WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by jgw - 06/11/24 08:38 PM
Time to Impeach Thomas
by jgw - 06/11/24 05:56 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by perotista - 06/10/24 11:53 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/10/24 06:17 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 06/06/24 05:31 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:20 AM
Watching the Supreme Court
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:15 AM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,170,956 my own book page
5,023,343 We shall overcome
4,204,879 Campaign 2016
3,799,114 Trump's Trumpet
3,020,885 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,300
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 9
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,095
Posts313,909
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
So, I am dying to know how other people saw the last January 6 hearing, and no one has said anything...

As for me, I think the videos of Pelosi and Schumer trying to get help to the Capitol may have been the most damning.

Thoughts?
It was my first day back to work and I did not see/follow the hearings live.

The fact that Pelosi and Schumer tried to get help to the Capitol defeats the Trump/MAGAt narrative that Pelosi DID NOT do anything to help the situation by calling in the National Guard.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
J6: Putting it all together

• Donald Trump planned to falsely declare that he won the 2020 election months before Election Day
  • As the votes were still being counted on Nov. 3, 2020, Trump held a rally in New York City, where he asserted without evidence that he had defeated Joe Biden
  • President Trump allegedly conspired with key influential conservative activists, as early as July, to claim victory and declare that the election was stolen
  • Steve Bannon audio reveals Trump planned to claim early victory
  • Trump's premeditated plan was to declare victory no matter what the actual result was. He made a plan to stay in office before Election Day
  • Trump's plan was concocted in advance
  • Steve Bannon: What Trump is going to do is just declare victory, right? He’s going to declare victory. That doesn’t mean he’s the winner. He’s just going to say he’s the winner
  • Roger Stone: The key thing to do is to claim victory. Possession is nine-tenths of the law
  • GOP lawmakers and news pundits pre-planned tactics with a narrative before elections in July started and executed the plan when Trump did lose
  • Trump's conspired with lawyer, John Eastman, and the chairs of state Republican parties around the country to submit slates of fake electors
  • When Trump's attempted to appoint DOJ underling Jeffrey Clark as acting attorney general effort ended after other officials at Justice and Trump's White House counsel, Pat Cipollone, threatened to resign in protest
  • Trump's planned weeks before Jan. 6, to send an angry mob to the Capitol after his speech on the Ellipse.
  • Trump knew the mob would be armed and equipped with military equipment such as Kevlar vests, tactical helmets, riot shields, handguns and rifles
  • The Trump White House and Secret Service knew the mob would be armed
  • Knowing that his term was coming to an end, Trump signed a memo on Nov. 11 ordering an immediate withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia discounting the Rwing narrative that Joe Biden withdrew from Afghanistan hastily
  • National security and military leaders warned the Trump Administration that the order would have catastrophic consequences

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
J6: Putting it all together

• Donald Trump planned to falsely declare that he won the 2020 election months before Election Day
  • As the votes were still being counted on Nov. 3, 2020, Trump held a rally in New York City, where he asserted without evidence that he had defeated Joe Biden
  • President Trump allegedly conspired with key influential conservative activists, as early as July, to claim victory and declare that the election was stolen
  • Steve Bannon audio reveals Trump planned to claim early victory
  • Trump's premeditated plan was to declare victory no matter what the actual result was. He made a plan to stay in office before Election Day
  • Trump's plan was concocted in advance
  • Steve Bannon: What Trump is going to do is just declare victory, right? He’s going to declare victory. That doesn’t mean he’s the winner. He’s just going to say he’s the winner
  • Roger Stone: The key thing to do is to claim victory. Possession is nine-tenths of the law
  • GOP lawmakers and news pundits pre-planned tactics with a narrative before elections in July started and executed the plan when Trump did lose
  • Trump's conspired with lawyer, John Eastman, and the chairs of state Republican parties around the country to submit slates of fake electors
  • When Trump's attempted to appoint DOJ underling Jeffrey Clark as acting attorney general effort ended after other officials at Justice and Trump's White House counsel, Pat Cipollone, threatened to resign in protest
  • Trump's planned weeks before Jan. 6, to send an angry mob to the Capitol after his speech on the Ellipse.
  • Trump knew the mob would be armed and equipped with military equipment such as Kevlar vests, tactical helmets, riot shields, handguns and rifles
  • The Trump White House and Secret Service knew the mob would be armed
  • Knowing that his term was coming to an end, Trump signed a memo on Nov. 11 ordering an immediate withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia discounting that Rwing narrative that Joe Biden withdrew from Afghanistan hastily
  • National security and military leaders warned the Trump Administration that the order would have catastrophic consequences

Don't forget

[*]Roger Stone: "F*** the voting, let's get to the violence!"

