DeSantis is peaking too soon as well, just as Scott Walker did in 2015.

It could happen. But his star could just continue to rise. He is the assumed candidate if Trump doesn't run. Pence seems to be shaping up as the most likely to oppose him and Trump, if he runs, in the Republican primaries.

The betting window hasn't opened on that one yet, but of the three, Trump is more likely to flame out than the others.

I would register Republican just to vote against him and many other independents would too. I'd vote for Pence.

DeSantis will win. That's my official prediction for the Reep nomination. I think it's gonna be a small primary because few dare to run against Trump. I see a dark horse, maybe two but not the twenty-some we've seen lately.

Democrats are keeping their cards hidden. Andrew Yang is making a stab at a third "moderate" party that seems destined not even to steal votes from the Dems. Everybody knows/hopes Biden won't run but they've got to steer the boat right now and let their handling of it be their best campaign asset.

Buttigieg is my fave, Jeff likes Fetterman, Pero likes Duckworth, and you mentioned Newsom.

So there are hopeful attractive candidates available who could all beat DeSantis.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...