For the Democrats to retain control of the house they need to up their safe seats and cut down on their at risk, competitive, switchable seats which now stands at 179 Democratic safe seats with 42 currently held Democratic house seats in the at risk, switchable category vs.200 safe seats for the GOP with 14 seats in the at risk, switchable column.

Don’t confuse district by district vs. the nationwide generic congressional ballot numbers. The generic congressional ballot numbers are nationwide and have nothing to do with district by district. Until I see the number of safe democratic house seats rise and their number of at risk, switchable seats decline, I’m not going to get excited about the chances of the Democrats retaining control of the house. These are pure hard cold numbers I’m talking about.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.