Originally Posted by perotista
Jeffrey, it wasn’t regular Republicans that gave the election in 2020 to Biden, it was independents. 94% of Republicans voted for Trump vs. 6% for Biden.

I think you may be missing the point a little bit.
Yes, you're right, ninety-four percent of Republicans IN 2020 voted for Trump, absolutely.
And that is BECAUSE in the last few years, the Republican Party has become The Trump Party.

Those independents you keep talking about? In the last few years there's been an exit in the GOP because the party booted lawmakers out and a fairly good number of former Republicans BECAME independents.
Those "former Republicans" ARE what USED to BE the regular conservative Republicans prior to the party becoming Trump's cult.

The Lincoln Project isn't a bunch of independents, anarchists and libertarians...they are former GOP LEADERS and the voters that helped put them in office. Steve Schmidt worked for Dubya and for Arnold Schwarzenegger.
John Weaver was a McCain guy. Rick Wilson worked for George H. W. Bush. Stuart Stevens worked for Mitt Romney.

The Getty Family, Christy Walton of Walmart Corp, are these people leftist commies?
No, they're FORMER Republicans.
And that's my point when I say that Biden owes a fair number of regular conservative Republicans for his win, in ADDITION TO his regular Democratic voters.
My point is, the Republican Party of today is so infected with cult behavior that ignores the future of the country that a tidal wave of voters, strategists and lawmakers EXITED today's GOP and they bumped membership IN the independent sector significantly.

But they are not "lifelong independents"...they became independents when their former party refused to recognize them anymore. It is the Republican Party that changed, not these people.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com