I’ve said many times that the 2020 election was a personality election especially where independents were concerned. Obnoxious, rude, uncouth vs. the only adult in the room. It was all about getting rid of Trump for most independents, not issues. 2022 midterms from what I’m seeing is becoming more and more about Trump than issues like abortion, inflation, etc. At least over the last month. The last two election that were basically about Trump, 2018 midterms and the 2020 presidential, the Democrats won. I didn’t watch Biden’s speech against MAGA Republicans, my Braves were on, priorities. But it seems to me that the Democrats including Biden are forgetting issues in favor of campaigning against Trump. That just might work. Abortion can fire up some Democrats to get out and vote but does little for independents. Now independents dislike Trump, having or making this midterm election all about Trump and Trumpers, now that can attract the independent voter much more than the issue of abortion.5 times as many independents say inflation, rising prices over abortion is their top issue in deciding who to vote for this midterm. But make Trump the issue, their dislike of him may override inflation, rising prices as to who they decide to vote for. That seems to be the case over the last month. It certainly is an interesting strategy. But hey, it worked in 2018 and in 2020, why not try it again in 2022. Time will tell.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.