You've been told that abortion isn't going to change the loss of the House.

That Remains true.

Republicans running on the supposed "bad economy" are somewhat stymied by the fact that everyone has a job and plenty of money.

The biggest problem is that they are emptying the shelves faster than they can be refilled. Which causes prices to go up. Supply and demand as defined in every textbook.

Abortion, on the other hand, is a hot-button item and some Democrat somewhere just defeated his opponent in a bellwether race which bodes well for other Democrats elsewhere.

Republicans are now addressing the issue so they are better prepared to defend against it next time.

Pretty simple strategy.

We'd have to ask Pero, but I think about 4% of independent voters feel very strongly about abortion. That's a huge number. Seriously, seriously huge.

What spells success in today's political world is the ability to get independent voters off their couches to participate in the election rather than sitting home and watching the results on their phones.

Don't ever stop being hopeful, Rick. Some unforeseen event or series of events may occur before November to sway the election our way (plenty already have, including abortion).

I stand before you, not as an opponent, but as the cold hard truth. Political reality. The very best you can hope for is a loss of 15 seats. And that will be a historic victory.

**edit** I swear to god I typed those same words months ago and nothing has really changed.

Last edited by Greger; 08/29/22 03:24 PM.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...