Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by perotista
Rick, if the GOP retakes the House

They will appoint Donald Trump as Speaker.
This is good for the Laugh of the Day. But come to think of it, one doesn’t have to be a member of the House to be selected Speaker. Like one doesn’t have to be a lawyer to sit on the SCOTUS. That makes Speaker Trump highly improbable, but possible.

Rejected, denied, same meaning. I’ve been told that this was the first time a Speaker denied, rejected any of the minority leaders’ choices to be on a committee. I researched it, googled it, but couldn’t get an answer. No matter how I worded it, the rejection of Banks and Jordon is all that came up. The results were inclusive for this being the first time a Speaker, any Speaker rejected any minority leader’s choice for a committee assignment. Its possible Pelosi’s rejection was the first and precedence setting, or it may not be. I’ve come to rely on google too much.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.