Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by perotista
Time and time again Rick, you refer to deaths by COVID as decreasing the number of voters who’ll vote Republican. .
I don't make up those numbers. Those numbers are facts. My use of those numbers are simply to point out that there will be fewer voters in November 2022. THAT too is a fact.

Those fewer voters WILL impact election results is my argument.
Okay, I’ll buy that. But stress the fewer voter, not just Republican voters. But I’m not sure there’ll be fewer voters. The number of voters this midterm will most likely be more than the 2018 midterm which were more than the 2014 midterm, etc. Now the percent of the total eligible voters who turnout to vote may be less than 2018 as the percentage for that election was very high. In 2018, the turnout percentage was 50% of eligible voters. Way higher than the 40% historical average for a midterm. In fact, the 50% turnout for the 2018 midterm was a record high historically. We’ve had presidential elections that had lower voter turnout than that. 49% turnout in 1996 for example. In 2014 the turnout was 38%.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.