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So, I am dying to know how other people saw the last January 6 hearing,

Are those still going on? I didn't need to be convinced of his guilt so I haven't watched any of them.

Has ANY evidence been presented that might point to his innocence? Does any such evidence exist? Is there any chance he is innocent of anything? Any question of his guilt??

I eagerly await the results but don't expect them to be earth-shattering in their scope. Sort of a rescinsion of the participation trophy he was awarded for not actually winning an election.

I expect their final report will come out on Jan 6 and that it will be damning. And I expect they will dump that hot potato in the laps of the next House and its new leadership after making their recommendations.

It will be one more opportunity for Republicans everywhere to debase themselves before the Golden Calf. To make themselves look like fools in the eyes of most of the world and future American voters.

And they'll take it....nice. An ironic ending. And a damning beginning for the next House.

And that's the way the next season of US Congress Shenanigans will begin...

That FBI documents case is criminal and it's got teeth. If anything is liable to go anywhere, it's that one.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
So, I am dying to know how other people saw the last January 6 hearing,

Are those still going on? I didn't need to be convinced of his guilt so I haven't watched any of them.

Please don't be offended when I tell you that if you haven't even bothered to watch any of the hearings, that it explains a lot of your "What, Me Worry?" outlook.
Sorry Greger, if you didn't follow the hearings AT ALL, and you're here on CHB laughing at folks and casting aspersions at their concerns and implying that they might be a tad hysterical, in reality you don't have any frame of reference, sir.

Trump's guilt is part of what went down at the hearings but the hearings covered a mountain of stuff APART from the simple matter of his guilt or innocence.

Now at least I understand why you've been chuckling and muttering "What's all the hubbub about, where's the fire, it's business as usual, nothing to see here, move along, stay off my lawn."

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
So, I am dying to know how other people saw the last January 6 hearing, and no one has said anything...

As for me, I think the videos of Pelosi and Schumer trying to get help to the Capitol may have been the most damning.

Thoughts?
It was my first day back to work and I did not see/follow the hearings live.

The fact that Pelosi and Schumer tried to get help to the Capitol defeats the Trump/MAGAt narrative that Pelosi DID NOT do anything to help the situation by calling in the National Guard.

Yes, or as I called it, "THE BROW BEATING" ....

It was like being verbally waterboarded for over a year, a constant din:

"Huh? Huh?? HUH??? Why dintcher precious Pelosi DO SUMPIN bout it??"

[Linked Image from images.dailykos.com]

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Jeffery, all I care about is how this sh*t turns out. I watched the Jan 6 riot just like everyone else. The hearings have revealed nothing we didn't already know or suspect.

I read the news, I don't need to stay glued to the screen, He's guilty of everything.

Just as we already knew or suspected.

He'll probably skate just in the manner I've predicted above.

Nothing more than a clear concise evaluation of events as I see them rolling along.

Perhaps you think things will turn out differently? How? Do you think they'll be able to resist releasing the final report on Jan 6?

The House is about to change hands, this investigation is over.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
The issue Greger, is that J6 was not just about Trump. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of Americans who supported the J6 effort. THAT is the problem - there are other Americans who think just like him. Thinking like Trump is a problem for American democracy.

Heck, we even have a federal "judge' in Florida doing Trump's bidding to delay the FBI investigation into this obvious espionage. mad

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
If Trump "skates" that will definitely have a negative effect on our democracy. I don't see Trump skating.

Of course a Republican House will want the investigation to be over. They're not honest about what happened on J6 - 2/3rds over American voting Republicans think that J6 is no big deal or it didn't happen the way the J6 Committee says it did. THAT's a problem.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
You and I survived the first four years of Trump and I suspect we'd survive four more.

Survive is a loaded term because living things can survive all kinds of disasters but societies and civilizations, not so much.
Rod Serling put it best.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you're nonchalant about America becoming a mob, foaming at the mouth and giving itself license to its basemost instincts and spreading that evangel to the world at large, I just have no idea what to say to you about that, but I guarantee you that the damage will be permanent and long after we're all in the ground, our children and their children will curse the folks who thought that way.

It almost sounds like you don't really place all that much value on the ideas that made America possible in the first place.
To put it bluntly, sounds like "you just don't give a s*** anymore", and that's sad.
Nobody can MAKE you give a s***, and I realize that.
Most of us still do though.

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25

Moderated by  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 

Link Copied to Clipboard