Actually Rick, I agree. Far as I’m concerned the choice of an abortion or prostitution or whatever should be left to the woman. After all, it’s her body. But neither is an issue that will decide who I vote for. I’ve voted for both pro-life and pro-choice candidates. For me, this argument of it’s her body, she should be able to do with it as she chooses works for both above. It can’t work for one without working for the other.

Although I think personally think abortion should be legal with no restrictions. I view the first trimester limitation on abortion with exceptions for things like the life of the mother and the viability of the fetus is a commonsense approach to solving the issue. That is if both major parties want to solve it. But I’m sure it will never be solved as abortion is too hot and valuable as a campaign issue used to fire up the base than to solve it.

Since the SCOTUS ruled that the federal government, correct me if I’m wrong about this, since abortion isn’t addressed in the constitution as a power for congress, it’s left to the states. Congress can neither make abortion legal with restrictions or no restrictions and neither can congress ban abortion or make abortion illegal nationwide. Not if that power resides in the states. So it seems, at least to me, Graham’s proposal if passed would be ruled unconstitutional as it stands now, the states only have the power to control or regulate or make abortion legal or illegal.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.