WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 86 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 85 86
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
I’d say you hit the nail right on the head, Greger. We think alike there. Turnout is always the key; I agree there’s no way to accurately predict that. Now for those Republicans dissatisfied with a Trump chosen candidate, there is another option than voting for the Democrat. It’s third party. I noticed going over some polls for Georgia the in the Kemp-Abrams race, only 2% of Republicans say they’ll vote third party. But in the Walker-Warnock race, 8% of Republicans are saying they’ll vote third party. It’s a way for Republicans of not voting for a Trump supported, endorsed candidate and yet not voting for the Democrat. Which is fine as they can vote for Kemp for governor and then for Libertarian Chase Oliver for Senator and not vote for any democrat at all.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Forget where I read it today SU 10/09, but the site predicted the Senate will remain 50-50 with PA and NV switching parties.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
The latest on Nevada:

The reason Laxalt has taken the lead is that he’s doing much better among Hispanics. Cortez-Masto won the Hispanic vote when she last ran in 2016 by 35 points, this time she’s winning them by 18.

Here’s Pennsylvania. Oz over the last couple of weeks has cut an 8-point lead by Fetterman down to a bit less than 4. Some prognosticators have moved Pennsylvania back from lean Democratic to tossup.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...ylvania_senate_oz_vs_fetterman-7695.html

If one is watching trends or momentum, the trend was all Republican from January through July. Then around the first party of August the trend or momentum shifted to the Democrats which they took the lead in the generic congressional ballot for the fist time this year along with looking at gaining 1-2 senate seats. Then the momentum or trend shifted back to the Republican at the end of September where now the GOP has retaken the lead in the generic congressional ballot, Fetterman has lost half of his once 8-point lead and in Nevada, Laxalt has taken the lead over Cortez Masto. Although a small lead. But before one gets excited, remember there is the margin of error in all these polls. Usually plus or minus 3 points.

One other trend if I may, along the border states, the southwest which includes Nevada, Hispanics are slowly trending to voting more Republican than the national average. You seen this in Texas where Trump won 41% of the Hispanic vote along with a Republican winning a special election for congress along the border a couple of months ago. A district that is 80% Hispanic, this is why this one special election stands out. But this trend of Hispanics voting more and more Republican is confined to Texas and the southwest. So far. The shift in Hispanics is a reason in Arizona Trumper Lake is tied with Hobbs for the governorship.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Pero, for your reading pleasure. smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Is Moore right that there will be a tsunami of voters determined to defeat the enemies of democracy? The only way to learn the answer is to stop trying to read the tea leaves and focus on making it happen.

Moore is trying to use his celebrity to influence turnout.

A tsunami is generally a wave of sorts, so he's predicting a blue wave where the facts on the ground indicate none. And telling us to ignore the facts on the ground and what we see with our own eyes in favor of his own vision of an unlikely future...gaslighting us in other words.

The only way to learn the answer is to wait until the results are in. Polls are showing a tightening for Republicans in most races rather than the opposite. Tea leaves are showing pretty much the same thing.

I'm gonna hafta call Moore's prediction an outlier and his optimism ridiculous. Did he ever get the water in Flint fixed? Or anywhere else? Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and I love his work...but all he can do is call attention to the problems.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
Is Moore right that there will be a tsunami of voters determined to defeat the enemies of democracy? The only way to learn the answer is to stop trying to read the tea leaves and focus on making it happen.

Moore is trying to use his celebrity to influence turnout..
So Moore used his celebrity to influence turnout for Trump in 2016? Because Moore DID correctly predict Trump’s win. smile

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Below is the list of most important issues for the midterms. Issues on which voters decide who to vote for. I still find it strange that inflation and the economy aren’t combined. Question 60
Inflation/prices 24%
Jobs and the economy 11%
Health care 10%
Abortion 9%
Climate change and the environment 8%
National Security 6%
Immigration 6%
Civil rights 5%
Taxes and government spending 5%
Education 4%
Guns 4%
Crime 4%
Civil liberties 2%
Criminal justice reform 1%
Foreign policy 1%

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/avydu33kqm/econTabReport.pdf

For the latest on the generic congressional ballot, you can check here.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2022-generic-congressional-vote-7361.html

The fact is you won’t have any wave election or tsunami, regardless of color. We’re talking, at least as of today a very close election. The house, a probable net gain for the Republicans is 11-13 seats. Which would give the GOP control of the house with the majority over the Democrats somewhere between 224-211 to 226-209. In the senate, today only two states seem likely to change hands, PA goes Democratic, NV may go Republican, if so, another 50-50 tie. GA, AZ stays Democratic, WI and NC stays Republican. Outside of those 6 states I listed, there is no other drama in the senate races. Of course, we still have a bit less than a month prior to the election, things can change. But now the momentum seems to have shift slightly toward the Republicans. If that continues, which no one knows it will. I’d look for the GOP to gain a couple of more seats than the 13 I have them at now. But the senate seems out of reach for the Republicans. Not with Walker in GA or Masters in AZ.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm holding steady at a loss of 15 House seats and a pickup of 2 in the Senate.

With the margin of error firmly set at two. I'd like to see a pickup in the Senate, I have no idea how it might become a reality. I'd like to see that 15 whittled down to 12 too.

Biden has finally given the signal he's ready to talk about marijuana reform. That will get some folks off the couch. It's a very motivating issue and one not often talked about.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Below is the list of most important issues for the midterms. Issues on which voters decide who to vote for. I still find it strange that inflation and the economy aren’t combined. Question 60

Inflation/prices 24%
Jobs and the economy 11%
Health care 10%
Abortion 9%
Climate change and the environment 8%
National Security 6%
Immigration 6%
So what's the GOP's plan to curb inflation. Sitting around with their thumb up theirs asses, and forming a committee to investigate "Hunter's laptop" is not a good answer. smile

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
The GOP has very few actual plans or proposals, other than regaining power to block everything Democrats propose. Inflation is driven by companies raising prices, which is fine with Republicans. Unemployment is lower than it was under Trump, though Republicans feel free just to make up unsupported numbers at their rallies, (AKA lies). Democrats gave us all access to health care coverage, and then Republican governors refused to accept federal dollars to fix the Medicaid/ACA gap. Republicans definitely gave us a Supreme Court that has gone against the 70% of us who liked Roe. Biden is the first President who has done some things about climate change. In terms of National security, Trump was the first president to ally himself with Putin. Republican policy on immigration has been a disaster under Republicans: Child separation, kids in cages being molested by their guards, asylum seekers kidnapped by DeSantis, etc.

Seems like every issue "voters care about" is basically Republicans causing problems, and Democrats trying to fix them.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
Page 45 of 86 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard