WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 86 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 85 86
enthusiast
enthusiast
For the Democrats to gain 2 seats, I’d say they must pick up PA and WI while keeping all their senate seats.NC is another possible gain for the democrats. The problem is only PA is trending Democratic today. Then there is NV which is trending Republican. The likely outcome is a 50-50 split, but there still plenty of time for that to change. I think the Democrats probably will hold onto NV. Incumbency is a hard role to beat. Interesting, Nate Sliver gives the democrats a 66% chance of retaining the senate. Now that percentage includes a 50-50 tie. Now that’s down from 71% back on 19 Sep.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So Moore used his celebrity to influence turnout for Trump in 2016? Because Moore DID correctly predict Trump’s win.

He wasn't actively going on talk shows and asking you to gather your friends and vote for Trump was he? That's his schtick right now...using his celebrity to drum up votes that just arent there.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Could it be the results of this midterm election is directly tied to the price of a gallon of gas? I have said as much in earlier posts. The Republicans had a 2.6-point lead in the generic congressional ballot back in June with gas prices above 5 dollars. Then the price started to fall, and momentum shifted from Republican to the Democrats. In mid-September the price of a gallon of gas hit a low of 3.77 a gallon. The same time the Democrats had taken a 1.3 lead in the generic congressional ballot. Then the average price of a gallon of gas began to rise once more. It is now above 4 dollars at 4.03 a gallon. It also seems the momentum has shifted back to the republicans as they now have an 0.7-point lead in the generic congressional ballot.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_gas_price

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2022-generic-congressional-vote-7361.html

Could it really be this simple? Or is it a coincidence? Republicans are going to vote for republicans, Democrats for Democrats, that’s a no brainier. It’s independents that decide these elections. They’re not political junkies and pay very little if any attention to politics until an election nears. Interesting to note that back in the June/July time frame independents were stating they’d vote Republican in the generic congressional ballot by a 45-35 margin. That narrowed in September to 42-39. Today independents are back up to a 43-35 margin for the Republicans.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/szo0yco18u/econTabReport.pdf

Also, of interest in the senate, Fetterman’s lead in PA has shrunk from 9 points down to 4, while in NV, Laxalt has overtaken Cortez Masto. According to Nate Silver, 538, the odds or chances on the GOP gaining control of the senate has increased from 29% in September up to 35% today. Republicans taking control of the House has risen from 68% in September up t 71% today.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-election-forecast/house/

Is the price of a gallon of gas going to be the determining factor on how this year’s midterm elections turn out? An interesting correlation seems to have happened.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Could it be the results of this midterm election is directly tied to the price of a gallon of gas?
That is what Vlad, the UAE and the Saudis want. They want Republicans in charge, the same folks who are funded by Russia through the NRA.

Remember, the US was to leave NATO when Trump was re-elected and form a new axis with Russia, China, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Could it be the results of this midterm election is directly tied to the price of a gallon of gas?

Could it be that corporations try to influence elections by manipulating prices?

Or is it that the great and diabolical TRUMP controls fuel prices worldwide and is using his superpowers to adjust prices and deliver a win for his chosen candidates?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Like in all things, conspiracy theories abound. Perhaps the followers of both major parties think they’re free agents, when they’re being moved around like pawns on the political chessboard. Corporations, lobbyist, special interests, mega, ultra-moneyed individual donors etc. donate tens of millions of dollars to both parties and their candidates. Most corporations, wall street firms donate to both political parties based on who has the best chance of winning. These moneyed elites want our elected official to owe them.

The 2020 election cost 14 billion dollars, Democratic candidates and groups have spent $6.9 billion, compared to $3.8 billion for Republicans.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/10/cost-of-2020-election-14billion-update/

A lot of good financial information in the above if one wants to look at it.

Then there’s this:

2022 federal midterm election spending on track to top $9.3 billion

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2022/09/2022-midterm-election-spending-on-track-to-top-9-3-billion/

So where are both parties coming up with billions? It sure isn’t small campaign donors. No, we’re just a necessary evil to be moved around by the moneyed elites as they buy our elected officials.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
That's only Republicans, Pero. Democrats get by just spending pennies and they never take corporate donations. John Fetterman says his average donation is only $5.28 and if I'd rush that amount to his campaign he'd be able to defeat the wealthy TRUMP backed Turkish Allah-loving fraud.

Any evidence to the contrary is fake news.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
That's only Republicans, Pero. Democrats get by just spending pennies and they never take corporate donations. John Fetterman says his average donation is only $5.28 and if I'd rush that amount to his campaign he'd be able to defeat the wealthy TRUMP backed Turkish Allah-loving fraud.

Any evidence to the contrary is fake news.

Sarcasm noted. LOL

Senator Owen Brewster:
Now, is it possible that these could be considered bribes?

Howard Hughes:
I suppose you could call them that, yes.

Senator Owen Brewster:
Would you repeat that?

Howard Hughes:
I said, I suppose you could consider them bribes, yes.

Senator Owen Brewster:
Well, would you like to explain that, Mr. Hughes?

Howard Hughes:
I'm afraid you don't know how the aviation business works, senator.
See, wining and dining Air Force dignitaries is common in our business.
It's because we all want the big contracts. All the major aircraft companies do it.
I don't know whether it's a good system, I just know it's not illegal.
You, senator, you are the lawmaker. If you pass a law that states no one
can entertain Air Force officers, well, hell l'd be happy to abide by it.

YOU CAN SKIP TO 4:18 in the clip for the good part if you like.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Brewster accused Utterback and the Democratic Party of throwing the vote in certain predominantly Franco-American (i.e. Catholic-majority) towns in Aroostook County, and took that accusation first to state authorities and then to the U.S. Congress itself, where he tried to prevent Utterback from being seated.

WHAT A SURPRISE!!! A Republican doing in 1932 what ALL Republicans in Congress are now doing en masse today!

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
enthusiast
enthusiast
LOL, yeah Greger. I got you. There ought to be a way to fix this. But since the SCOTUS ruled money is speech, there isn’t. Here’s the most expensive senate races. You can click on the state to see the break down.

https://www.opensecrets.org/electio...entcycle=2020&senateraisedcycle=2022

Using my home state, Georgia, Warnock has raised 60 million to Walkers 20 million. Then you have to add spending by outside groups not affiliate with either party or candidate, ha, ha, yeah. That’s another 46 million benefitting Warnock and 42 million benefitting Walker. That’s 170 million for one senate seat. But compared to the senate runoff elections in January 2021, 170 million is peanuts.

I’ve been supporting a law that would basically say if you can’t vote for a candidate, you can’t donate to that candidate or his campaign. Talk about hitting a brick wall. This has been a hot issue for me ever since the Georgia runoff elections in 2021 when 90% of all money spent on those two runoffs came from out of state. The moneyed folks from out of state own Georgia’s two senators as far as I’m concerned.

Page 46 of 86 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard