competitive with the democrat having a slight advantage. Trump has been a big help for the democrats in the governor’s races, his endorsed candidates make very poor general election candidates. Makes me wonder who’s side Trump is on?

No change in the house or senate, 18-20 GOP gain in the house, a 1 seat gain in the senate for the democrats.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

That story about liberal women marrying conservative men isn't speculation, Rick, it's pure fiction.

Do you even know any women? They aren't well known for keeping their opinions to themselves.

Pero! That's excellent news about the governorships! I had no idea...

enthusiast
enthusiast

That story about liberal women marrying conservative men isn't speculation, Rick, it's pure fiction.

Do you even know any women? They aren't well known for keeping their opinions to themselves.

Pero! That's excellent news about the governorships! I had no idea...
I usually don’t do governorships. But I read an article that piqued my interest. So, I took a gander. I firmly believe that with Trump endorsing and the Republicans going along with his lousy general election candidates, the senate and governor races would be different if the GOP hadn't gone along with their grand poobah choices. It pays to have the head of a party with a ton of pull bent on revenge instead of winning elections. Winning the general election that is. The Democrats can rack in the dividends of Trump’s revenge choices.

Last edited by perotista; 08/02/22 01:02 AM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
538 now has the Dems taking the Senate. Those of us with common sense knew that would happen back February when we saw the quality of candidates the Rs were running.

Tonight, hopefully a lot of Trump Rs will win their primaries - so they can be defeated in the general in November. smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There's never been any doubt about the Senate, Rick. It's the House that's going to fall.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
There's never been any doubt about the Senate, Rick. It's the House that's going to fall.
Let's see how the five primaries shake out tonight regarding the House. smile

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Trump announced his thoughts on the Missouri Senate contest Monday night, he called for the election of “a MAGA Champion and True Warrior to the U.S. Senate.” Wife and child beater (allegedly!) Trump endorsed Eric Greitens lost his primary bid to represent Missouri in the Senate. smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Missouri has been rated solid Republican. With Greitens loss, it will remain that way. No chance for the Democrat to win in Missouri.

Page 11 of 86 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard