WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 86 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 85 86
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Trump was vague last night in Pennsylvania ( "I may have to run a third time" ). Trump's "pardons" are to get his militarized base excited about the prospect of another Trump term - and do his bidding without Trump actually doing the directing. Trump is very passive-aggressive that way and he can then claim innocence ( "I didn't tell them to do that" ). It's what sociopaths do. crazy

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Trump was vague last night in Pennsylvania

Trump is always vague. Culpable deniability is a game he plays well, He's already campaigning and will use these midterm rallies as a springboard to his own candidacy moving forward.

All of this outrage has done nothing but provide him with endless press coverage, make him more of a hero, a martyr, a fixture on every front page and every teevee screen(and every cell phone)

Probably the most talked about celebrity in America today.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I think we should also remember how Trump came to be. Trump had a TV show for a couple of years. It made him look like the greatest business man ever seen in modern times and WE got to watch him in action! Then he lost his show but many loved to hear about him, what he was doing, saying etc. Trump, as one Tv exec said; "Was a regular moneymaker for us (TV)". As a result he was given, for free, massive exposure on TV. I think I read that he was given over 5 BILLION dollars in free exposure. This continues into this day! Trump, basically, is a creature created by TV to make money! I'm not saying there is anything wrong in an America run by greed but, somehow, there's something wrong with this!

Trump knows all of this. Its what he does! He has serious mental problems and TV just keeps him in the limlight which tends, I suspect, to encourage him to behave as he does (lies, cheats, and steals with abandon and everybody just loves him). Actually not everybody, only between 25% and 30% of the population. But they all vote as told and can be counted on. The same can't be said for either party. It also makes those that follow Trump the power behind the throne. These are people who have been consistently lied to and taken advantage of. They happily send millions of dollars to Trump to support lies! My own thought is that one would think somebody might figure out why this is and how to do something about it. I have no answers but we have an entire government which seems to be having a real problem taking care of itself and that also makes people a bit nervous.

Just saying...............

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Trump's role on The Apprentice as an uber-successful businessman ran for 14 years!

If it had been an intentional propaganda arm attempt to create a future autocratic ruler it could not have done a better job.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Here’s something wild to think about, perhaps. Maybe an younger Trump always had intentions or wants to run for the presidency. Trump has switched parties 7 times and each time he switched; he became a member of the party which didn’t hold the presidency. A member of the minority party.
During Reagan, Trump was a Democrat, during Bill Clinton Trump became a Republican. Then in 2000, Trump joined my tiny Reform Party and ran for its presidential nomination. Following G.W. Bush’s election to the presidency, Trump went back to being a Democrat. Along come Obama, Trump once again becomes a Republican and then runs for the presidency as a Republican in 2016.

There’s no business advantage to always being a member of whichever party is in the minority nor does one increase influence, legislative wise by being a member of the minority party. Maybe Trump was just waiting for the opportunity to run for the presidency which he figured the party which didn’t hold the presidency gave him his best opportunity.

This is a very wild, out there theory. But why would someone always want to be a member of the minority party which doesn’t hold the presidency without some ulterior motive?

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
This is a very wild, out there theory. But why would someone always want to be a member of the minority party which doesn’t hold the presidency without some ulterior motive?
Trump is a failure in life and has always picked the wrong horse. He just got lucky in 2016 with Russian assistance. Even the 2020 GOP Senate Intelligence Report states Russia helped Trump in 2016.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Trump's role on The Apprentice was as made-up Hollywood as any TV show. We have Mark Burnett, Rwing Evangelical Hollywood producer to think for Trump's 14 years of made-for-TV "successful businessman" to thank - and not in a good way. it was actually Mark who got Evangelicals on the Trump Train in 2015-16.

enthusiast
enthusiast
As I’ve been saying, only Democrats and avid anti-Trumpers were interested in the 1-6 hearings. But the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago has riveted attention from all political stripes. Since then the midterms have been trending the democrat’s way. Trump has been front and centered, all cameras focused. The 1-6 hearings, the overturning of Roe by the SCOTUS, mass shootings, didn’t move the needle in how folks planned on voting this midterm. But the raid and Trump’s continued presents on the news 24/7 certainly is moving that needle. I think all we need to do is look at independents as democrats and republicans haven’t changed how they’ll vote or their views. Here the latest poll on indicting Trump.

Half of Americans in Poll Favor Trump Prosecution Over Documents

From the article: As details are released about the FBI’s recovery of material from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, the poll found 50% of those surveyed say Trump should face criminal charges, while 41% do not.

Among Republicans, fewer than 10% say Trump should be charged. But 85% of Democrats and 52% of independent voters say he should, according to the survey of 1,584 US adults conducted between Aug. 25 and Aug. 29. The results have a margin of error of plus or minus-2.5 percentage points.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...l-favor-trump-prosecution-over-documents

Independents were always the key to the upcoming midterms. But since the raid, independents had planned or stated they’d be voting for the Republican congressional candidates 45-35 over the Democrats. After the raid, Trump being on the news constantly, today, independents now favor Republican congressional candidates 42-39 over Democrats. That’s a big switch which accounts for the GOP lead in the generic congressional ballot dropping from 2.5 points prior to the raid to having the Democrats lead by 0.1 point today. Not 1-6 hearings, not abortion, not anything else. At least among independents. Trump may have even overtaken inflation, rising prices among independents as to the reason they’ll decide on who they’ll be voting for.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2022-generic-congressional-vote-7361.html

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
After 29 pages, the title of this thread still holds true: GOP and Democrats All But Tied Going into Midterms

smile

The mid-terms will be a squeaker.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Depends on your definition of tied. I look at it as the democrats having the advantage or lead in the governor’s races and in the senate. But that the GOP leads in the house. I don’t see a tie in any of those three types of elections. I see one or the other party having a lead at the end of the first quarter of play. The Democrats up by a field goal in the Senate game and in the governors’ game, the GOP up by a touchdown in the house game. But with 3 quarters left to play.

Page 29 of 86 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard