WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Only the good die young, evil people seem to have immortality in the bag...even more so if they have a billion or so lying around.

Trump is neither good nor young. And he hasn't really got a billion lying around either.

Immortality...? He's a walking time bomb. But yeah, he could live to be 90...

The only one that's going to have problems with a Trump indictment is Trump himself.

I think we'll see an insanity plea.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
insanity plea
my brother and I argued long and hard about this. I claimed since Trump suffered from narcissism (he is delusional) he should be considered incompetent as he could not provide assistance for his own defense, and therefore should not be charged. My brother, an attorney, pointed out the law does not provide for such distinctions. Does Trump understand the difference between right and wrong? if so, and despite any delusions, he is competent to stand trial.

I don't know if this suit will make it to trial .... they may settle.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Does Trump understand the difference between right and wrong?

Perhaps we need a few examples of Trump doing the "right" thing.

Like rescuing a puppy, or giving a helping hand to his fellow man...If one understands the difference between right and wrong it stands to reason that one would occasionally make the right decision.

Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then, right???

So, Mr. Porter, the onus is on you! Show me an instance where he willfully chose to do the right thing. Just to prove that he knows the difference between right and wrong.

He's fecking insane.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by rporter314
insanity plea
my brother and I argued long and hard about this. I claimed since Trump suffered from narcissism (he is delusional) he should be considered incompetent as he could not provide assistance for his own defense, and therefore should not be charged. My brother, an attorney, pointed out the law does not provide for such distinctions. Does Trump understand the difference between right and wrong? if so, and despite any delusions, he is competent to stand trial.

I don't know if this suit will make it to trial .... they may settle.

The longest chapter in either of Trump's famous books (Art of the Deal or Think Big) appears in the latter. Here it is.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Anyone who writes a book that centers on "the art of REVENGE" demonstrates very clearly they do know right from wrong.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I suspect any "right thing" Trump has done, was just coincidently right. And had significant advantages for him. He's all about winners and losers: If he's going to be the winner, there has to be a loser.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
In her news brief of suing The Trump Organization for fraud, NY AG Letitia James coined the phrase, Art of the Steal - a take off on "Art of the Deal" a book ghost written for Trump, so that he could put his name on it.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Anyone who writes a book that centers on "the art of REVENGE" demonstrates very clearly they do know right from wrong
Is revenge usually the "right" thing to do?

Honcho
old hand
Honcho
old hand
Originally Posted by Greger
Anyone who writes a book that centers on "the art of REVENGE" demonstrates very clearly they do know right from wrong

Things in our government and the hardcore partisans who take it to extremes have made it impossible to find the right thing to do. Relevance becomes truth and the win becomes good or bad, depending on one's view of the outcome. Situational results replace honesty or truth. I was part of the damn world for too long and it continues to haunt me. I have no answers, just a lot of guilt.

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
Revenge in and of itself is not a good thing. I've seen Karma in action, and Karma does a way better job than any one person could ever do exacting revenge.

Besides, Karma comes after the revenger as well.

Just sit back, and let Karma do its work - it will be a doozy! laugh

Contrarian, extraordinaire

veteran
veteran
he willfully chose to do the right thing. Just to prove that he knows the difference between right and wrong.
COL

I had to chuckle to that.

One may know the difference between right and wrong and still choose to do the wrong thing every time. Doing so does not mean, or imply, or insinuate he doesn't know the difference, only that he has the free will to choose something other than the right thing.

I have often hoped he would take the stand and testify under oath to expose himself to his supporters what an idiot he is, but alas, they would only think he is one of them and intensify their support, loyalty, and fealty to him.

Being at the right time, the right place, the right person, saying the right things, etc, appears to be an almost eerie nexus of all the wrong, unethical, evil things all at once, which makes me consider ( ; >) he may be the anti-Christ ..... maybe it is as Rep Greene and Boebert say .... the END TIMES .... I don't know whether to pray to Trump or say some Hail Mary's

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard