WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
Originally Posted by Greger
Most of the seats in congress will remain exactly as they are, only a handful will flip. Many of them due to retirements.

Dems will make gains in the senate, Reeps in the House...it's stupid simple day-in-day-out politics.

That's fine and dandy, but what about the other races.

Governors, attorney generals etc.?
There are Trump supporters in those races too. If elected, they will be in a place to make differences in the 2024 elections. Just think what we might have today if some of these folks were in position in 2020? Perhaps the insurrection would not have failed, but would have succeeded, legally.

I've got to tell you Gregor, I think you are the most optimistic person I know. Just saying - nothing wrong with that.

Good doesn't always win!
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Trump's clown show:

[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

Expanded executive powers? Who do these people think they are? Dick Cheney? laugh

Contrarian, extraordinaire

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Even Dick Cheney now realizes he wasn't "Dick Cheney".

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
but what about the other races.

Governors, attorney generals etc.?

Dems are set to pick up 3 governorships. I can't speak for local elections other than to point toward the mood of the nation.

Independents still hate Trump and everyone connected to him. Biden is not popular but he's not hated either. Recent legislation, the overturning of Row, the drop in fuel prices, are all harbingers of good news for the Dems.

The J6 Commission, The Georgia investigation, and the New York affair...

Dems are walking in high cotton.

I've got to tell you Gregor, I think you are the most optimistic person I know. Just saying - nothing wrong with that.

They still aren't going to keep the House. But Democracy will prevail and the Union will survive.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
The DOJ waited until nearly midnight eastern time last night before filing its response in the Donald Trump classified documents case asking for a Special Master. In the 40-page filing, the DOJ argued Trump's case should not be heard but that he would lose even if it were allowed. The filing included 18-page exhibits.

[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

The filing also indicates that the DOJ found classified documents inside Donald Trump’s personal desk at Mar-a-Lago. This is the part that erases any reasonable doubt argument he might have tried to make when this gets to trial. Even if he tried to claim that someone on his staff stole those boxes of classified documents and took them to Mar-a-Lago without Trump’s knowledge, this would never explain why some of the documents were inside Trump’s desk.

The filing also reveals that Trump received a grand jury subpoena for all of the classified documents several months ago. This means that when Trump only turned over some of the documents and falsely claimed that they were all of the documents he didn’t merely defy a DOJ request; he defied a grand jury subpoena.

DOJ strongly suggested they are focusing on obstruction of justice - NOT as much that he took classified information as many of us are hammering on - thereby skirting Trump's claim that he "declassified" the material on his way out of the door.

It's game over for Donald Trump.

#LockHImUp smile

2 members like this: Jeffery J. Haas, NW Ponderer
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Trump's push for a Special Master essentially opened the door for DOJ to publicly correct the record to Trump's whining for a Special Master and Trump's judge-shopping. Trump's legal team, and their fool client, once again are harmed with self-inflicted wounds.

The DOJ 's justification in this rejoinder that pushes back hard on Trump's running to another court that hadn't reviewed the original affidavit to search MAL and incorporates facts - which we get too - showing that Trump's claim of having been cooperative this whole time is bogus.

smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I spent much of last night reading through the memo. This is what happens when an idiot pokes a bear.

He gave permission for DoJ to reveal so much incriminating evidence. It is thorough, detailed, damning. It also reveals how much effort DoJ (and the FBI) have gone to in the investigation. It is hard for me to imagine indictments will not follow.

As y'all know, I spent a career as a government lawyer. This memo is a thing of professional beauty. This is what happens when a truly professional attorney get really pissed. No mistakes, just the facts presented in the most damning prose possible.

Trump is well and truly f'ed.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
This is all you need to see.

[Linked Image from static.independent.co.uk]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Trump is well and truly f'ed.
I hope it's without the hugs and the kisses too. laugh

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
This is all you need to see.

[Linked Image from static.independent.co.uk]
To be fair, Trump didn't leave the docs that way on the carpet, the FBI did that to document the contents of the box.

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard