WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Springsteen for President!

Because he hates WOKE lefty authoritarians.

And Republicans too!

An authoritarian disguised as a righty or a lefty is still an authoritarian and a government run by an authoritarian has no other ideology than authoritarianism.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
Springsteen for President!

Because he hates WOKE lefty authoritarians.

And Republicans too!

An authoritarian disguised as a righty or a lefty is still an authoritarian and a government run by an authoritarian has no other ideology than authoritarianism.

Can you imagine walking up to a bunch of Italian guys on a corner in Brooklyn and telling them they are "Italianx"?
"Aaaaaayyyy, I gotcher Italianx right here!"

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
veteran
veteran
I think that will be quickly slapped down by the courts.
and that is the rub.

Please pay attention to what MAGA Republicans who are already in office are doing as I type .... Montana Republicans have and are rejecting a court order. The courts have no enforcement mechanism. With the advent of Trump MAGA Republicans now believe they can defy the rule of law i.e. they are both above the law and are the law.

So envision the scenario Arizona again votes for a Democrat presidential candidate. The local election board which is filled with MAGA Trump-ites decides the only way Trump could not win was if there was fraud. They then decide to overturn the results and claim Trump won. Democrats take them from lower courts to the supreme court and all opine the Democrat won. The local MAGA election board says the courts are wrong and continue to reject the Democrat win. Just how will any court enforce their decision????

The world is no longer the same sane rational world we had just a few short years ago. Every institution is on the chopping block. Every MAG-Aite believes all institutions are anti-Trump deep state domestic terrorists. So nothing they do or say is rational to the world outside the Trump delusion.

Don't make the mistake we still live the same America where it can't happen here.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The world is no longer the same sane rational world we had just a few short years ago

A few short years ago we found ourselves in a changing world. Right where we find ourselves today.

This partisan jingoism may or may not be new. Political parties are at each other's throats 24/7 worldwide around the clock since they replaced the clergy.

I grew up in the cold war, cuban missile crisis, Kennedy assassination Vietnam Civil rights movement era. Probably so did you.

We've seen some sh*t, you and I!

Nixon...

Carter hijacked by Reagan, Clinton hijacked by congress. Gore hijacked by the supreme court.

9-11. Afghanistan. Iraq. The Great Recession. The Obama years...

Just to illustrate a few high points.

What I simply do not recall is ever living in a sane and rational world.

Last edited by Greger; 09/20/22 06:33 PM.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
via Twitter

Special Master Raymond Dearie reportedly told Trump’s lawyers that if the government is offering “prima facia evidence” of classified documents and they won’t put forward the argument that the documents were declassified, then “that’s the end of it.”

Criminal Clown "Sticky-Fingers" Trump's bluff was called. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It's playing out much as you would have expected it to. A few weeks at best, and we'll see if charges are filed and what they will be.

The New York attorney general has filed a civil lawsuit so more teams of lawyers are gonna be needed to keep that fire raging as long as possible. The longer it rages, the weaker it becomes, until everyone has forgotten what it was all about to begin with.

It's what passes for the "rule of law" here.

Until you run out of money for lawyers.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
The Appeals Court just overturned Judge Cannon's order prohibiting the DOJ from using the classified documents for their criminal investigation. That was incredibly quick, and it's one of the most conservative Appeals Courts. I think that shows what a POS her ruling was. Trump's lawyers could appeal it to the Supreme Court, but if they do, I predict a shadow docket decision not to hear it ever. It's just too silly, and Trump's strip-mall lawyers are not anyway near qualified enough to argue a Supreme Court case. He would need someone high-powered to do that, and all of them refuse to to touch this nonsense with a ten foot pole.

Funny quote from court:
“In the case of someone who has been president of the United States, they have unfettered access along with unfettered declassification authority,” one of Trump’s lawyers, James Trusty, said in court Tuesday.

Let me fix that for you, dummy: “In the case of someone who had been president of the United States, they had unfettered access along with unfettered declassification authority." Of course, they had no such authority as of January 20th, 2020. Using "have unfettered access" is actually perjury! This is three million dollars worth of legal talent? I suspect it's from some lawyers who assume they would never make 3 million in their whole career, so one career-ending case is worth while.

Last edited by pondering_it_all; 09/22/22 02:38 AM.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I misunderstood the appeals court ruling until I saw this:

Judge Cannon is wrong about everything!

I thought they just overrode the part of Judge Cannon's ruling that kept the FBI from criminally investigating the 100 classified documents until the Special Master finishes his review in November, but then she would still get to decide. But I was wrong. They overruled pretty much everything she made up for Trump. They said Trump AND the Special Master had no entitlement to even look at the documents (much as the Special Master Judge Dearie said earlier). They said Trump has no claim to ownership, classified or not, to those documents. They said they agreed with the DOJ's claims in the appeal time and time again.

I think the legal term that applies here is "tore her a new a-hole". And perhaps the best news is that two of the three appeals court judges who wrote their unanimous ruling were appointed by Donald Trump!

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
What I simply do not recall is ever living in a sane and rational world.

Compared to what we're face to face with right now even the nadir of all of the above would feel sane and rational. We are in, in my humble opinion, uncharted waters for this nation.

The "constitutional rot" we used to talk about back during the Obama years is now the reality.

Everything is topsy turvy, to the point where even Hollywood can't make a dent with a film like "Don't Look Up!"...or where John Milius winds up not only putting his daughter to work in the Trump administration, he refuses to even acknowledge that he was 180 degrees wrong in his theory about a Russian invasion.

In "Red Dawn" he opens with a graphic that talks about the Green Party and leftists contributing to the collapse of the democratic world order which then enables and emboldens a Russian invasion of the USA, when in reality it is the Far Right that triggered the deterioration instead. It is Trump's Far Right that tried to dissolve NATO.

[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]

We now live IN Bizarro World.

[Linked Image from static.wikia.nocookie.net]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I admit that reading Jeannine Pirro's rant Judge Cannon's Order had me seething and discouraged. Then yesterday happened, and the clouds parted. Between AG Letitia James' filing and the 11th Circuit Order, my faith in the life of the Rule of Law was restored, at least temporarily.

Now to turn to today's news....

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard