WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
Originally Posted by Greger
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no charges are likely to stem from the raid.
I totally agree. And I'll even go further out on that limb and say that not only will he not be charged with anything stemming from this search, but he will not be criminally charged with anything - period!

I think the most that might happen to him may be some kind of civil charges, where he can buy his way out of any jail time, but I won't even hold my breath for that.

Donald Trump is still above the criminal law, and I believe always will be!

In the event that I am wrong and he were to be criminally convicted, he will never spend a day incarcerated. But, if such an event should occur, it would not surprise me in the least, if President Biden would pardon him.

Good doesn't always win!
K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
Another factor that has me leaning towards no convictions on anything is the MAGA base.

What kind of war would it start if Mr. Trump were convicted for anything? Are those that might be looking at prosecution taking that into consideration?

I could see that he would not be charged because they don't want to start a civil war.

Good doesn't always win!
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Fox News this morning allowed Sean Duffy to go on and tell its viewers that Trump can simply declare classified docs and say they're unclassified - much like what misinformation Kash Patel is pushing.

Like a good Rwing propagandist, Sean invoked "Hillary's server." Hillary had docs that we legitimately declassified. I'm sick-and-tired of hearing the Rwing invoke Hillary's arrogance. Yes Hillary was arrogant to be running her own server in her home. with government documents on it. The Rwing will also say they get a pass because of what Hillary Clinton did.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
For the record, Sections 1519 and 2071 of Title 18 of the United States Code - make the taking or concealment of government records a crime regardless of whether they had anything to do with national security OR he had them declassified.

The DoJ is not saying that Trump took classified docs, they're saying he took docs he had not right to take as a private citizen which he became on January 20, 2021 at noon.

It's looking more and more like he also gave up the ID's of countless intel partners, spies, spooks, operatives, and has apparently shared our deepest darkest secrets as leverage. He's acting like a narcissistic abusive spouse drunk on power and in some countries, if he’s a jilted lover.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Our government is not afraid what what deranged Rwingers with AR-15s will do if Trump is indicted and convicted. If Rwingers want a Ruby Ridge, ID or Waco, TX on a grander scale - so be it.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Kaine
Another factor that has me leaning towards no convictions on anything is the MAGA base.

What kind of war would it start if Mr. Trump were convicted for anything? Are those that might be looking at prosecution taking that into consideration?

I could see that he would not be charged because they don't want to start a civil war.

Enough with the hand-wringing.
If Trump is convicted, there will be a war.
If he's not convicted, there will be a war.
It doesn't matter, because if he skates, it grants license and if he is convicted, it's a casus belli.

Don't think for a moment that preparations for war have all been set aside. They haven't.
These aren't Tea Party Boomers, these are pissed off Gen-Xers and Millennials. They paid for their little fascist high school prom, they got to "First Base" on January 6 and they're not stopping till they get their fascist edgelord fantasies fulfilled one way or another.

No, not a war like 1861 with secessions, borders, armies.
Think more along the lines of steadily increasing random domestic violence, like The Troubles in Northern Ireland.

History shows what happens if we soft pedal the response. We know what happened eighty years ago.
We also know that other countries have resorted to extraordinary responses when evil makes extraordinary leaps ahead of ordinary justice.

This is a time for choosing.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Kaine
Originally Posted by Greger
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no charges are likely to stem from the raid.
I totally agree. And I'll even go further out on that limb and say that not only will he not be charged with anything stemming from this search, but he will not be criminally charged with anything - period!

I think the most that might happen to him may be some kind of civil charges, where he can buy his way out of any jail time, but I won't even hold my breath for that.

Donald Trump is still above the criminal law, and I believe always will be!

In the event that I am wrong and he were to be criminally convicted, he will never spend a day incarcerated. But, if such an event should occur, it would not surprise me in the least, if President Biden would pardon him.

If you're right then we might as well just crown him King right now because the country you grew up in will cease to exist.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Trump appointed U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon's order granting Trump his "Special Master":
'The court hereby provides notice of its preliminary intent to appoint a special master in this case."
The problem with this is that Judge Cannon ruled the "tentative ruling" before both parties have been heard - she only heard from Trump's team! What a clown!

Neither Trump nor his appointees are stellar thinkers. crazy

It's as if only listening to one party can eliminate any need to exercise judgement. Appreantly, that's why Trump judges don't need to know or understand the law.

This "judge" needs to be removed from the bench and humiliated. mad

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
What kind of war would it start if Mr. Trump were convicted for anything?

Not much of one, but there would be some political blowback...A Ron Desantis presidency might be part of it.

Despite overall appearances, Trump's day is over. But he has attained hero status among Republicans in general because the economy performed well during his tenure. I personally credit the Obama administration for the economy he enjoyed and blame him for the mess we are currently in.

Policies matter.

But I don't think there would be much in the way of violence even if Trump went to jail.

There is a school of thought that maintains the only course to a second Trump presidency would be if charges were brought against Trump for serious crimes and he was acquitted in a criminal court.

That's the conundrum facing Merrick Garland.

That Trump be publicly vindicated.

For Republicans and the Magaverse to be proven right in a court of law.

To Democrats, it would be as devastating as Clinton's loss to Trump in 2016.

And likely sweep Trump back in for a second term.

I'm not sure I buy into it but it's a possibility that has to be considered by those who are more than keyboard warriors.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
A jury of Trump’s peers would find him guilty. A jury made up of residence of “The Village” retirement community in Florida, probably would not find Trump guilty.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard